1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password protection

Protect the presentations on PublishOnline with a password. Within a company it's often required to send password-protected presentations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adds the option to create sidenotes on Indiesign

Adding a built-in option to create side-notes in Indiesign, such comments that come next to the text where they are numbered. In addition, there will be control over whether to insert a separator between them and the main text, as well as control of the numbering style, and the paragraph or character style applied to them. Adding or subtracting one comment will update the number and position of the other comments, and if one comment goes beyond the page boundaries - move its content to the next page.
    Also, the designer should be given the choice of three options - …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PDF tags are lost when placed in InDesign

When I place any PDF in Indesign (and this I do very often), which include pre-created accessible PDFs, the tags go away and the complete exported Pdf becomes inaccessible and tag-less.
    The only tag that I get in the exported PDF is <Figure> tag.
    Com'on adobe you can do better than this

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase slug area limit

We create presentation slides, export them as pdf.

These pdf slides are connected to a notes booklet for attendees.

We want to create a version for the presenter and include notes in the slug area. but the slug area can only be a maximum of 152mm wide. Can you please increase this limit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Store the state of a style group, open or closed, when saving a document

Current state:
    If I open a style group in a styles panel, save, close and reopen the document all style groups are closed by default.

Feature modification request:
    Save the state of a style group, open or closed, when saving a document.

This should be done to all panels that allow for style groups.

Regards,
    Uwe Laubender
    ( ACP )

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pasword protection for interactive publish online files.

we want to publish interactive report with sensitive information, would be good to have this feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Kurdish Language Spelling

Hello!
    Adobe InDesign has many users writing and experiencing the Central Kurdish language which are living and a great part population of Iraq which is the Kurdistan Region, but unfortunately, the Kurdish language spelling dictionary isn't available in InDesign.
    I hope you can add an option for users writing with this language to let InDesign get their phrases and sentences to be added to the Kurdish language dictionary and be available for other users.
    Or if you create a translation web page to add the Kurdish language phrase and sentence spellings to be available in Adobe InDesign and other adobe…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. External Styles / Style Libraries to push Style updates dynamically and automatically to all documents.

Please develop some kind of External Style file format, that can be applied locally, and hopefully, via the cloud. But at least locally, PLEASE.

It is a crime that InDesign currently has NO WAY whatsoever to keep multiple documents styles synced. I run into this deeply frustrating problem all the time.

Currently, If I create a template file with some styles, and use that to create documents, and then If I update or refine paragraph styles, character styles, table styles, etc — there is no way for me to easily carry over those same styles to all other documents that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export Indesign Animations as HTML

Currently InDesign animations are exported as SWF. Would it be possible to have the option to export animations as html.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support Excel's Strict Open XML Spreadsheet format

InDesign should be able to Place an Excel file that's been saved as a Strict Open XML Spreadsheet (which appears to be a subset of the normal .xlsx workbook format). Currently, attempting to place an Excel file that's been saved as a Strict Open XML Spreadsheet results in a "Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation" error.

A sample Strict Open XML Spreadsheet file is attached.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to scroll/move on page while style options window is open

In earlier versions of InDesign this was possible. Now I can only zoom in and out. While editing my styles I want to be able to still zoom AND scroll/move on the pages in order to see the changes where the take effect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable column rules to ignore text wrap and anchored objects.

As it is now, column rules adhere to text wrap and will no longer "extend" if near an image with text wrap applied. Furthermore, placing an anchored object, an inline image for example, causes the rule to exhibit the same behavior in that it stops once it reaches the anchored object. Would like an option for column rules to simply ignore text wrap/anchored object so that the rules continue to extend.

This would help me (and others) to keep a consistent appearance as needed. In the attached example, there's a 3 column product listing where you can see how awkward…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign

Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign with all fields available as Acrobat Pro and be able to live test the form and make changes within InDesign rather than having to export the PDF each time to test the form.

I make forms for clients and it gets very annoying when I set up hundreds of fields in InDesign and finalise a form and a client sees a typo so I have to go back in InDesign and make the fix and then re-export the file and add other fields again to it.

Would also like a feature with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The dreaded Data Merge "There is at least one data placeholder that cannot be found" error

when using Data Merge, so many of us have gotten the "There is at least one data placeholder that cannot be found in the data source. Make sure all the placeholders correspond to the fields in the data source." error and have spent way too much time trying to find the issue.

Can Adobe add a way to highlight what InDesign is objecting to when this message happens?

This morning, I gave up and inserted the text manually. There were only 4 elements on each of my 5 Master pages and I could not find the offending object.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow variables to be used within styles

It would be great to have a more flexible method of configuring styles; the purpose being to cut down on the number of styles with only minor differences between them.

We use page templates where the layout is pretty much the same, apart from minor differences / colours. But we have to define a complete set of styles for all colour variations, greatly increasing the complexity.

However, if you can enable any setting to be stored as a variable, this could reduce the number of styles in a document by 90%. For example:

A set of master styles for the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. find and change in book

Currently one has to open all documents to F&C across them. There should be a "Book" option in the F&C panel so the files open/save/close automatically like they do when sync'ing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Effect presets

When working across projects, I tend to take a screenshot of effect settings I use and then manually type adjust them to be the same. I wish we could save effect presets so I can just quick apply ones I use frequently.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Outline Mode, like Illustrator does!

Hey team! How about an outline mode like illustrator? A simple command that show you everything outlined in your artwork, that would be great if you're working for pre-press. I always had the feeling that indesign should have this feature to make easier QA process!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Interactive PDF with validated (a.k.a. pre-formatted) fields

In inDesign, the PDF dialog really needs to have all of the functionality when formatting interactive fields as Adobe Acrobat Pro does.

I try to set up my interactive forms in inDesign for ease and efficiency of workflow, but when my manager asks me to "create them as validated fields" (i.e. the phone number is pre-formatted to be a 10 digit number input only, a SSN is also formatted to be a 9 digit number only, etc.) then I have to add another step in the process by re-doing the interactive fields in Acrobat, which is a major headache and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hyperlink in Data Merge

Please, please, please add the hyperlink data field when using Data Merge. Why can we generate a QR code, but not add a simple URL to a box or a text or whatever you want, visibile in an interactive PDF? Please add this function, doing press releases is transforming me into a monkey!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base