Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

861 results found

1. InDesign display shift problems

1. Version: InD 17.3 x64, in Windows 10 Enterprise, Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10885M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz, 128GB RAM. I'm halfway wondering if having the system's display scaling set to 125% is disagreeing with the InD app....
    2. Steps causing issue: Make edits on a page with text frames and placed graphics.
    3. Expectation: Layout items render normally.
    4. Result: Sections of layout display shift by several pixels, creating broken display of layout. Uploading mild examples (part of top edge of graphic has shifted; section of edges of frames has shifted). Often lines of text are half cut off by the effect. Can happen…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. High resolutiom

DEAR ADOBE!
    I have a problem with Indesign that can not display images in high-resolution-mode.
    All pictures turn black and striped. The problem started after upgrading to Monteray 12.4
    I have already been in contact with your support via chat for two hours.
    It looked promising, but when they then restarted my computer via remote control,
    I lost contact with you and have not been able to give feedback since.
    I am VERY disappointed and want help with this as soon as possible with someone who speaks
    Swedish. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE / MARIA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I can not display images in high-resolution-mode

DEAR ADOBE!
    I have a problem with Indesign that can not display images in high-resolution-mode.
    All pictures turn black and striped. The problem started after upgrading to Monteray 12.4
    I have already been in contact with your support via chat for two hours.
    It looked promising, but when they then restarted my computer via remote control,
    I lost contact with you and have not been able to give feedback since.
    I am VERY disappointed and want help with this as soon as possible with someone who speaks
    Swedish. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE / MARIA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Opening a document now causes lag for about 30 seconds, where I have no control

1. Version of Adobe InDesign: 17.1
    2. Steps to reproduce the issues: a. Open document from the Mac Finder. (This lag happens whether I start with InDesign open or closed. b. I have zero control of anything while a progress indicator spins for about 30 seconds. c. A font error dialog pops up, and then I can finally control InDesign, starting by dismissing that dialog. Expected result: I expect instant control of InDesign, since my computer isn't that old and it's a pro model. Actual result: Slowness, lag - way too much, considering most of my documents are 8 pages long with…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. InDesign running very slow while using Google Drive on macOS Monterey

I am using InDesign CC 2022 (v17.3.0.61 Apple Silicon supported) with Google Drive for desktop (59.0.3.0 Apple Silicon supported) on a MacBook Air (M1, 2020) and macOS Monterey 12.4 (21F79).

Google Drive uses the File Provider API supported by macOS Monterey 12.3 and later, but when the CPU usage of the macOS fileproviderd process increases, InDesign runs very slowly. Even mouse clicks on objects, menus, panels, etc. take tens of seconds from input to acceptance.

When the Google Drive file sync completes or pause, InDesign returns to its original behavior a short time later as the load on the fileproviderd…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. BUG - Frame Fitting Option not saving Fitting:None

InDesign 16.4

When using frame fitting options > Fitting: is not retaining the option 'None' but defaulting back to 'Fill Frame Proportionally' when checking the frame fitting options.

Select a frame.

Choose Object > Fitting > Frame Fitting Options.

Select Auto-Fit> Fitting:None > Align From: Centre and then click OK:

Then Choose the same Object > Fitting > Frame Fitting Options. and the Fitting: has not saved 'None' but reverted back to 'Fill Frame Proportionally'.

I have to do this multiple times before it saves the correct Fitting:

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. InDesign responsiveness is very slow

All the adobe apps are working fine aside from InDesign. It keeps on crashing when I am working and when it is not, the response is so slow. Tried to re-install but did not really help at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Parent page issues Indesign 2022

Indesign 17.3
    Mac OS 12.4

Facing page document using 4 parent pages. All pages become left pages when converting to single pages. This has never happened in over 20 years of working in Indesign.

Solution?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Indesign can't search tagged folders

Indesign (17.1 Build) will wrongly show empty folders when I select a Finder tagged folder.

What can I do? I need this function. It's a big timesaver.

Greetings
    Wilm

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adobe InDesign opening files as read-only

I am using InDesign v 16.2.1 on a MacBook Pro (Intel) running Big Sur (11.3.1) and connected to a file server on the network via the SMB protocol. Also I have Sophos Endpoint Protection installed. When attempting to open a file on the file server, InDesign opens it in read-only mode. If I attempt to do the same with Sophos turned off, the file opens read-write. It appears that other InDesign/Sophos/Mac customers have experienced the same issue:

https://community.sophos.com/intercept-x-endpoint/big-sur-eap/f/discussions/126631/big-sur-11-2-3---intercept-x-10-0-4---adobe-indesign-opening-files-as-read-only

I am formally requesting a resolution to this issue, as it seems this is a common problem for people working on network-attached…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auto-fit label confusing

The "Auto-fit" option to keep an image's fitting method and cropping position active (as far as possible) while scaling the frame, can be confusing.

Since the implementation of it, many users are not aware of what it does, because they assume it DOES something (make it fit automatically, right now) in stead of that it will RETAIN its current crop and fit. Especially in Dutch, where it is translated as "Make it fit", which is even more misleading.

So when explaining what it actually does to many users (as a trainer, presenter) they always sigh...

Please use a more clarifying…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Black horizontal lines appear on screen when scrolling

When I expand the Indesign window to fill 90% of my 27" screen, I get numerous black horizontal lines appearing when scrolling. Other editing functions typical when handling type on a layout also produce random broken lines. If I click a page forward or back arrow, the lines disappear. I was first using v16.2 and just upgraded to 16.3.2 today with same results. Just discovered I have to reduce the widow size to about 75% of my screen size for the lines to not appear at all. Never had this happen on previous versions and need almost full screen width…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Workspace disappear when opening some files

I am currently on the latest version of ID (17.1) on a PC. I noticed that on a number of occasions, when double clicking an ID file (while ID is initially closed) it launches to a screen without any panels. Only the top menu is available. Checking the Workspaces options, it shows that non of the workspaces is chosen. Only when selecting any workspace that panels appear.
    Not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing a particular setting that would have it default to a particular workspace.
    Any assistance will be very much appreciated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Arabic Support Was Suddenly Removed

My default install language is English with Arabic support. InDesign was working normally until I changed a preference setting (disabled Hindi Digits) in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. It was the only change I recently made to any Adobe-related app. I had to reinstall the app to fix the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "O" button popup is blocking use of small text box anchorpoint.

This problem happens when attempting to resize small rectangle text boxes (smaller than .9") with the bottom/center anchorpoint. When clicking directly on the anchorpoint, instead of being able to drag it up or down to resize, a small pop-up box appears by the "O" symbol that has a check box for "All Small Caps." this disallows me to resize. I'm not clicking the "O." I'm clicking directly on the bottom/center anchorpoint.

This problem affects my workflow every time I use Indesign. I have to instead use the top anchorpoint and reposition. Please reconfigure where the "O" button appears on a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export and Package dialog window not working when menu items are colored

Export and Package dialog window not working when menu items are colored.
    If you customize the Export or Package menu item by making it a color under Edit-> Menus... , the dialogs that open contain drop-down menus that are not editable. You can't pick the PDF preset or the format for the packaged document. This can be replicated across different MacOS operation systems and hardware configurations. If you remove the color from the menu items the functionality returns.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. InDesign 2022 (17.1) quick keys not working

I recently updated to 2022 and now the cmd, option, shift keys no longer work for moving/dragging/resizing with constraints, etc. This is pretty major functionality.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Memory issues

I began putting the current prerelease build (release candidate for InDesign 2022) through its paces on Monday. For the first time in the almost full year since I have been using this M1 MacBook Pro, the fan came roaring on, and all memory was depleted. When I started force quitting applications and consulted Activity Monitor, InDesign showed stratospheric memory use.

This doesn't happen all the time, but it seemed to degrade performance over time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. April 2022 update opens in unusable display mode. CRITICAL

InDesign 2022 (April) opens in "restore" screensize, but it's entirely off screen (top left). There is no way to adjust the "restore" screen size and position.
    This "restore" problem has been present for many years, but now InDesign not only forgets the restore position and size, it uses uninitialized values and is impossible to use.
    The "maximize" size icon is just visible on my UHD display (top left) so I can make InDesign go full screen -- but on a 50" UHD display I need an ADJUSTABLE app size. So now this latest result makes the whole program very inconvenient…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base