Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recent files panel

the link to the files in the Home panel is broken or inoperative.
    If I close a job under Ind (cc2018- 13.0.1), it is not possible to return to it, even immediately afterwards. I didn't move the file from his folder, but Ind can't find it.

I tried to put "0" in the number of files in the preferences, then to quit Ind, then to reopen Ind, to put "1" file in preference and to reopen this same file by the browser, without success.
    The pop-up indicates the file moved or locked, which is not the case.
    Can "recent files"…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. XML tagging with GREP

GREP is a great tool, but when we use GREP to highlight more than one character style in a paragraph there is an issue with the XML tagging tool.

Only the first GREP expression applies a character style that can be automatically tagged by character style. All further GREP expressions apply the character style but don't then go on to automatically tag by character style.

Currently we have to work around it with scripting, but it is a very strange bug to have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. QR-Code Generator

Opening the window «create QR-Code» makes thr function «copy / paste» inactiv. This is uselessly.
    Please fix this bug.
    Thx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Indesign CS6-CC 2018][BUG] Wrong objects in array after moving page item to layer using Javascript

When running a script to process page items stored in a custom array and after moving a page item to another layer, the array contents changes. Objects are removed and other objects which where not put in the array are suddenly located inside the array.

See also: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2438907

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. InDesign Shortcuts set to retro QuarkXPress Shortcuts not working after High Sierra update

Edit/Keyboard Shortcuts/Set to [Shortcuts for QuarkXPress 4.0]

InDesign CC shortcuts set to retro Quark shortcuts not working after updating to High Sierra 10.13.2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Story Editor not close during export

Impossible to close the story editor dialog when a backgroud task is active.
    Indesign returns an error like this: "Impossible to close indesign when a backgroud task is active"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Importing files - file sort is off

When importing a group of files InDesign used to sort them alphabetically so that when you place them they are in order. This is no longer the case...it seems to place the files in a random order. This is a task I do often and not having this feature adds A LOT of work to my workflow. Please fix this asap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. STACK ORDER BUG: Deleting page 1 and 2 causes object to change stack order on subsequent pages

Problem
    1. Discovery of text box missing from page 39 in printed Catalogue.

Review
    1. Immediately review INDD document to attempt to recreate error and report to client preliminary findings.
    a. The bug effects the stack ordering of objects on subsequent pages. In the Food & Beverage case, this missing text box from page 39 was in fact simply “underneath” the background yellow box.
    b. Error occurs when splitting out the cover pages to a separate document (to allow for a spine), whereby Page 1 and 2 and last 2 pages of document are deleted. Software bug appears to only…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Opening file in Adobe InDesign CC 2018 prevents same file from opening in InCopy CC 2018

InCopy CC 2018 users get kicked out of file if file is opened in InDesign CC 2018. InCopy CC 2018 cannot open files create in InDesign CC 2018. See attachment.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2018 Indesign CC Libraries panel turns black after expanding it out

After installing the newest version of Indesign on my Mac Pro I've noticed an issue with the CC Libraries panel turning black when I expand the panel outwards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved For the User  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. clicking when I don't want it it

Very jittery, hyperactive indesign. This is happening in Indesign and Illustrator for me.
    Even though I'm only clicking once, Indesign and illustrator will register 2 or 3+ clicks. This happens when I'm changing my point size, when I'm drawing anchor points, moving and image box, or alt-clicking to copy an item. The program will register numerous click even if I'm holding it down and ll get 5 text boxes when I was only trying to copy one.
    I am a windows user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. CC library window disappears from workspace

Every time I start indesign the CC libraries window disappears from my workspace. I add it again and overwrite my workspace, but it disappears again as soon as I quit. Using CC 2018 13.0 on Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG - Paste in Place not pasting correctly with double page spread

Latest version (2018) does not correctly locate objects when using the 'paste in place' function.

Open a double page spread document. Select item from left page spread and paste in place on another spread in same document - locates incorrectly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. EPS saving as AI or PDF bug then printing in InDesign

Hi When saving an EPS file to either AI or PDF downloaded from a stock site I have had issues with both the on screen preview and print from InDesign. When I save it as an EPS again it appears to regain the proper appearance both on screen and in print. Is there a transparency issue when converting an EPS to AI or PDF?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. cc library

InDesign 2018 as soon as its opened the CC Library panel pops up and starts flickering. If you try to do anything in ID it relocates the pointer to the library every few seconds. If you switch to a different program or browser other than ID it takes you back to ID within seconds to the library.

I've tried closing the panel but it just opens up again. I've restarted my machine a few times. Its always the same. It makes it pretty much unusable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Control bar disappears from view when switching applications in cc 2018

When I switch from an application back to InDesign cc 2018 the control bar/panel will sometimes disappear. The only way I can get it back is to change workspace to "Essentials" and then return it to my custom workspace. This did not happen with InDesign cc 2017.

My specs are as follows:
    OS 10.11.6 (15G1510)
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    4 GHz Intel Core i7
    8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base