Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. eyedropper + shift

Eyedropper tool bug, when I'm trying to use the optionnal command "Shift" (the eyedropper become a target), it supposed to grab only color, which is not the case on 19.0 on mac, it seems to work as a normal eyedropper :s

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can't Rename Objects in Layers Panel on MacOS Big Sur

Adobe Indesign 16.1, macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

I cannot rename objects or layers in the layers panel. I've attached a video of the typical triple-click method and all you see is a quick flash of the editing mode but it is never actually able to be edited.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Missing strikethrough, replace text, and highlight options on share for review web link

We're using the public (with password) share for review option for our annual report because we didn't want one-time reviewers to have to make an account.

I thought that's why I was only seeing the draw and thumbtack options on the online review. But after updating InDesign the options appeared today. And then they disappeared again and I can't get them to come back.

I hope this feature can be fixed. It was so much easier to make the updates from the comments then emailed edits and scans of people markups that they PDF'd.

We had one other issue before,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Backwards apostrophe

The "right-single-quote" mark (i.e. apostrophe) in InDesign is rendering backwards, ONLY with the font that I'm using (Acme Gothic). The apostrophe is correct with other fonts, and on other Adobe products (Illustrator and Photoshop). It's specifically when using this font, and in InDesign. It's even using the correct character (’) but it's appearing backwards. It also exports backwards in a PDF as well. I'm using Adobe InDesign 2020 on a Macbook Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The ’ for the font Acme Gothic has been set to Mirrored in your text frame, that’s why it is rendering backwards.

To change all instances of this, highlight it with the mouse, right-click, the choose ‘Load Selected Glyph in Find’. The Find/Change dialog opens with the selected glyph already in the Find Glyph field – its Unicode ID is 201B. To change the Glyph to the non-mirrored one, just type 2019 in the Unicode ID field . Then click Change All. It will change all instances of the mirrored apostrophe with the non-mirrored apostrophe.

Hope it helps.

Adobe InDesign team

5. eyedropper not working correctly

That's version 14.0.1.209

When I create a NEW document — there is no problem, the eyedropper working correctly.
    BUT...
    When I work in a document that was previously in an earlier version (for example, CC 2018), then this problem is present.

If I CREATE a new text box in a document that has been re-saved from an earlier version (IC 2018), then the eyedropper will not work correctly.

If I CREATE a new text box in a NEW document (CCP 2019), and then transfer it to an old document, then the eyedropper in the new box will not work.

If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can't Open JPEG file

Hi there

I am having trouble opening up .jpeg files from Indesign. It is installed as a part of my Creative Cloud subscription. Please see attached for the error that pops up. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    G

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stroke Alignment Changes Shape Size

InDesign 13.0.1

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Create a shape (Rectangle, Circle, Polygon)
    2. Add stroke to shape
    3. Change stroke alignment

Expected Result:
    - Stroke changes alignment to what the user set (inside, outside, centered).

Actual Result:
    - Shape size (and bounding box) change, while stroke remains aligned inside the bounding box.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The stroke is always shown inside the bounding box for all three types of stroke alignments. But if you check the size of the object, it will be different for different stroke alignments.
    For example, if you have a square of 100 pt x 100 pt with a 20 pt stroke weight aligned to Center, its W & H = 120 pt. Similarly for the same square, if the stroke is aligned to Inside, its W & H = 100 pt while for stroke aligned to Outside, its W & H = 140 pt.

This is how it has been designed.

8. English (UK) dictionary apparently not working

Why, when I have set things to PROPER English rather than American English, is the spellchecker still working in Mericanese?

The attached will show British spellings being highlighted as wrong, yet PROPER English selected in preferences.

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can select the text frame and change the language in the Control panel
    or you can select a specific portion of text, say a word, in a frame and change the language for that in the Control panel.

If you want to change the application’s default language, in a no document state, edit the [Basic Paragraph] style in the Paragraph Styles panel (in Advanced Character Formats) category.

9. PDF comment import does not show regular sticky notes.

The new PDF comment feature imports the comments just fine, but regular sticky note comments are not displaying. They show up in the list, but do not point to where they are on the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base