When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sticky last font selection in Type > Font drop down menu.

1. When designing in InDesign or Illustrator, etc., I often scroll down the text menu, pick a font, work with it a while then go back to the font menu to try the next font. Unfortunately the font menu always goes back to the top of the list. I would like the font drop down menu to pop back to the current font so I can continue where I left off in the list.

2. Failing that idea, at least add a scroll bar and maybe highlight the current font in the list so I can get back to where…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Image in Paragraph Style

It would be nice and super useful to have the ability to use images instead of solid colors in paragraph styles. for example:
    image as text character color (like clipping), image as paragraph shading background, border image, rule image, image as the bullet, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. remove canvas size limits for wide format printing _ or make an option to work in 10% scale mode

Either remove the limitations or provide a "10% mode" that can be switched to (with a click of a button) that calculates dimensions and gives a visual representation of the artwork degradation of the files after enlarging to 100%

actually anything that would help large format printers - which is a large part of your user base - but seems to be forgotten during your program design stage

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have the option to add dynamic or static captions to an anchored image.

It would be interesting to have the option to add dynamic or static captions to an anchored image.

On the 1st image, an anchored object, impossible to have the option to add dynamic or static captions.

On the 2nd one, not an anchored object, it's possible to add dynamic or static captions

Indesign CC 2019, French version on MacOS Mojave.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Attach paragraph/character style to a table cell definition

I think that it would be really useful if you could attach a paragraph or character style to the definition of a table's cell. So if I choose Table Header Cell Style it immediately responds with the correct typeface, shading etc. At the moment, I then have to apply a paragraph style once I have chosen a cell style. Which seems unnecessary

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GREP: Group or chain GREP expressions so they can all be triggered with one click

There are many times that I receive text with double spaces between sentences and double paragraph returns and ### between sections and 4 or 5 tabs in a row. These can all be fixed with GREP expressions, but it would save time to be able to create a group of expressions that can launch with one click. Similar to Next Style in a paragraph style description. I am sure there are even more complex compound instances that would benefit from this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Table of Contents: Character Style Improvements

TOCs need to be able to do three different things with character styles that are included in text in a generated TOC:

1. The Character Style stays present in the TOC (this is currently what InDesign does)
    2. The Character Style is stripped.
    3. The Character Style is mapped to another character style.

These settings should accessible in the Style: <stylename> section of the TOC options -- customizable for each paragraph style used to generate the TOC.

The most notable use for the mapping style is when the typeface between the TOC and the body text of the book differs,…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics ...Really?

Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics today Brian", "Put your projects into focus today" ...Really? I use Adobe for my job, I am already doing these things, I dont need a fucking reminder from YOU to do my job. STOP IT.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Give Indesign Online Flipbook features

I would love to use PublishOnline instead of paying for Issuu separately, but the flipbook functionality is abrasive (not smooth page turning). If it could have a better page-turning feature (ideally options for how the transitions happen) I would be willing to look past the loss of other features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow more formatting of running heads

I'm working on a book whose running heads use both bold and roman type. (Chapter 1: Chapter title where "Chapter 1:" is bold and "Chapter TItle" is roman. As far as I know, I can't use variables or automatic section heads to format this way so have resorted to having a separate master page for each chapter.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add additional interactive options to the buttons and forms panel

The buttons and forms panel (used for making interactive form elements for PDF) is missing several options that are available in Acrobat such as:
    * insert image button
    * insert date button
    * insert barcode button

There was a request to do this but it was marked FIXED and (in my humble opinion) is far from fixed - https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/20482882-more-options-when-creating-forms-via-indesign

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. underline outdent/indents

The border and rules have options to outdent or indent, but the underline style does not. Sometimes you need a character style to highlight a word, and the only way to do that is with the underline style. It doesn't look great when there is no space on either side of the highlight, so you need to add extra spaces before and after the word. Can this be added to the underline style options?

Maybe it should be a new feature called ”highlight.” It would work like Microsoft Word but with options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. InDesign needs UI Scaling like Illustrator and Photoshop

Now that Illustrator and Photoshop offer UI scaling (for tools, panels, etc.), it would be great to see this feature implemented in InDesign as well. Since the UI was changed significantly in InDesign 2015.4, many have complained that it wastes too much space (especially when on a laptop or smaller screen), while others prefer the more spacious UI. It would be great if we could have the option to scale it to our liking.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nested Styles - Add more options to apply them to END of a paragraph

When creating a nested style, the only options we have for its activation point are [through] *** or [up to] ***. This means they're designed to have an affect only at the START of a paragraph, and to work only from left to right. This is very inflexible, and it's frustrating to work around, especially if we want particular style variation to occur somewhere at the END of paragraph.

It would be really helpful if in addition to the two existing options, you added ones like [after] or [after first instance of] or [after nth instance of] or [before last…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable HTML5 to be imported into InDesign and exported as HTML5 / EPUB3

Currently I'm using in5 to insert HTML5 into InDesign and then export it out as HTML5. I'm also using CircularFlo to insert HTML5 into InDesign and export it out as EPUB3. The funny thing is that the HTML5 that I'm importing to InDesign actually all came from the HTML5 output from Adobe Captivate. It is a little bit ironic that I want to combine Adobe files and make them work together but I've to use external parties plugin to do that. I'm very sure that in the future more and more people will be inserting HTML5 into InDesign either to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export Book: Option to export documents in book as individual PDFs

When using the book export, it would be wonderful to have the option to export the documents that make up the book as separate PDFs.

This option would be useful whether exporting the entire book to PDF or exporting selected documents to PDF. Metadata embedded in each document of the book would be included in the export to pdf.

For example, I currently create a journal using the book function to pull together and organize the separate INDD files for the cover, TOC, and articles. Once the journal is completed, I need to generate the following PDFs:

1. Entire journal…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BETTER TABLE CONTROL FEATURES!!!!

this!!! Complete overhaul to tables in InDesign !!!!! https://forums.adobe.com/message/10898726

IT IS SO ON THE MONEY and I am sure there are other great suggestions here, but seriously indesign tables are pathetic

right now I am especially vexed by this fact that Joe Jacob writes:
    "Why is it that the total width/height of a table cannot be constrained to the size of the bounding box it's in? Why, when the table exceeds these limits, does a column or row just disappear? "

"Why am I left just eyeballing it to make sure my table is neat and evenly spaced out? Why…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Making imported PDF edit more obvious in InDesign and fixing delays with mouse clicks

As a book designer who works with many long manuscripts, I do appreciate being able to import PDF edits into InDesign. That is a great new feature in the last few versions.

However, some edits are just too hard to spot in a spread. One can easily spot highlighted text (such as when the editors mark a phrase for deletion or replacement). But when the editors insert or delete commas and periods or choose a spot where they want to add new text, there is nothing obvious -- beyond a skinny, nearly invisible cursor -- to draw the eye. The…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Indesign Publish Online should have accessibility (tagged pdf) capabilities

Indesign Publish Online should have accessibility (tagged pdf) capabilities

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)