2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4916 results found

1. Ctrl + Backspace

In almost any Windows program (including InDesign) hitting Backspace while pressing Ctrl deletes the word to the left of the cursor., while hitting DEL while pressing Ctrl deletes the word to the right.

With InCopy on Windows, the word to the right is removed no matter if you use DEL or Backspace. This is very irritating and a bit pointless, since Backspace and DEL are just a few cm apart.

Also, I find myself wanting to delete the word to the left of the cursor much more frequently than the word to the right. For me this is a deal…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow for social media glyphs to behave as characters in hyphenation and linebreaks

With social media references in almost every document, InDesign seems to break social media handles awkwardly , notably with the @-sign and the #-sign. For example, a sentence that includes a Twitter handle will oftentimes break between the @ and the actual handle name:

blah blah blah blah blah lorem ipsum blah blah send us a tweet now! @
    adobeindesign is our name.

Same thing with hashtags.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create paragraph style from manual formatting and apply to all text with the same formatting

A common task is converting manual text formatting to a paragraph style. It would be great if there were a way to do this automatically.

For example, suppose I was given a LONG document in which Helvetica 12pt text is the body style, but no actual paragraph style exists for this—all the formatting is manual.

The current best way to solve this problem is to perform a Find/Change operation for all text formatted as Helvetica 12pt and replace it with my paragraph style for "body text." This works but is tedious, especially when there are many styles in the document,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve handling of font files by consolidating and normalising fonts internally

Font handling for multiple font file types is broken: if a given typeface represents weights using font files of different types, then different parts of InDesign will handle the font differently. Nowhere will it appear as one family with all weights below it. Because the presentation of the problem is significantly different between InDesign subsystems (paragraph style setting and setting font from the tool bar, for example) this might indicate refactoring is in order to ensure all subsystems handle fonts the same way.

See: https://plus.google.com/+BradMurray/posts/7e3o7Jq2hcH

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. monospaced fonts! the ability to make any font a monospaced font (especially for numbers so phone numbers line up on business cards)

monospaced fonts! the ability to make any font a monospaced font (especially for numbers so phone numbers line up on business cards)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fully support Metric units of measure for ALL Adobe applications!

ALL Adobe products should allow type sizes to be specified using Metric units of measure instead of Imperial units of measure. This would avoid errors from converting between two different units of measure.

This website (https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/metric-typo/) also recommends the use of a publishing 'metric point' equivalent to .25 mm because it corresponds to the dot pitch of many computer monitors.

There is also a unit of measure called the English Metric Unit that is equal to 914400, which would make it easier for your programmers to convert between Imperial and Metric units of measure. Please see http://polymathprogrammer.com/2009/10/22/english-metric-units-and-open-xml/.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. BUG: Option-Drag does not work between spreads

It is possible to copy objects using Alt+Drag command. It works if you work on a single page or single spread.
    Unfortunately it is not possible to Alt+Drag objects from one spread to another spread. This bug was introduced many years ago and it is still present in Adobe InDesign CC.
    Please make the Option-Drag of object consistent and let users copy objects from one spread to another one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 囲い文字を簡単に作成する機能

テキストに簡単に四角い囲みを作成できる機能が欲しい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to opt out of Typekit and CC Libraries

Typekit and CC Libraries are annoying and should be optional.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Curvilinear text tool on several lines

Instead of limitating the use of this tool to one line, you should be able to make a paragraph based on the shape you use the curvilinear tool on.

For instance, if i want to write on the edge of a wheel divided in different parts, so that the text follows the shape of the circle. Let's say that the name of the wheel's part is a three lines title, when i press enter, indesign would create another circle on wich the text would follow the curve. see atached picture

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When there is a color profile mismatch, allow me to save my color setting from the drop down menu.

When there is a color profile mismatch on opening a document in InDesign, allow me to save the document to my color setting from the drop down menu that appears prior to opening the page(s). I can only do it now by opening with the existing profile and then assigning it my color profile under - Edit - Assign Profile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Great new palettes

I like Adobe add great features to InDesign:
    1- Ligature Manager: to enable \disable specific ligature(s) in a document, since Unicode and opentype revolutionized the typography abilities.
    2- Kerning Manager: to enable \disable specific kerning pairs in a document, since many non-latin font metrics are badly calculated.
    3- Equation Editor: for maths, chemistry… etc.
    4- Footnote Improvement: to enable user to add marginal footnotes, put footnote in columns… etc.
    Very Much Thanks to Adobe Brains.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Lock on Table Rows

Allow locking rows in tables so that we can keep the top row in place on all pages, while being able to add/remove rows without the top row moving up/down the page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. updates only on modified pages of publications indesign

When I place one multi-page publication of an indentation in another (for example, I put pages of other publications in a catalog), it would be convenient if, on some pages, the pages where the changes were updated were updated, and not the entire document as it is now.

Sorry for my english - google translator
    ))))

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Paste in Place is the default Paste option

I think that it would be more useful if the default option for the paste command were Paste in Place. It is frustrating to me that when copy pasting objects, particularly from one page to the other, I have to go through an extra step to "paste special" when there is nothing special about it... Same thing with photoshop...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. List of fonts. Option to reinitialize alphabetical order

List of fonts. Please add option to reinitialize the list of fonts. Before beginning a new project, I do not want to have the ones that I used before ahead of the list. I would like to replace these in their alphabetical order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i am really annoyed that Indesign keeps breaking basic functionality when it makes an update. I have used paste without formatting for years

i am really annoyed that Indesign keeps breaking basic functionality when it makes an update. I have used paste without formatting for years without incidence and now it doesn't always work when I need it. I don't want any new functionality if it is going to break things like typing and pasting. Typing in new frames requires 2 clicks and requires a tweak to the settings to work right?! Many things that used to be one click are now many. That is not how this should work!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Library panel: Pop-up preview on focus

Thumbnails, even large thumbnails, in the Library panel are often not enough to know which object I’m looking at. I often have a lot of similar items in one library. How about a preview that appears when the mouse hovers over a library item? It would work like tool tips.

While I’m on the subject, how about letting us name items in the panel instead of requiring a dialogue? Most panel work this way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Return character leading.

Make the return at the end of a paragraph always match the leading of the rest of the paragraph before it. I find it very odd and annoying when a return character has greater leading than the rest of the paragraph. Somehow Quark Xpress never had this problem—and I'm still annoyed even though I haven't used Xpress for over 10 years. When setting type in any text-dominant publication it is essential to keep leading and spaces between paragraphs consistent. I set my preferences so that leading applies to entire paragraphs, but a return may still have a different leading and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base