Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3 results found

1. Hyperlink alt text is ignored in the latest version of Indesign

When creating or editing a hyperlink there is an option to add alt text. If you add alt text to your link and export an accessible PDF the alt text is ignored. I have a document with a ton of hyperlinks that all need alt text which we have added but don't come through because of this bug. Now I'm forced to add them again to the PDF.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

According to the ISO-32000, the Hyperlinks are NOT supposed to be populated into the Alt-Text field. They should be entered into the Contents Key (see attachment) instead.
    InDesign currently does place them in the correct place [see screenshot attached].
    While someone using Acrobat can also add them to the Alt-text field, this is technically less correct than entering into the Contents key but either will pass an Accessibility checker.

InDesign implemented this correctly based on the above information (provided by Accessibility experts, like Dax Castro, thanks Dax).

Closing this issue.

Adobe InDesign team

2. Controller skin for embedded video

I've been using InDesign to create PDF publications with embedded videos. When I created them in earlier versions of InDesign there was an option in the Interactive/Media window to choose a controller skin. I'm up to date with InDesign/CC and this has disappeared. The videos still exist in the exported PDF, but there is no obvious way for the end user to play/pause/rewind the video. This is an essential feature for the work I do. What now?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. export

My inDesign file won't export to PDF. it says it has an error but no exact details.
    Also when I want to make a package it stops while exporting

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    CLOSED  ·  amaarora responded

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
    We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base