Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

860 results found

1. egnyte

1. 15.1.1x64
    2. I'm having InDesign issues recovering 2 proposal documents I was working on. When I went to save it I got this message and when I went to the folder the file was gone and only showing as a locked file. (please see attachments). Then when I tried opening InDesign back up it gave me this message. It's not letting me open it even when trying to open it from my desktop. (please see attachments.)
    3. Successful save and successful opening of files.
    4. Unable to save and recover document successfully.
    5. See attachment.

Please keep Lucas Culbertson, IT guy, lculbertson@brasfieldgorrie.com in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Major performance issues in 15.0.2 with multiple large documents open

I'm on a Windows laptop with a Core i7, 16 gb of ram and a dedicated GPU. Up until the 15.0.2 update there was some hitching and slowdown with these large files (and I noticed a weird bug where hitting T to use the Type tool doesn't actually change the tool) but now editing text can take up to 10 minutes with more than one file open. I can't make a screencast at the moment since I had to reinstall 15.0.1 to complete the project on time but the filesize we're talking about is 50-75mb, ~60 pages or so with…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. blacked out images with no broken links

InDesign ver 15.0.1
    I have a file that displayed all linked images correctly this morning. 90% of the images are linked from my desktop, which is also where the InDesign file is located. 2 of the linked images are from a network cloud server.

After disconnecting from the server and then reopening the file, all linked files appear to have broken links. However when, checking the Links panel, only the images that were linked from the server are broken. This makes sense except that all linked images populate the document as either a gray box or a solid black box.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Zoom Shortcuts Won't Work

The shortcuts for zooming in and out will not work (Ctr l+ +/-) very frequently. I have to quick the program every time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Trackpad scroll issues with InDesign v15.0.2 on new MacBook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8 core processor 64GBmemory. .

InDesign v15.0.2 Trackpad is not scrolling well on new MacBook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8 core processor 64GBmemory. I just upgraded my equipment to top of line MacBook Pro. and bought the subscription to Adobe all apps. I have been using 2013 MacbookPro with CS6. My files are unresponsive in Indesign. I typically collage with 600+ photoshop images to make is single design on multiple pages. On my old system I was not running into problems except new OS was incompatible with CS6.

This is unacceptable. I called Adobe and they were not helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 탐색기나 브릿지와의 호환

인디자인 cc로 업데이트 한후 탐색기나 브릿지에서 이미지를 가지고 올때 드래그가 안되는 현상이 가끔 발생합니다. 너무 불편합니다. 문제 해결좀 해주세요.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Power Efficiency

Since I've moved to working remotely entirely, I've noticed how quickly using several Adobe programs burns through my laptop battery. I'm running a brand new 16" Macbook Pro with the latest MacOS Catalina version, and I'm lucky if I get an hour and a half of battery life while running InDesign and Illustrator at the same time. When I review what is using the most battery life, my Mac lists InDesign, Illustrator, and Core Sync as the main culprits.

Now, I understand that these programs at times are fairly graphically intensive, but the battery life I'm getting is absymal, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 15.0.2

When pasting a group of layers from one document to another it would be great of InDesign would honor the sort order when the layers land in the receiving document. Also if the layer colors can stay the same.

I often paste between documents and it is not fun having the manual sort the layers. How about a sort selected layer by "X' as an option. Typically I number these direct mail layers in numerical order.

This is very important with direct mail clients with variable data. The printers prefer all versions for the different branch offices in a 2-page…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deleting Preference files

I crashed when I boot up and the message says I need to delete the Preferences files but Alt-Ctl-Shift doesn't show the expected Preferences file message upon startup. Is there another way to delete Preference files?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. STILL stuck in hand tool InDesign

Stuck in hand tool... YES I read the existing thread... NO none of those fixes work. Adobe, PLEASE supply a REAL, PERMANENT fix.

Running 2015 MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch, Mojave 10.14 2.8 GHz

I have NO OTHER programs running. RESTARTING neither the app nor the computer helped. I can't perform ANY tasks in InDesign.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fan still running high in latest version of Indesign CC 15.1.1

Many people have commented in the user forums about this.

Have just installed the latest update and it's still happening. CPU processes listed for Indesign between an average of 94.1 to 104.6, sometimes dropping for a brief second to around 90.

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64GB RAM

Hopefully this can get fixed as it was not an issue in the pre-June release.

Many thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cannot copy/paste elements from 2019 to 2020 without the element becoming an image

InDesign 2019 14.0.3 copy/paste issue into InDesign 2020 15.0.01 (and vice-versa).

Steps to reproduce:
    1. In a 2019 InD doc, copy a text box with text inside it.
    2. Open a new document in InD 2020.
    3. Paste the text box with text inside it into 2020 InD.
    4. The text becomes an image instead of live text. Though, no links show up in the links panel.
    5. This can be reproduced if copying from 2020 into 2019. But it does not happen if copying/pasting from a 2020 doc into a 2020 doc, 2019 doc into a 2019 doc.
    6.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 15.1 MacBook Pro Fan now running full time since updating to latest version.

Since installing 15.1 and the update the fan is now running full time. This was not the case in the previous builds of Indesign CC

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 64GB RAM

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. InDesign 15.1 : Workspace doesn't load. Document not launching from Finder.

When I double-click on an InDesign file to open it , InDesign opens, but the document doesn't launch. I have to open the document within InDesign. AND each time I open a document (if no other documents are open) all my palettes disappear, I have to reload my workspace -- even if I had been working in a different document, but had closed it. (Running OS 10.13.6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the latest update 15.1 - text and graphics of previous files display pixelated

I ran the latest 15.1 update to InDesign. I opened several existing file all with text and graphics (images and placed EPS files). In each file, either the text appears aliased and the graphics look ok, OR the graphics display pixelated and poo quality but the text renders correctly. Changing the "display performance" slider make no difference.

I opened a brand new document and typed in some text and imported a graphic and all displays correctly. But if i create a new file and copy and paste text and graphics from one of my previous files that does NOT display…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Text-fields behave strange after InDesign 2020 update

Since the release of InDesign 2020 there frequently appears a circumstantial bug, that is not reasonable in any way:

When i double click (edit) or just copy any text-box, suddenly the content is moving downwards (about 3pt), so that it disappears in overflow text and has to be realigned. It even happens when I copy and paste those Elements or duplicate the whole page, so one of the most fundamental functions became futile (image "Adobe-Indesign-Bug-duplicate.jpg")!

Additional the maximum height of the box, before the text disappears in overset, isn't depending on the contents height like in older versions, but is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fonts list incomplete

Scrolling down the fonts list looking for a particular type of font, the fonts list down arrow greys out once the list reaches 'M'.
    There are hundreds of fonts in my system font folder past this point...

Windows 10 X64
    16GB Ram
    Core I7 4770R
    in Design 15.0.2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Workspace Panels sending to back of main worksheet

Since today's update of Indesign, when I select a panel from the workspace , the panel is going behind my working document which is floating in the window.
    If I unfloat the window of the working document, all panels are visible, but the bottom horizontal scroll bar is not visible. Quite difficult to explain, but causing usability problems

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. idlk lock files cause SharePoint to stop syncing

I am experiencing exactly this issue (see link below).

I don't understand how you have ignored so many user requests and done nothing about this issue in nearly 7 years!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/disable-indesign-lock-files/td-p/4846126?page=1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Toolbar is unusable.

Please help. See image. No Tools are selectable for use.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. But nothing changed. I had to revert to CC 2019 to complete my work. My entire toolbar is unusable and not highlighted like its supposed to be. I'm in the middle of a deadline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base