1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4915 results found

1. More control over file name when exporting multiple files (such as PNGs for an animation)

When exporting images from pages on an inDesign document it names them like this

document
    document2
    document3
    document9
    document10

When you import these same images into Photoshop to make a stack or to start an animation the layers don't appear in the right order because photoshop obviously doesn't understand that the file without a number is the first one, and that document 10 shouldn't follow document1, so they have to be reordered manually. Could you not add a tool so we can ask or files to be called file001, file 002, ... it would save a lot of time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. objects selected upon unhide just like illustrator

In Illustrator and InDesign I am able to hide objects in the doc. In Illustrator when I "unhide" all of those objects they show up and are then selected. In InDesign when I "unhide" they merely show up, but are not selected. I don't know if I'm unique in the way I use this feature, but it is very handy to "hide" everything I want to select and then "unhide" to then have the selection. It is useful because with objects that overlap, it can be very cumbersome to find a way to select a bunch of things

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Different line lengths with paragraph shading

Paragraph shading is great but even if you choose to set it to text instead of column, the length of each line is the same for all lines of the paragraph (the longest one). It would be great to have the ability to set it according to the length of each line. For now, you have to use paragraph rules wit a hard return at the end of each line.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Import mobile app Illustrator file directly into InDesign without needing to download or export first

I'd like to be able to place Illustrator mobile app files directly into InDesign, as opposed to exporting them or downloading them first.

I often place desktop Illustrator files into InDesign, therefore any changes I make in the Illustrator file I can update from the Links panel in InDesign ('update link'). However, I don't have this option with mobile app Illustrator files.

I understand I can download the files from my Adobe account, or export the files into jpeg/png etc. But I don't want this for two reasons:
    1- It's an extra step in my workflow
    2- I can't make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I wish Cross References could be used as "callout" text.

I would like to be able to use a sentence inside a paragraph as a callout para so if the sentence is changed inside the paragraph the callout will change. You can do this only if you use the first sentence in the paragraph as the cross reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. [Japanese]圏点の字数制限を外せないでしょうか。

現状では同時に文字の両側にルビをふることができませんが、右側にルビ、左側に圏点、同時に付けることはできます。しかし「圏点」はその性質上「一文字」しか許容されていません。考えられる対処は3つあります。①圏点の字数制限を外す。②圏点の機能をルビの機能に置き換える。③圏点の機能を「圏点+ルビ(スーパーセット)」にする。もちろん③が望ましいですが、ニーズは極めて限定的と思われますので、①が妥当ではないかと考えます。UIもそのままで、複数文字を入れるとそのまま本文のセンター合わせで表示する。バグのようにも見え仕様のようにも見える、昔良く使った「裏技」を可能にするということです。ご検討ください。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Center applied style in style panels

When I click on a paragraph or character with the text tool, InDesign’s style panel automatically jumps to and highlights the paragraph or character style, which is applied to the paragraph or character.
    (From now on please read the word »style« as »paragraph or character style«.)

But sadly the applied style is always shown as the very last item or the very first in the visible list of style panel. There are styles above and styles below this style in the whole list. (See »Standard-behaviour.png«.)

It’s easy to access the items above (respectively below): I simply can click on them.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to have the brush tool and pen tool act the same in indesign as it does for illsutrator.

So I wouldn't have to go between the two to make the illustration for a page or article. As of right now the pen tool and brush tool in indesign do not have the fluidity and functionality that they could. Why can't I see the line I am forming using the indesign pen tool? I think the brush tool and pen tool in indesign are far less functional than they are in photoshop even (the brush tool), but especially illustrator and its pen tool outdoing its indesign counterpart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Watermark-option when pdf-export (interactive) from InDesign

When you export a pdf-file from InDesign (as an interactive pdf), there should be an option for watermarks.
    With this option you could save time because you don’t have to use Acrobat afterwards or create a new layer in InDesign.

In Acrobat this option is already available, but with more opportunities (you don't need so many). It would be enough to have the following possibilities:
    - „text of your choice“
    - text scale
    - text opacity
    - text angle (0°, 45°, 90°)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Two requests

I need my drop shadows to stay in place as intended when I rotate my images. I have to keep adjusting the position of shadows every time. Also, underlines are deleted when converting text to outlines. This is a major issue. I've had many jobs having to add jobs manually when converting to outlines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. large documents take forever to send or update

large documents take forever to send or update. Allow optimized or smaller files to review

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add pages to cc library

my team works on multiple sales decks that use a lot of the same pages. It would be amazing to be able to pull a full page into the cc library so the team would easily be able to compile a new deck from pulling new pages out of a single library

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Import Text Variables using .csv

Currently the only way I can see to import a list of text variables is via another .indd. It's tedious to manage a ~10,000 text variables (prices in a catalogue) within the text variable window in InDesign. It would be great to manage these variables in Excel and then be able to import the .csv into InDesign, to change the variables instantly.

The import table feature is a good way to do this, but only if the prices are displayed in a table. My prices are all separate text frames.

Thanks
    Nick

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. import PDF comments to include Text style

I have cliënts that make comments in PDF. In these comments they add (or replace) text using the correct comment tools. But very often some of the added text needs to be Italic or Bold or ... So they use the Text Style feature in Acrobat to italicize certain words.
    But when importing PDF comments, these text styles do not show in InDesign. It would be great if this feature could be added.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How about a progress bar when relinking images?

I just got back an InDesign document that someone else had edited, and I needed to point it towards my own copies of the links. I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out why InDesign would seemingly crash every time I tried to update the links (it would put up the "Spinning Rainbow Pizza Wheel of Death" cursor and "Force Quit Applications" would say that the program was "not responding.") I finally figured out that it was just taking 10-15 minutes to process all the images in the folder, but not putting up any information or a progess bar.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. InDesign and other CS programs

Although I encountered a few surprises when using InDesign or could imagine new functionalities, I still think, that InDesign is more convenient to handle than Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and CameraRaw. I just present here two commented screenshots to encourage Adobe for a more "unifying hand" bewtween these programs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. to turn of pages like a book

Good Morning. I don't understand why isn´t there the option of turning the page like in a book betwen the transitions of pages of InDesign2021.

Will it be added in the near future?
    Is it possible now with other app of Adobe? I've got the complet pack

Greetings.
    Fernando Morales

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Content aware fit in object style // InDesign

Please make it possible to use the function "content aware fit" for images in an object style.
    // InDesign

Thanks, Heike Burch // www.moliri.com

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Functionality to apply kerning before the first letter in a line

Feature Description: This feature should work like in Illustrator or Photoshop (even After Effects can do it). Please see attached screen capture.

How it should work:
    1. Insert the cursor before the first character in a line
    2. Use the kerning in the character panel or with the shortcuts (ALT + arrow keys)
    3. kerning should be applied

Why: This would be a productivity enhancement and make it much easier to optically align the first letter in a line manually without having to use the Optical Margin alignment that only works for a whole story.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove "Publication must be saved before continuing" workflow requirement.

The requirement to save a file before creating a package is cumbersome. Often, I am saving a package to a new location to use as a starting point for a new project, or a creating a new separate version. Saving it requires potential alterations to be saved in the original file. Even without modifying the file, updated links or fonts might saved or broken.

One can Save As first, as a workaround, but this is the cumbersome second step. Creating a package from any open file without first saving it should be possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base