Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

256 results found

1. Publish Online feature has issues when viewed in iOS 13

We are using the "Publish Online" feature inside Adobe Indesign to make some of our content available on our website. We've recently received reports from users with Apple iOS 13 mobile devices that the content is not displaying properly on those types of mobile phones. When the content first opens, if you double tap the page zooms in ok and double tapping again zooms out ok. However, if you try to pinch/zoom, the page blows up very large such that you can only see a couple words and you cannot pinch to get back out. Sometimes double-tapping again takes it…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. shared destination hyperlinks do not get inserted into exported epub 3 (InDesign CC 2020 v15.0)

I have a document with many shared destination hyperlinks. When I go to export this document out to an epub 3 file, non of the shared destination hyperlinks are inserted into the epub file. This is a huge problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  amaarora responded

Hi,
    Can you please share a sample file with which the issue is reproducible at amaarora@adobe.com?

I tried with some custom files but was unable to see the issue (checked on Sigil epub viewer)

Thanks
    InDesign Team

3. epub 3 footnote hyperlink character style html is broken (InDesign CC 2020 v15.0)

epub 3 footnote hyperlink character style html is broken. When exporting to an epub 3 with footnotes that contain hyperlinks, the html output is acting strange. See the below for an example as it applies a separate span character style to each word or string.

<a href="https://naturalhealthcourses.com/2015/06/cellular-memory-and-how-it-works/"><span class="Hyperlink">https:</span><span class="Hyperlink">/</span><span class="Hyperlink">/naturalhealthcourses</span><span class="Hyperlink">.</span><span class="Hyperlink">com</span><span class="Hyperlink">/</span><span class="Hyperlink">2015</span><span class="Hyperlink">/</span><span class="Hyperlink">06</span><span class="Hyperlink">/</span><span class="Hyperlink">cellular</span><span class="Hyperlink">-</span><span class="Hyperlink">memory</span><span class="Hyperlink">-</span><span class="Hyperlink">and</span><span class="Hyperlink">-</span><span class="Hyperlink">how</span><span class="Hyperlink">-</span><span class="Hyperlink">it</span><span class="Hyperlink">-works/</span></a>

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Publish Online Error "An error occurred while uploading your document. Please try again."

For months I have been getting this error message. I have followed all the steps previously mentioned and it still wont fix the issue. Please see the attached image. The last time I was able to publish online was in June 2019.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Endnotes don't export to ePub

EPUB Export Endnotes with Hyperlinks

Version: InDesign CC 2019 – 14.0.3

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Use the endnote feature and in one of the endnotes (preferably after the first one), add a hyperlink.

2. Export the InDesign document to EPUB

Expected Result: All endnote references are hyperlinked and the numbers for each endnote are backlinked back to the reference.

Actual Result:
    Endnote number is missing for all endnotes after the hyperlink that was added to the endnote and no linking occurs after the manual hyperlink. Indesign crashes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Minion Pro Glyphs won't export to epub

Minion Pro glyphs won't export to epub despite license saying it's supposed to be supported. Other glyphs are working (wingdings 2 are showing in the pic). It does export to pdf, just not epub.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Text variables consistently break export to fixed epub, resulting in crash.

When there are multiple text variables (say in a running foot, or TOC) the export to fixed epub causes InDesign to crash. When the variables are resolved to actual text, the export works fine. I tried this in InDesign 14.0.2 and also in the Beta Build (14.0.3.407) with the same (crash) result.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. HTML export creates random "id" values for Object styles tags

When exporting html and I check include classes, InDesign generates "id" values for Object Styles.

This could be be useful if there was a way to define the "id" value, but there seems to be no way to do that. Nor is there a way to turn it off outside of unchecking export class

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Email Hyperlinks Not Responding in Published Online File

I have a document that contains some email hyperlinks throughout it. I set up the hyperlinks with the link to "email" option, and then the address as the destination. Creating a "mailto:xyz@xyz.com" link.

After publishing online, when the links are clicked on, it takes the page to a "could not connect" page and does not respond correctly. BUT all email links work completely fine when copied and pasted, right click and opened up in a new tab, when clicking directly from an exported PDF, when clicking from the downloaded PDF from the published online document, etc. It's only…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export to Fixed Layout EPUB - Poor Image Quality

I am currently working on a graphic novel project that I am planning on submitting to apple books as an epub file. The files were created in adobe illustrator and subsequently, linked into adobe indesign to create the final published product. I have noticed that the image quality when exported to epub is far inferior to when that same file is exported to a pdf file. That is regardless of the alterations that you make to PPI or other options (such as altering between PNG, JPG and other file formats) prior to exporting to epub. I have adjusted the PPI…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. animated gif

The animated gif in attachment does not animate in InDesign or when part of a published ebook. I used the Mac iBook to view it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. HTML Image Export — choosing 'Original' doesn't grey out the other export options

InDesign 14.0.2 Mac.

When exporting HTML, in the Image Export options panel (see screenshot attached) choosing 'Original' is supposed to make all the other options (quality/filetype/etc.) greyed-out/disabled, because they are no longer relevant.

Right now they're staying active, which is confusing. Per the InDesign documentation, they're supposed to be dimmed whenever ORIGINAL is selected as the image export method:

"ORIGINAL: Exports the original image to the “<document_name>-web-images” subfolder. When this option is selected, all other options are dimmed."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ePub incorrect color conversion of placed images

Mac running 10.14.4
    InDesign 14.0.2 working color space is sRGB
    Image placed has embedded profile of sRGB
    Native InDesign content created with color numbers matching those in image
    Exported to ePub

Result: RGB color numbers of native object correctly match those of original sRGB numbers BUT those of the placed image have changed. The numbers indicate they have been converted to the active display ICC profile!
    Happens whether object export options on image are set to JPEG or PNG.

I confirmed this by changing the monitor profile in System Preferences and relaunching InDesign. the exported image's color numbers changed to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Link to email replace%space%between%word%and%@%by%sign%

InDesign 14.0.2
    When clicking (in a PDF make with the exportation option in indesign) to a link that point in the creation of a new email (link created in Indesign), the @ is replace by %, ans all the spaces in the mail title are also replace by %

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mp4 not work at "Place from URL" Option

I have place mp4 files from "Place from URL" option in the document and its place nicely when I have prepared epub and publish online then doc display empty page after discussion with adobe they told me that mp4 not compatible, so i have to convert video in FLV extension then it will work, which is impossible for me. MP4 is most useful extension and Adobe need to solve this and make mp4 compatible for it.

Keep in Mind when we place from "Place from URL" Not direct placing of MP4 file, "Place form URL" Option.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Publish online doesn't work after update the 14.0.2x64 versio

After updated the 14.0.2 x 64 versio, the publish online doesn't work.

I was Sign out and Sign in my Adobe Creative Cloud account, but stiil don't work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copying animations loses timing panel settings

When copying/duplicating animations (using ANY method), the timing panel settings are completely lost. This is really bad for complicated animations. The timing panel settings should be maintained when animations are copied/pasted or duplicated in any way.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  amaarora responded

Thanks for reporting this issue. We’re currently reviewing it.

Adobe InDesign team

19. Powerpoint document links don't work in Adobe Publish

When I create a button that links to a Powerpoint document stored on my company OneDrive and publish via Adobe Publish online, the link brings up a black tab once clicked. The buttons work fine for any other document type, such as a PDF, but not with Powerpoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. url's not active when publish online feature used

indesign 14.0.1
    MacOS 10.14.4

I'm having a problem with the publish online feature. I have a 94 page directory that I published online back in January, which worked perfectly, all url's active and clickable. Today I have updated the print version of the job and created the new interactive version ready to publish online. However, when I 'Publish Online' from indesign and view the document, non of the url's appear to be active and clickable. I have tried creating a new document with just a single url for testing purposes and that doesn't work either. - the problem seems to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base