Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

256 results found

1. Online Publishing not taking all images

Using both InDesign 19 and 18.5, publishing online no longer functions on a Mac running Sonoma 14.1. This issue started days ago. I’ve Packaged projects, saved them locally, and confirmed all images are linked but when I publish them, some images do not tranfer. And it’s random. If I publish over and over again, an image that didnt appear before may make it through. This is a terrible bug for me personally as I rely on digital publishing and sharing interactive presentations for my business.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Publish Online Broken Objects

Publish Online Suddenly not displaying images correctly since 6th November 2023

Hi there,
    Yesterday I tried to update an InDesign document which I'd published online.
    I had to add some stuff to the document which I then published online with the changes (new publish, not over written) and it seemed to break some of the embedded images. I thought it must be the changes however I did test the back up I had which was an identical document and when publishing it online again some of the images or all of them are broken. Without making any changes in InDesign,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. in design 2024: Master pager transparency incorrectly exported on publish online

I have a same master page (G), applied to several pages. When I publish online, some of them are ok, and others are not working on transparency texts.
    (Although on The EPub preview I can see them all ok)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hide spread does not work with publish online

InDesign v 19.0 - Publish Online
    I welcomed the fairly new 'Hide Spread' option, which is long overdue. But unless this is a bug, I am astonished that the hide spread feature does not work when you use the Adobe Publish Online option!?
    I think the initial message said the hidden pages will be excluded when exporting (to PDF I presume), but I assumed it would also work when using the Publish Online option!
    But my experience publishing online just now shows me the hidden pages are always included. I changed paste board set-up to 'Digital Publishing' in case that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Disable the download video link in Publish Online

When viewing video on Publish Online, there's an option to download the video. It would be nice to be able to turn that off when uploading in the same way that the sharing can be turned off.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Exporting INDB to ePUB causing random pages to rasterize

When exporting from InDesign to ePub my book exports great however two random pages from Chapter 1 are also rasterized at the end of Chapter 1. I have no settings that should cause this. Please help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Publish online - URL/Hyperlinks sometimes don't work

Hyperlinks sometimes don't work on publish online.

I have a document with around 14 pages, with several hyper links. Some of these work and are clickable others don't.

I have tried them as empty frames with hyperlinks, objects/images with hyperlinks and convert into button with hyperlink - none of these work on certain pages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Publish Online search text

When I publish a document online from Indesign by activating text search, the related drop-down menu that contains this command at the bottom right of the web page, does not open correctly on iPads, both using Safari and Chrome, while on Android tablets everything works correctly. I kindly ask you to fix this bug, thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Publish Online search text

When I publish a document online from Indesign by activating text search, the related drop-down menu that contains this command at the bottom right of the web page, does not open correctly on iPads, both using Safari and Chrome, while on Android tablets everything works correctly. I kindly ask you to fix this bug, thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CUSTOM URLS FOR ADOBE PUBLISH ONLINE BROCHURES

<> Custom URL, so it looks more professional to clients rather than it saying "Ind.Adobe" with loads of numbers following it.

<> While on the subject of the URL, it would be fantastic if we could customise the cover photo/thumbnail rather than it showing the adobe logo, I'd like to show my brands logo. It would be a great feature for when we send the link in WhatsApp

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. analytics

I've integrated a Google Analytics tag to my InDesign Publish Online document following the steps detailed in the recent announcement / setup guide.

My analytics tag successfully identifies views when I load the document on the indd.adobe.com site, but it does not capture activity when I embed the InDesign viewer on a third-party website.

By using "Inspect" in Chrome, I can see that the INDD embed includes code that references the correct Google Tag on third-party sites, but Analytics isn't registering the view – even after I click "Accept" in the cookie banner, and after I allow third-party cookies in my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Numbering restarts from 1 after an unnumbered style in exported html

1. InDesign 18.1 (since 17.2.1)
    2. Create a numbered list paragraph, insert a line of a different paragraph style not containing numbers, continue the numbered list on the next line, the number continues from the previous list. Export this file to an html file.
    3. Expect the number to follow what we see in the InDesign file
    4. The number restarts from 1 after the inserted line of a different paragraph style
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Issues with epub quality on the new 2023 update

I'm a book publisher. I downloaded the latest InDesign update last week. I created the files and saved them like in the previous software. However, the vendors are all rejecting the epub files stating they're not validating in their epub software. I had to go redownload the prior version of InDesign, and it works like a charm. The glitch seems to be in the new version of the InDesign software.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Indesign Online Dashboard improvements - Custom URL, Google analytics, Fname direct to send clients

Indesign is hands down the best software to design & create digital brochures with its advanced technology & features its impeccable. HOWEVER talking about the Online Dashboard System its not leading the industry.

I've done my research and a lot of the online digital brochure creator websites are ahead.

I will list below a few new ideas/features I'd love to see Adobe implement to put them back in the lead when it comes to the publishing feature.
    (Some of these ideas are already being done by the online companies)

<> Custom URL, so it looks more professional to clients rather…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Autoplay Embedded Videos Glitching

I embedded a number of youtube videos into my indesign file and published online. They are all on different pages and are set to autoplay. They also have "start" and "end" times on them. Everything is working perfectly, except that when I go to view the published document online, the videos randomly start to play when I'm not viewing the pages they are on. I can hear them and not see them, unless I find the page the video is playing from. I've tested this in Chrome and Safari and am running into the issue on both. I would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. export to EPUB Fixed Layout drawing shapes incorrectly and font spacing is all wrong

I have a children's picture book that I am trying to turn into an ebook to go with the printed version. If I follow the menu path: File -> Export and choose EPUB (Fixed Layout), the entire book has the following issues:
    1) Shapes are all square - ignoring corner or being a circle or a freeform shape
    2) Fonts are set to some generic fonts and the spacing between lines and characters is all random and wrong.

See three attached files to see how the pages are displayed with Indesign (source Indd file), and within the Kindle and Epudor…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. InDesign publish online broken links and missing objects

Have major problem with publish online, missing objects and links with question marks showing. This comes after 8 months working on this document with no issues at all. Really need this sorting by Adobe as I have to deliver project at end of this month latest.
    Here's how it appears
    https://indd.adobe.com/view/b91790d7-6683-449b-b86c-0b72ed80a746
    If you look at attached image, that's how it appears within InDesign

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Publish Online Analytics slow or failing

Many of us have raised the publish online dashboard analytics slow loading and/or complete failure to work and it still seems to ne ignored.

We have noticed across our design team that analytics seems to work differently across different accounts. Accounts with less documents published online have greater success and speed in returning analytics. Those with over a 100 documents for example have limited success.

We think this maybe due to that when you request the analytics for a 'single' document Adobe systems are not just loading that 'single' document. They are processing the whole account and all documents within.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base