2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4916 results found

1. Add New Stand-Alone Styles for Tracking Changes in Layout View

There are times when I need two lines of text to stay in a frame/page. I can do this manually, but I get overrides. I could accomplish this using paragraph styles, but globally it would impact other frame layouts; or result in many more paragraph styles (I already have over 40 for long documents). I could do it using character styles, which I do, but then I lose other necessary character styles like italics applied to a book title.

If we could have a separate Style for 'tracking', kerning, character spacing, character width, etc. it would. be so helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improve Performance when Using Multiple Paragraph Styles with GREP

I love the capability of using GREP in a paragraph style, but cannot use it much without penalty. If I used too many, the performance slows way down and crashes occur much more often. I have a high horsepower PC and a Macbook Pro with apple silicone, both with 32GB ram and both suffer from this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show Preflight error if there are objects on pasteboard

It would be really helpful to have a feature in Preflight profile settings to alert you if there are any items left on the pasteboard.

I often have to supply files for translation and any items left on the pasteboard may either incur extra translation charges or cause unnecessary confusion at back end. I know there is a script to remove pasteboard items, but I would prefer seeing that red dot as I often handle other people's files in which the objects may be in the oddest of places, such as far to the side and out of view even…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Defined dynamic Elements (images, videos & Text....) editable by Google Sheets, API or online Editor

I like to design in Indesign a document (businesscard, flyer u.a) and others can edit every released text, imagefields by themself with a free online Indesign Editor or with API, Google Sheet or Airtable Database.
    So if a new employee comes a other team without indesign can edit the business card or the campagne design with new images and textes. It should be possible to export Print-PDF and PNG/JPG for online campagnes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Protect approved text or pages. Properly lock text, objects or layers so that Ctrl Z doesn't undo the lock

Sometimes when I am doing multiple Ctrl-Zs on a page it flicks back to an article on a previous page and undoes that too. If that has been previously approved and Ctrl Z makes changes I miss, that's a problem, especially if I press another key by mistake before I can do re-do. It would be very useful to properly lock approved content so that Ctrl-Z doesn't affect it. A default option would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. InCopy - Indicator of the active text frame

When working with overlapping text frames, users can sometimes become confused about which frame they are editing. Is there a way to visually indicate the currently active text frame? For instance, highlighting it with a colored border could be helpful.

Alternatively, providing a simpler method to switch between different text frames would also be beneficial.

(following the discussion in the community:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/incopy-discussions/tips-for-easier-frame-selection-in-incopy/m-p/14496508)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lufthansa Airlines Amsterdam Office

Discover Lufthansa Airlines Amsterdam Office your gateway to seamless travel

experiences. Conveniently located, our dedicated team offers expert assistance with reservations, inquiries and more. Trust Lufthansa for exceptional service and reliability on your journey. Book your flights with confidence and explore the world with Lufthansa Airlines today.
    visit us : https://www.officesguides.com/lufthansa-airlines/lufthansa-airlines-amsterdam-office/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Functionality for Properties Panel - similar to Illustrator Properties Panel

I love the properties panel in InDesign. It's fantastic for beginners. I have them set up the interface to look a lot like PS and AI. I think it makes it easier to learn and feels more familiar if they have experience with the other apps. The properties panel in Illustrator has fantastic functionality. The panels are all there so you don't have to open the floating panels. The ... allows you to open the actual panel if you need more. I would like the InDesign Properties panel to work the same way. There are commands hidden in the paragraph…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multiple caption metadata items on one line

At the moment it appears I can create captions with more than one piece of metadata, such as copywright year and artist or Folder 0 and name. But each of these must be on its own line. There is no way to have all the data one one line unless I generate a static caption then use Find/Change.

We should be able to make captions with multiple metadata tags inline without requiring a linebreak.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Home button should not disappear

It's somewhat annoying for the home button to constantly disappear / reappear because I watch people (and myself) misclick on the File menu or maximize the program accidentally many times a day. Just leave it there all the time like in Photoshop (it's also incredibly annoying that this behavior is inconsistent across apps.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export INDD doc layers to Photoshop layers!

Export INDD doc layers to use /import into Photoshop layers!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. save pre-sets page sizes etc i.e. backup settings

save pre-set, prefs, page sizes swatches work spaces for backups. (like Little Snitch will save all rules).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Footnote starting feature

I have a suggestion
    I would like to see an option to restart footnote numbering. An option to number footnotes according to paragraph style would be good.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Convert OST files step by step to PST format

When it comes to managing and converting email data, the process to convert OST files step by step to PST format is essential for Outlook users needing to archive, transfer, or access their email data outside of its original environment. For this task, choosing the best tool is crucial. Interestingly, when considering tools for such conversions, it's beneficial to look at versatile software options, such as the best OST to NSF Conversion tool. These tools not only facilitate the direct conversion of OST files to PST format but also offer the capability to convert OST files to other formats like…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Accessibility: DESPERATELY need to input table summaries in Indesign. Before exporting to Acrobat

Accessibility: Long form print/digital/W3C-ADA designers need to be able to input table summaries in Indesign. I update an Accessibility Document 2-3/year. +325 Tables/25 pgs. This one project that is coupled with a 240 page digital catalog is the bain to my existence. Having to redo the Table Summary work every interation is TORTURE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More swatches in the program by default

Include more color swatches that are always in the program by default, so you don't have to download and then import swatches to get basic things like shades of grey... Just provide all the color options available in illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. set up camera

Install cheap, reputable surveillance cameras for households, stores, company offices, and factories in Ho Chi Minh City. Thoi Dai Telecommunications is a unit with more than 10 years of experience in the https://vienthongso.net/ field of providing security systems. Coming to our company, customers can be assured of product prices and quality.
    https://vienthongthoidai.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. how

TiDa Shop specializes in wholesale and retail of *, seductive, and * thongs. With many different designs, colors, materials, affordable prices, creating attractive shapes when worn. Collection of thongs with straps, slit bottoms, chains...https://shopdolotxinh.com/quan-lot-lot-khe-****/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create (H) Header and (P) Paragraph style on same line to produce a TOC and 508 Accessible document (Run-in Running variable))

Create (H) Header and (P) Paragraph style on same line that will pickup the styles when I produce the TOC and make the document accessible.

I understand this can be done in FrameMaker.

If a programmer can make it happen in FrameMaker, they should be able to make it work in InDesign.

Thank You, Linda

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Update / Upgrade the Numbering & Sections Dialogue Panel

The Numbering & Sections Dialogue Panel is long overdue for an upgrade. Page numbering defaults to however the first section is numbered --working with publications, the first section is often Roman numerals while the bulk of the book is Arabic numbering, which means changing the numbering style every time a new section is created.
    And the Section Marker field is much too small.
    It really would be good if the Section Markers and Text Variables were all combined into a single, flexible method for labeling publication sections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base