2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4894 results found

1. Info on existing PDF place option to prevent worng option when replace PDF

Indesign as now, no info show PDF place option, we might use the worng option when replace, and the size might different from the original.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Place dialogue box: make "All Pages" to be default option instead of "Previewed Page"

It will be a very useful feature (it will save a lot of time) to allow the user to select the default option in the Place dialogue.
    This would be very useful when you have to import all the pages of a great number of files: one could make "All Pages" the default option so to skip all the dialogue boxes that show for each file.

For example:

You have 50 Illustrator (ai) files. Each file contains 2 canvases.

You could tell Indesign to keep the "all pages" option in the first tab of the "Import options" dialogue as the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Better Stroke Styles with Gap color

This is actually a crossover between objects and styles. When I do a custom striped stroke style with a gap color, the gap color peeks out behind the stroke. It appears both in InDesign and in the resulting PDF. That background color should not show.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Note field with published files

In our company we create several versions of our brochures made in InDesign, based on the type of client and job. The title for the various versions needs to be identical (Design Brief from XXX) so it's time consuming to identify the correct file for a specific client. If we were able to add notes for ourselves for each file that would be helpful. Ideally these notes would be visible for us on the Publish Online Dashboard, visible right there with each of the titles of the published files.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Large List view in the swatches panel

Large List view in the swatches panel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Link OS Work Documents

Currently only supports linking to Excel docs for Tables which also loses all table formatting and Header ID. This feature is in need of an update overall and inclusion of the Mac programs would be very helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please make the reflect tool work the same way as in illustrator!

It works completely opposite of Illustrator which makes it super confusing if you're switching between them (i.e. to do the same transformation, you have to use a horizontal reflection in indesign and a vertical one in illustrator.) A preview like in illustrator would be great too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Lyft background check?

It is an honor to be able to join the Lyft driver community, which sounds like one exciting environment. I am currently in the course of getting through the application steps. As I go through all the steps, I have thought about the thoroughness of Lyft with respect to what it looks for in a background check. While doing some research, I stumbled across this informative article (https://consumerattorneys.com/article/what-does-lyft-look-for-in-a-background-check), shedding light on the subject. I am very sure that your collective wisdom can provide more details.

Just for those of you who have firsthand experience in driving for Lyft…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More options when resizing a layout

If I need to resize a page/layout using Document Setup, ideally for me, all of the existing content would remain at the top of the page, so a new, taller page size would add more space at the bottom, or if I wish to shorten a page, empty white space would be removed from the bottom. InDesign 19.2 centers all content vertically on the new page size, which I can't imagine anyone would ever want, forcing the unnecessary step of moving everything back to the top of the new page. You could add a Photoshop-style grid icon to show where…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create (H) Header and (P) Paragraph style on same line to produce a TOC and 508 Accessible document (Run-in Running variable))

Create (H) Header and (P) Paragraph style on same line that will pickup the styles when I produce the TOC and make the document accessible.

I understand this can be done in FrameMaker.

If a programmer can make it happen in FrameMaker, they should be able to make it work in InDesign.

Thank You, Linda

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Opentype + Glyphs UI Menu Preview

The UI for Opentype is extremely difficult and time consuming to use. The entire thing needs to be set up like Illustrator, with one addition: PREVIEW TYPOGRAPHIC FEATURES (especially the stylistic sets).

This UI feature should behave just like the Fonts Menu: When you open the font family menu with text highlighted, each font you hover over previews on your selected text.

This needs to be replicated for Opentype and Glyphs. So once you open the dropdown for stylist sets or glyphs, each style you hover over, will preview in real time on your selected text or in a pop…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Possibility to control Superscript/Subscript, i.e., 40% if >XX font size, 65% if<XX font size

In "Advanced Type" (in settings) I can control Superscript, subscript and Small Caps. Many fonts has got a gigantic and ugly ® (registered trademark) and needs to be shrunk. Sadly, that shrinks the ® in normal body copy too much. It would be great if I could have options in Advanced Type to control it more.
    E.g., 40% size and 65% baseline if bigger than 36 pt font size, and some other setting for anything smaller than that size.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Larger thumbnails in the Page Pallet

I would like to see the thumbnails in the InDesign Page Pallet larger so that components of the page are easily recognizable. Currently the Jumbo thumbnail size is not sufficient. Perhaps a slider feature similar to 'View Options' in Apple Finder?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mark layers as visible in the exported PDF but non-printing from within InDesign export settings

PDFs have the ability to mark layers as non-printing, so that they appear visible on the screen but don't print to hard copy. I'm using this capability to add a light raster background to all pages of a workbook for students, which adds a bit of warm color to the on-screen viewing experience, but I don't want this background to use up all their toner if they decide to print the pages. Similarly, the entire workbook has page numbers, but the worksheets should print without the page numbers, because they're not relevant outside the context of the book.

I found…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Right Click on object -> Move/Copy it to any Layer

Sometimes when you want to move or copy an object from one layer to another, it can become a bit cumbersome if you're working with a lot of layers and those layers themselves have a lot of files.

So my suggestion is to add a menu shortcut when you right click on any object to move that object to any available layer.

See crude example below.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Quick Key for increaseing space between paragraphs.

A quick key for increasing space between paragraphs would make it quicker to explore and establish paragraph styles. It would be great if there were quick keys to adjust the spacing around the first and last line too, but the space between paragraphs seems more important, personally speaking.

How about Command + Option + Shift + up/down Arrow Keys so it's similar to the quick key to increase/decrease leading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a shortcut after a program update

When InDesign (or any other Adobe app is updated), I have to find the old shortcuts, delete them, hunt for the new program version and manually create a new shortcut and pin it to the taskbar. Is there a way to automate this or make it easier? Can it be done in CC?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Zoom when clicking on errors in the Preflight window

One thing has been bothering me for a long time in Indesign. I am working on a document and activate my print control in the Preflight window, if I then find errors, e.g. under "Text", I simply click on the underlined number of the page on the right and am then taken to where the error is. Unfortunately, it is always set to my 1:1 zoom, so if I want to investigate the error more closely, I have to zoom in manually or with my zoom-shortcut. If I click on the page again at the next error, I end up…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Control When to Update Graphic Links

This is sort of already here, but my suggestion is more specific: Currently, graphic links are updated when a document opens. When a link is changed, it automatically updates with a document – but only the first time. After that, we need to click update in the links panel, which is a little onerous when I'm updating links often. It would save a lot of clicks if we could specify in the preferences to ALWAYS update links without asking (or not). So, it would be great to have two settings:
    • update links automatically, always, without asking
    • update links…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Eyedropper function to swatch options

Add eyedropper functionality to Swatch Options so that I can quickly sample a colour from anywhere on my screen to change an existing colour (similar to photoshop colour picker).

I am in the process of updating a calendar which has numerous elements coloured by month name on each page - the client has given me an image of 12 swatches to change each month colour and an eyedropper would make this much easier...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base