Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

368 results found

1. Problema ao atualizar arquivos do Illustrator / Problem updating files from Illustrator

Boa noite. Há dois dias que começou. Depois da última atualização. Quando já tenho uma imagem vetorizado no InDesign, vou reedita-la no Illustrator (por exemplo mudança de cor ou texto) quando atualizo no InDesign ela muda de posição e de tamanho entro da caixa, quebrando todos ajustes de layout.

Google Translator:
    Good night. Two days have begun. After the last update. You are not illustrated in InDesign, that is, in Illustrator (Korean) when you are not in InDesign and change position and size in the box, breaking all layout adjustments.

InDesign 2019 (14.0.1)
    Illutrator 2019 (23.0.2)
    MacOS High Sierre 10.13.6…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. variable barcodes not centered in frame and not always appearing in print files

Recently upgraded to InDesign CC 14.0.1 x64, HP SmartStream Designer 14.0.6, and Tech It Barcode Studio 15.11.1.23277.

Existing variable barcodes in InDesign documents are now not centered left to right in their frame.

Sometimes they are not appearing in the JLT print files created using SSD. They do appear in PDF print files created in SSD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. illustrator

When importing .ai files it doesn't load correctly and even when exporting to pdf if displays it pixelated.

This image is not just on typical view, but even on high quality or even exporting as pdf X-1a.

I'm on InDesign cc 2019

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. TIff

Can't place TIF or PNG files into InDesign. The internet tells me that I can, however I've been trying for hours and it only works when I convert to JPG.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cannot place EPS image in empty box

InDesign 14.0.1.209
    Mac OSX 10.14.3

Placing an EPS file generated from "Barcode" (by AppsForLife) does not work properly if the target box is empty. If box already contains a graphic, the file will place properly via "Place" or drag+drop.

On a new image box or box where the existing image has been deleted, the following occurs (via Place or drag+drop):

Image will seem to appear in the target box. Once mouse button is released, the imported image is no longer in the box and the pointer changes to a "placement selector" prompting to place the image in a new box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cannot place EPS image in empty box

InDesign 14.0.1.209
    Mac OSX 10.14.3
    sample file is attached

Placing an EPS file generated from "Barcode" (by AppsForLife) does not work properly if the target box is empty. If box already contains a graphic, the file will place properly via "Place" or drag+drop.

On a new image box or box where the existing image has been deleted, the following occurs (via Place or drag+drop):

Image will seem to appear in the target box. Once mouse button is released, the imported image is no longer in the box and the pointer changes to a "placement selector" prompting to place the image…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How to clear round corner options

Recently I have set-up a corner options to drag rectangles with a specific round corner. Now I want to drag regular rectangles, with no round corners anymore. But when drag new rectangles they all have round corners.

Note that I have already set the corner option to 0 in the Corner options panel (Object menu). But nothing changes.
    Can somebody help me ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Image Links

After an image is placed in a document (first selected as "Place" in Bridge") the image is then selected, using the label "Select" in Bridge. In the InDesign document the link will become brokenand needs to be relinked. If the marking of the image in Bridge is not done then the linking problem doesn't not occur.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Assets renamed in web view of CC Libraries don't retain name when imported into document

I've been creating some CC Libraries with quite a few logo assets and have found it easier to do the renaming of the files in web view because it lets me copy/paste a file name, whereas the CC Libraries panel does not.

I've just come across the issue that even though the names appear to have synced when I view the files in the Libraries panel, when I drag/drop or right-click > Place a file into my actual document, the name disappears from the asset in the Links panel. It defaults to whatever it was when i created the asset…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multi-state objects and animated elements not working on State 1

InDesign CC 2019 14.0:

I have a 4 state multi-state object. Each state has a full-screen image with a text title and description which animates in (Fly-in from top) for each state upon load. Left/Right buttons control the interactivity.

However, when I add an animation to the text title/description in State-1 it causes the full-screen image to not load and the test/description text doesn't appear either. (Tested in Indesign in the EPUB Interactivity Preview panel and on iPad/iBooks)

When testing it in the EPUB Interactivity Preview panel and I go to State-2 using the buttons and then return to State-1…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Object distribution disapeared from Advanced Settings

Even object distribution has been removed from the Advanced layout and can only be seen in Essentials or Essentials Classic. I updated InDesign 2019 on 02/02/2019 and this issue suddenly appeared.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Preserve Image Dimensions when Relinking and "Auto-fit" options do not seem to work.

I am using Indesign 14.0

When I relink files, Indesign changes the scale and placement of images automatically, regardless of whether the preserve image dimensions option in the file handling box is checked or unchecked, and whether the "auto-fit" button in the tool menu is checked or uncheked.

Preferences > File Handling > "Preserve Image Dimensions when Relinking"

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can't import RAW fiels anymore

Usually I drag and drop from Lr to Id and it works well. From jpeg, dng, tiff, psd, raw files (CR2 Canon). But today it is not working.

Actual result below:

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CC Libraries search slow to input typed letters

With the CC Libraries panel open, clicking inside the search area at the top and typing, often the second letter that is typed is not included.

For example, RIFT would end up being RFT. When highlighting the word and typing again, it is fine.

It seems intermittent and isn't a stuck keyboard key as it works perfectly typing in a text frame.

It could possibly be limited to one or two certain characters such as "i" and "f" as those ones that consistently fail to be entered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cannot "place" MathType eps file correctly into InDesign - InvalidFont error

InDesign CC 13.1

Steps to Reproduce

1.In a ID document, use File > Place
    2.Select the attached eps file, which is an eps file created by MathType
    3.Place the eps file

Expected Result: The eps to place the image correctly

Actual Result: Before the eps is placed, the error is seen: "InvalidFont error occurred creating the screen display for the imported EPS. The EPS will draw as a gray box. The actual EPS may not print and will not export as PDF. Do you still want to place this file? Yes/No?

Clicking Yes results in only a gray box.

Cannot

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. High Quality Display Not working

I have used INDD for about 15 years. Very experienced. but just upgraded it to CC2019 along with Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1. I can no longer see images in high quality (since the upgrades). I have triple checked everything. (image res, all INDD settings etc..) Is this a known issue?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. benjamin.schenk

Content-Aware Fit-Problem with INDD CC2019, 14.0.1
    I had images to link again after receiving a layout from a customer. In some cases, I had massive changes, different sections of images, with the new option activated. I'm not shure about the reason, but if I don't activate the automatic fit, the picture sections are correct in the same layout with the same images.

All the best
    Benjamin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. updating links

When updating links in InDesign CC 14.0 (an InDesign file linked to 4 instances) the update comes in too large for the frame. So you have to Fit Content Proportionally. This happens with PSD and AI files as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. updating links

When updating links (an InDesign file linked to 4 instances) the update comes in too large for the frame. So you have to Fit Content Proportionally. This happens with PSD and AI files as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. XMP file info dialog box (for linked images) no longer shows up

I clicked the flyout menu in the Links panel, and choose to display the XMP file info and the dialog box doesn't show up. It's like it is off screen somewhere, as all the menus are then grayed out. I can hit Escape a few times to get out of it. But sometimes InDesign totally locks up and I have to force quit.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base