2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4891 results found

1. Pdf-files export to Indesign

I am missing the following function in Indesign: You have, as an example, 100 pdf files, format A4, and you want to print them 2 on an A3 sheet, but in such a way that the pdfs number 1 to 50 are shown on the left in the file/paper, and on on the right the pdf's of nr 51-100. If you then cut the A3 in the middle, you have two piles with all the PDFs in order of number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Data merge

Recently I started using InDesign to make user manuals, but I wanted to make it easier to adapt it to the multiple products. I would like you to add an option where I can use multiple categorie variations on the same page underneath each other for the multiple languages that I need to include in the manual.

Thanks in advance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Paragraph Rules in Find/Change and a new Panel?

Please add Paragraph Rules to the Find Change dialog box. I often need to change rule thickness or color to paragraph rules that are not in a paragraph or character style. Manually changing each selection takes quite a bit of time and should be automated.

A floating/dockable paragraph rules panel would be helpful when having to change a file with multiple paragraph rules applied manually and not in a style. As it is now I have to select each instance and open the dialog box and change the rule settings.

Also, please show both rule above and below at the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Alt-text inside Links Panel

Can we have a column added to the Links Panel that lists the alt-text of the image so I can open/edit it from the links panel rather than finding it inside my document?

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Text and Hyperlinks - Tag a Hyperlink visually

The ability to see if a word is hyperlinked on a page with several hyperlinks visually, like you can with an anchor item. There is no way to see if a word is hyperlinked unless you open the Hyperlink panel and go thru the list of all the hyperlinked items on that page. Is there a way to create a visual cue like if the word was misspelled or something like that to quickly know what words are hyperlinked on a page. More of a visual cue to know quickly and also if you hover over the hyperlink, like an…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sync Workspace and Prefs across all devices

InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop all drive me insane between the laptop and desktop. The workspaces are never the same. Sometimes with an update the workspace I have saved disappears and I have to start all over again setting it up. Sometimes it transfers over. There needs to be an easy way to sync the setting for workspace and preferences across all devices and save a backup of it, so InDesign on laptop matches InDesign on desktop, even after an update. Same for Illustrator and Photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make EXPORT and print dialogues more correct

The “spreads” function when combined with bleeds or trims options should warn to the effect that “Printers rarely accept spreads are you sure?”

While we are at it, the standard pressready setting should include bleeds.

Sick of sending back files advising that spreads is not a "print ready" and explaining what bleed is and how include bleed on pdf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adobe's out-of-date "Check Spelling" system

For long documents, every copy-conscious designer uses InDesign's "Check Spelling" feature. I think we can all agree it can be improved; the functionality and interface have changed very little since InDesign's inception.

We need an "Ignore Capitalization" button/feature:

InDesign users spend most of their spell-check time clicking the "Skip" or "Ignore All" buttons: skipping capitalization issues (where there are forced line breaks or lead-in lines styled in all caps, making the uncapped offender a benign issue), skipping proper names, skipping the plural and possessive versions of words we've already confirmed as legitimate. Why aren't there buttons for "Ignore Capitalization" and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow to export pdf with comments for archival purposes

Once we are done with a project, we package all of our files and upload to our server. It would be nice to be able to export the reviewed documents as pdfs that include all of the comments made. Just for archival purposes in case we ever go back and wonder why certain changes were made.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Arc or Warp feature for conical label designs

Please include warp features in Indesign so that labels for conical and tapered shapes can be created easily on an arc. The ability to create a curved template via inputting the top and bottom circumference of a cone should also be included so that curves can be customised. If this is not possible then possibly a PDF warp feature of exported flat designs from indesign would be useful. At present 3rd party software or plugins that offer this functionality (similar to Studio by Esko) are very expensive.

Thanks, Justin

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 画像やテキストのリンクについて

画像やテキストのリンクで、仕様では絶対パスのみだが、
    設定で、相対パスも選べるようにして欲しい。
    WEBサイト制作時のように、
    同じような作品をいくつも作る際に、
    作品毎のフォルダ環境を同じ状態にしておけば、
    リンク更新せずに画像、テキストを自動的に
    拾ってくれるようになり、とても便利だと思う。
    今回サポートに質問させていただき、
    出来ないことに驚いている。
    あって当然の機能だと思います。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EPub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to hide fonts

One thing that I would love to see is a hide button that allows you to hide rarely used and/or system fonts from the main list. Having to scroll through a large list of often useless or irrelevant fonts, to find the ones that might work for your project tends to be frustrating and inefficient, especially in an application meant for text and document layout. Having an option to reduce the amount of visual clutter, would make for a better user experience and more effective workflows. The document is a quick mockup I made to show what it might look…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why a new .indd file format with each update?

There was a time ID didn't require a new file format with each yearly update. Although I realize some features may genuinely require a new .indd format, I'm not sure the changes to latest CC22 require one. This is the 4th or 5th consecutive change, which means I have to update all files I regularly use through the years (standards manuals and the like). I can still seamlessly open Photoshop and Illustrator files from 5-10 years ago without worrying about re-saving them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Character Limits, Comb Line Form Fields and Font Alignment for Form Fields

Hello,

I would like to suggest that character limits can be set for comb line form fields. Also I would like there to be a possibility of creating comb line form fields (without creating tables). In addition, there should be alignment of the text as an option in the form field (whether left, center or right). This would save so much time and effort so that once the document is exported as a tagged PDF, those features mentioned would also be set. Finally, there should be a way to tag layout tables so that it does not register as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include InCopy editorial notes in grouped/anchored objects in PDF comments

Currently if you add a note to an anchored or grouped object these do not appear as comments in exported PDFs from InCopy. This leads to artworkers possibly missing important change requests from InCopy users. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a technical limitation but it is not stated anywhere in the documentation for InCopy. User expectation is that all notes will be included as comments in exported PDFs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keep Comments on the Spread When Resolved

My reviewers love being able to see the conversation and comments all the other reviewers are making, saving them time by not making the same comment over and over. My proposal team thinks the interaction between InDesign and SFR is wonderful!! In our large documents, we have found as we start to make the edits, the comments disappear making it challenging for the document editor to find where they were. The comment totally disappears or it throws them to the end of the list in a pile of "unmapped comments." BUT it then totally moves the comment off the spread.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. InDesign real-time collaboration with Adobe Cloud Create

To have the possibility of (at least two users) working at the same time on the same project, like google doc but with a synch option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Font size menu bars

I would like to be able to increase the font size for menu bars, tools and mouse-over hints. It would be a great improvement in terms of accessibility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Uses of Quickbooks auto data recovery

Auto Data Recovery facilitates data recovery in two ways:

Use your current Transaction Log file and a duplicate of your Company file to recover lost transactions.
    All transactions should be rebuilt using a copy of both your transaction and business files, with the exception of the recent few hours.
    Read here:https://quickbookstoolhub.com/quickbooks-auto-data-recovery/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Horizontal column/row guides when creating a new document

Ability to create rows as well as columns as guides when creating a new document so that we can easily grid a page. Often I have to put items 4-up or 8-up and so forth and having the vertical columns is helpful but it would be even better to be able to have horizontal rows at the same time instead of having to measure them and drag guides down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base