Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. indesign cc 2018 erratic display behaviour

Issues with linked images and vector shapes just going invisible and unselectable even though they are still in the links panel.

This bug makes it difficult to work, and leads to adding a huge number of linked images since I think they are not on the page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Temp InDesign 2018 file

Temp InDesign 2018 file does not go away after closing ID file and trying to delete it, the Finder generates an error" -80" (?). By the way, what is the reason for such file to be visible at all? Why does the user even care to behold that file at all?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe Templates - Title Blocks won't allow editing in Modern Media Kit Layout

Modern Media Kit Layout
    Chic Media Kit Layout

I would like to use these Adobe templates, but the top title blocks will not allow editing. All of the other text box elements on the page react when you click on them, allowing you the opportunity to edit them. I can't seem to edit "YOUR TITLE HERE" or "MEDIA KIT 2017"

Am I missing something about how to properly edit the title blocks on those templates? I can't even click on it... no option to capture/click/highlight the "YOUR TITLE HERE" section.

Guidance is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Green overlay left behind by inDesign

InDesign 12.1.0.56
    macOS 10.13 High Sierra
    Problem on screen but not on a screenshot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CC2017

When I command+W and try to scroll up and down with the arrow keyes it takes forever and its inconstant. Basically its not working at all.
    I just bought the new MacBook Pro 2017 with macOS Sierra 10.12.5.

I restarted laptop and it continued to make the same.
    In my other Macbook air, it works just as fine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. pipette does not work in cells of tables

pipette does not work in cells of tables

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copying from Illustrator pastes with strange colors

I used to be able to do this with no problem: copy a vector from Illustrator into InDesign and it look the same. Now, when I paste a logo, say, a teal and yellow one, into InDesign, the teal turns red! I have color swatches created in the Illustrator file, but even when I haven't done that, I've never seen this happen before. I now have to import many vector images instead, which is a huge inconvenience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Surface Pro 4 And Gestures

I have a new Surface Pro 4. When using Adobe applications, gestures on the touch pad (for example pinching or scrolling) either don't work or are really bugy with little control. I was told by Adobe that this is due to the detachable keyboard on the Surface Pro.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Optical Kerning Indesign Plugin (missing)

CC 2019. Mac OSX 10.14.6

We have encountered a file corruption whereby we are now unable to open an indesign doc. We get the error message as shown in the screen shot however nobody in our office has this plugin. The operator who created the file cannot even open the file - we are lost as to what has happened to this file as nobody in the team has any additional plugins. We are running the latest version of CC.

Has anybody else come across this issue as we cannot even search online for such a plugin - does it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ellipses not found by Find/Replace

Version of Adobe InDesign
    14.0.2 x64

Steps to reproduce the issues
    1. Placed a Word document. Reformatted etc - lots of work done.
    2. Tried to Find/Replace all ellipses to ensure they have a Thin Space before and after. InDesign Find/Replace finds no ellipses (but I am looking at them, having already replaced three periods with ellipses throughout the document).
    3. Tested in a new document - problem does not occur there. But it does if I paste the text from the previous document in.
    4. Tried exporting to IDML and re-opening to remove any corruption. This made no difference. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. InDesign 14.0.2 constant spinning beachball - especially on text related commands

Working in InDesign 14.0.2 on High Sierra, (single computer home network) the programme is exceptionally slow - taking about 10 seconds (of beachballing) to select a line of copy. Clicking between objects takes 5-10 seconds also. This is happening on my Mac Book Pro and iMac, both running High Sierra - all other programmes are working normally. I have tried trashing my preferences and uninstalling etc, but nothing has improved the lagging issue. I have had to revert to the 2018 version to get my work done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Workspace panels not reappearing when exiting and reentering application

I've noticed lately that my workspace panels are sporadically disappearing when I have a document open and I click out of the document on macOS Mojave and reenter the document shortly after. If I click 'tab', the workspace doesn't reappear. The only way to make it come back is to go to Window/Workspace/Reset [Name for workspace]. Application frame is disabled.

Currently on macOS 10.14.6
    InDesign CC 2019 14.0.2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. tabulator

When I have a text on a path and I want to set a tabulator it is not possible to insert the number for the position correctly. There is only one cypher you can insert, die second one will not work. On top, there is the behaviour, sometimes when you insert the number, it will insert the text into the text on the path.

Fakt is, ist is not possible to work with that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can't scroll Pages Window when Export dialogue box is up

Can't scroll Pages Window when Export dialogue box is up

When exporting certain pages from a large document it was handy being able to scroll through the pages window while the export dialogue was open. This was possible on pre CC indesign copies.
    Issue apparent using OSX Mojave 10.14.5 and Indesign CC 14.0.2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Resized vectors not displaying properly in high quality display mode on drag

14.0.2 x64 on Windows 10

Steps:
    1. High Quality display mode (default settings)
    2. Place any EPS vector file.
    3. Attempt to resize it while holding ctrl-shift to maintain ratios.

Expected result:
    The vector file, resized.

Actual result:
    Grey box. I have to zoom in or out to get the screen to "refresh" and show the correct image.

Similar issue happens with placed AI file. Very simple, clearly. Just a triangle. Made in the latest version of Illustrator.

The Youtube button is an EPS.

Related: If I use the option "Greek Vector Graphics on Drag" it performs correctly, only now…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ID can't import multiple PDF (with multiple pages) into frames placed in master

InDesign 14.0.2 french
    Windows 10 x64 Pro 1903 - 18362.239

I need to import 148 PDF with 5 pages into each files.
    I prepare 5 frames into the A-master.
    CTRL+D from the 1st page to select my files.
    For the demo, I use 3 files.

Only the second PDF is imported.
    All other PDF are visible in Links panel, but with no pages imported.

If I do an the same import without frames on the A-master, I am able to place 5 pages per ID page. But it's longer, without the same scale, etc.

Please check my video attached.
    I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have Adobe InDesign 14.0.2 x64, and my book chapters keep showing a spinning wheel when i try to make any change

I have Adobe InDesign 14.0.2 x64, and my book chapters keep showing a spinning wheel when i try to make any change. Say I need to add one letter, after doing so the ball has to spin 10 times until i can do anything else. This is extremely time consuming and is wasting my time when I have to wait 2 minutes after any tiny change before I can make another. I have seen others posting issues about this over a year ago. All fixes people have suggested do nothing for me. Please help.
    In reading that it could be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Relink to folder and filenames with accents doesn't work

Relink to folder doesn't work for filenames with accents, it just doesn't find such files, but relinking every single file separately (very annoying) works.

Adobe InDesign 14.0.2. x64, Win 10 Pro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Control panels can't be scaled

A couple of days ago I switched from InDesign CS 6 to InDesign CC 2019. I wanted to arrange my working area in the way I had before, but couldn't because the control panels could not be scaled as narrow as before. Because of this I can't fit all needed control panels on my second monitor.

I have contacted support but they could not offer any solution to my problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. InDesign doesn't display files or any kind of Interface I can work with.

InDesign doesn't display the files I want to work on.
    InDesign Version I use is 14.0.2
    Steps to reproduce:
    Open InDesign by clicking on the app icon or double click an InDesign file, none works.
    Expected result: To see the file I want to open and be able to work on it.
    Actual result: InDesign window seems hidden and doesn't display my file which means I can't edit it.
    I tried to clear preferences & cache but there's no InDesign file in the cache folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base