Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 14.0.1 x64 running on Windows 10 Pro ver 17763.165 and when explorer is launched it makes the screen flicker and you cannot close InDesign

I'm running Win 10 Pro version 17763.165 and had iTunes open and had just started Adobe InDesign version 14.0.1 X64 and then launched win file explorer and that came up but then the explorer window kept flickering. It did it so much I couldn't close the window. Now I have settings open and the about window in InDesign froze and doesn't close. But some of this my be a design flaw in the Adobe program. Only way to close was by Task manager. Report also sent to MS support to let them know as this may be a beta build

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Content not updating when changes are committed

When making revisions to a layout—I'll use a table as an example—the table won't update to show a modification to the element (a row being deleted, for example). Only upon taking another action does the table reflect the user action. Until another action is taken, it will show the content as still being there. FYI: this bug has been present since the previous version of ID..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+Shft+G (Ungroup) acts strange

In Windows 10, Indesign 14.0:

Ungrouping with keyboard shortcut only works when I:

1. hold Ctrl+LeftShift,

2. then touch RightShift (while holding Ctrl+LeftShift) (????)

3. press G (while still holding Ctrl+LeftShift)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pages window not open

InDesign CC 14.0 x 64 running on Win 10 Pro November 2018.
    The Pages Window stayed open at startup on previous InDesign CC. Now it is closed, other windows like Paragraph Styles and Info stay open, but not Pages.
    Can this be fixed please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. pen tool

When modifying a container box by adding points with the pen tool, the points wont select individually and the pen changes to the hand tool and will only select the object in the container. At first I thought it might be my Wacom, but the mouse also will not select points as (option pen) or using the point selection tool.

At the same time when trying to clip an object set to transparency, so an object below can be seen so I can clip around it. The object becomes opaque making the task impossible.

I am running a the latest…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. properties panel is lagging

I like the new properties panel, but it seems to be a little bit laggy.
    If the properties panel ist active, and I’m clicking on a text frame or image eg. it is lagging a little bit. If the panel is close, there is no issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. InDesign 2019 scrubby zoom no longer works (command + space + click)

Prior to InDesign 2019, you can press command + spacebar + click to be able to activate the scrubby zoom feature.

Now when you press command + spacebar + click you just draw a box that once you unclick, it zooms to that space... Very undesirable..

Did a preference change on the update somewhere that I don't know about? Because I can not find this feature in the Preferences now.

Please advise.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature you are talking about is called ‘Animated Zoom’ (it’s Mac only feature).
    It is turned ON by default on Mac machines having a GPU card with a compatible monitor attached.
    Check the Document Name in its tab – does it say ‘GPU Preview’? If not, press Shift+E to switch to this mode.
    Also, check under Preferences > GPU Performance and see if ‘Animated Zoom’ is checked ON. It should be enabled for this feature to work.

Adobe InDesign team

8. font size

InDesign 13.1.x64

When you have two monitors, the main with 125% font size and the secondary with 100% font size, the mouse pointer didn't work well on secondary screen when selecting menu options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. library

the drag-and-drop function no longer works in the library in the new Adobe Indesign cc 2019 14.0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. File Info (description) on placed photographs in indesign CC 14 is unable to be copied to clipboard when selected.

File Info (description) on placed photographs in indesign CC 14 is unable to be copied to clipboard when selected. This means we are unable to caption images using metadata in our newsroom workflow. Is anyone else having this issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. gridify when placing images

In Version CC2019 (14.0) the gridify function misbehaves when placing images.
    With the gutter-dimension changed for 1 spread the gridify function keeps the same spacing as with the other pages. For drawn shapes using the gridify-function everything acts normal. MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Text cursor disappears - Mojave and InDesign CC 13.1

After upgrading to Mac OSX Mojave (10.14), using InDesign CC 13.1 ME, the text cursor disappears. All other cursors appear as expected. This happens both with the standard Text tool, and the ME Text tool.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Punched-in" values are not properly input. Possible latency issue.

For example, when punching in numbers to resize an object, the first number will often go ignored.

Also, when punching in new values for type (Font Size and Leading), when hitting TAB (from Font Size) to punch in a new Leading value, the value will not completely replace the current value if currently an "auto" value if I begin typing immediately. This results in an unwelcomed and unwarranted "invalid numeric value" popup.

This has been happening ever since I can remember (all CC versions)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support for higher resolutions

I didn't find a possibility to open "Mehr Optionen" (more options) in the new tab "Eigenschaften" on the right side BY DEFAULT. On TFTs with 2160px there is no need für reducing options

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Find/Replace saves are not not saving

When searching documents for frequently used word to change it is good to have these saved. this used to work - now if you do save, next time you open indesign they are ALL GONE?

XXX Company needs to change to YYY Company, save in Find / Replace. Open next job to amend XXX to YYY

Nothing there?

Fail

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG InDesign CC2019 Win10 Scrollbars disappear when cursor is in text box

Scrollbars disappear when cursor is placed in a text box using the Type Tool. Must switch to Selection Tool and click out of text box in order view and use scrollbars again.

InDesign CC 14 (2019)
    Windows 10

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AIGPUSNIFFER NOT WORKING CC2018 MOJAVE 10.14

Io lavoro con un iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) , macoli Mojave 10.14, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096MB, e quando apro INDESIGN CC2018 mi appare sempre AIGPUSNIFFER che non funziona.

Cosa posso fare?

Grazie

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. tool

When working with Indesign CC2018 and still in CC2019 on Mac. I can't use the Toolbox/bar on my second monitor connected to my MacBook. When the Toolbox is placed/locked on to the left hand side of the screen, the submenus of all tools (Type, Pen, Pencil etc.) don't open on my secondary monitor, but semi randomly are placed on the display of my MacBook. the only way to "fix" this is to place the Toolbox on the MacBook's display, but that's not the way to go about it...
    It has something to do with different resolutions of the two screens,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. InDesign CC 2019, GPU enablement on Mac

InDesign CC 2019 14.0
    macOS Mojave 10.14
    Mac Pro 5.1 (mid 2012)
    SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5

Photoshop CC GPU Performance - ok
    Illustrator CC GPU Performance - ok
    InDesign CC... GPU incompatible???
    In addition, there are icon discolorations (only InDesign). Sometimes this effect occurs, sometimes not. The color of discoloration can be different.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Based on our investigation we have categorised the issue that are being reported on this thread into three types:

1. Users having compatible GPU and monitor configuration but still not able to use GPU rendering.

2. Users having Incompatible GPU and monitor configuration. Please refer following link that have all the details system requirement for GPU rendering.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/gpu_performance.html

3. MacPro, Mac mini OR “working on MacBooks with screen down” and using Hidpi monitors with display scale factor one.
    This has been identified as bug and we have fixed it in the latest version of InDesign, Id 14.0.3
    Please update your InDesign to the latest version to try out the fix

Note:
    Since , this thread is mainly being tracked only for enable-ment of GPU functionality
    Please report drawing related issue via other reported threads or new threads.

20. In InDesign CC 2019 slow Reaction Time on clicking from one object to another.

Using InDesign CC 14.0 on Windows 10. I have an magazine layout with text and picture boxes, of course. When clicking from one box to another, there is a long delay, a temporary freeze. Eventually (20-30 seconds) it awakens and I can move on. But it's happening more frequently, even after a reboot.

Is this an issue of my computer talking to Adobe servers?

Nothing to screen shot, there is no message.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Following up on the comments stating that the issue is yet not fixed, we did our investigation and found that, the issues being called out in the comment section, though maybe relevant but are different than the one for which this thread was originally created.

This particular thread caters to a very specific case which has been fixed in the last update of InDesign.

If you continue to face performance related issues with InDesign, we sincerely request you to create a separate thread so that we can categorize the performance related issues and address them completely.
    In addition to track the performance issues effectively, it will also enable us to reach out to you in a organised manner when we investigate into each category of performance issues.

We are extremely sorry for the troubles you are facing with InDesign and we are determined to resolve them as efficiently…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base