Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 is not supported on our enterprise CS account???

I received a notice that an update is required, but Windows 10 is not supported on our enterprise Adobe CS account on my work computer??

"Update required
    You must update your system to install lnDesign. Please check the following:
    Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 10 or later (Note: Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 version 1507, Windows 10 version 1511, Windows 10 version 1703 and Windows 10 version 1709 are not supported)"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Indesign ALWAYS forgets app size and position

Indesign always forgets app size and position in latest 2020, V15.0, Windows.
    I thought that this issue was well and truly over after update patch with previous versions but here we are again, 2020 version 15.0 and still happening.
    Please fix as very annoying, also, this may be related but indesign main frame (top tool bars) completely disappear when first minimising the application, leaving the vertical tool bars behind, the only way to retrieve the main top toolbar is to re-start the application. Amateurish!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Removable Device Warning

I have been working with InDesign for many years and have learned to store my files on a removable device. This is because I have found them to be more stable than my computer and if the computer goes down, the data is fine. Now, I find myself getting a constant message telling me that I should not do this (which is Adobe's opinion and they are entitled to it) with a check box for me to select if I don't want to receive these messages again. Why, when I check this box, do I keep getting these messages? Sadly…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Indesign 2020 keeps asking me to save files

It says it has been altered (asterisk next to name) immediately after I open a file
    even I haven't made any changes. After I save it , the asterisk shows up again as soon as I scroll down!

I am using InDesign 2020, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Problem with changing the cursor to text

Spinning wheel of death on cursor tool. Running latest version and catalina.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. InDesign 15.0 Smart Guides problem on converted files

After the 15.0 update InDesign does not show Smart Guides on files that are saved with the older version of InDesign. New blank documents show Smart Guides as they should but if I open (convert) old file to 15.0 Smart Guides stop working. So when I drag elements they don't snap to each other or center to the page for example.

I'm working on Windows 10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Live-Linking Word Document

Since updating to 14.0.3 the live linking function for text documents no longer works.

Since updating to 14.0.3 if I place a word document into my Indesign Document and ensure that the link text setting is turned on in file handline it places the word document but is unable to update the file when changes are made in word. It won't even allow for manual updating and you have to re-place the document every time you make an update. This means our project is going to take a lot longer to finish as we have to re-map our paragraph styles…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Neues Dokument lässt sich nicht erstellen ....leeres Fenster mit %CCX_FNFT_DIALOG_NAME

Es lässt sich kein neues Dokument erstellen weder über die Schaltfläche noch über Datei neu.... Stattdessen kommt ein leeres Fenster mit %CCXFNFTDIALOG_NAME

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Only loading icon

Today (10.10.2019) I tried continuing my work in Adobe InDesign (newest CC version), and it refuses to work at all. Upon opening application there is only loading icon. Restarting system, and reinstalling application wouldnt work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Indesign: Slow performance (solution)

InDesign documents are almost unavailable (almost every process).

Problem: Text Frame Options> Balance Colums> Check

Workaround: Uncheck

(InDesign CC 14.0.3 - Windows 7)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. CPU over 100% - inDesign not usable

Within in hour of using inDesign the CPU goes up to 1000% of CPU usage without any reasons. No matter if I'm working on a blanc space or big files, it react over time.

Quick solution is to restart the application, within 1 hour of using the CPU goes up again.

I reinstalled the application and work on a new account.

Specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 Zoll, End 2015)
    4 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. bug after ID update to 14. the programm language was changed from german to english

bug!
    after ID update to 14. the programm language was changed from german to english.
    Please fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. maximum open indesign documents

Hello Guys!

I have a problem with indesign. I cant open more than 140 documents at ones in indesign but i need all my 146 files to export it with twixl for my interactive app.
    Can i change the maximum of documents that i can open at ones???

Please help me, i need finish my work tomorrow, thanks!

best regards,
    Roman

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. can't close file

Running InDesign CC 17 (12.1.0.56). Having to quit app every time I want to close a file. When trying to close file, application frame remains, but I can not close it or minimize it, or open other files. Am quitting app every time I need to open a new file.

Running Mojave 10.14.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. LENTEUR InDesign

Bonjour, cela fait 20 n'as que j'utilise InDesign mais depuis 2 ans avec la nouvelle version CC . C'est devenu un calvaire de travailler avec cette application.
    Faîtes quelque chose de sérieux avant que je me tourne vers autre chose... ça devient insupportable.

La réponse ne peut pas être désactiver des application tierce comme suit case et font explorer, ces applications sont indispensables avec Indesign.

Donnez moi une solution pérenne. merci

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Still not fixed—GREP search fails to find all the matching instances in long documents

An Adobe Indesign CC 2019 (version 14.0.2) file has fewer than 15K characters. A return, followed by the text “ppp”, appears 27 times in the file. They can all be found using the “Text” version of find, searching for “^ppp”. However, using the “GREP” version of find, searching for “\rppp”, only the last one is found. (I am running MacOS Mojave, version 10.14.5 on a MaxBook Pro, retina, 15 inch, mid 2015).

I followed the purported fix found at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/search-issue-in-long-documents.html but with no success.

Indesign files are invalid file types for attaching to this bug post; however I have a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Optical Kerning Indesign Plugin (missing)

CC 2019. Mac OSX 10.14.6

We have encountered a file corruption whereby we are now unable to open an indesign doc. We get the error message as shown in the screen shot however nobody in our office has this plugin. The operator who created the file cannot even open the file - we are lost as to what has happened to this file as nobody in the team has any additional plugins. We are running the latest version of CC.

Has anybody else come across this issue as we cannot even search online for such a plugin - does it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ellipses not found by Find/Replace

Version of Adobe InDesign
    14.0.2 x64

Steps to reproduce the issues
    1. Placed a Word document. Reformatted etc - lots of work done.
    2. Tried to Find/Replace all ellipses to ensure they have a Thin Space before and after. InDesign Find/Replace finds no ellipses (but I am looking at them, having already replaced three periods with ellipses throughout the document).
    3. Tested in a new document - problem does not occur there. But it does if I paste the text from the previous document in.
    4. Tried exporting to IDML and re-opening to remove any corruption. This made no difference. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base