2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4920 results found

1. Allow more customization in Export Tagging

I love that InDesign can convert my paragraph/character styles into CSS for me when exporting to epub or xml. But it would be really handy if I could customize what CSS gets exported.

For example, I might have a "ChapterNumber" style and a "ChapterTitle" style in an 8.5x11 book. In InDesign I might set ChapterNumber to have a space below of 1 inch. This looks great in an 8.5x11 print book, but when the book is converted to an epub, the spacing gets converted from "1 inch" to a very high margin spacing in the CSS. Consequently I have to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Space After and Space Before with negative values

Space After and Space Before with negative values, so that two different paragraph styles have less spacing than the sum of both

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Find/Change - Colour - Selected items?

So, thought I would use this Find/Change - Colour to change all the colours of text/strokes/fills on a page in a college prospectus I am designing (each curriculum area has a different colour).

There is no 'Selected items' in the search area. Only Document or All Documents. Wouldn't be so bad if it started on the page you was on, but no, it starts from page 1 every time making this potentially useful feature useless to me for this problem.

Can I please request an option to add 'Selection' and or 'Current Page'.

Thanks for your help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Optical Margin Alignment as part of paragraph styles

It would be very helpful to have the option to include Optical Margin Alignment included in paragraph style sheets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Maintain the Layers Panel scroll position when switching between documents.

Maintain the Layers Panel scroll position when switching between documents.
    At the moment when you switch between documents the scroll position of the Layers Panel 'resets' to showing the top most item in the layers list.
    On documents with many layers (where the scroll bar is present) every time you switch documents you have to scroll down to find the active layer. Very unproductive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to retain and set the object rotation angle with reference point within an object style for objects as well as anchored objects.

I use rotated objects in about 100% of all documents I create and I develop most to all of the document templates for all of our users which result in 4000+ documents every year. All the templates are heavily style based in all aspects and properties that can be set manually but are not covered by styles lead to confusion and lack of adoption by users. Scripting all the things that are not covered by native functionality in styles is one thing but leads to other problems. so please at least consider this as an easy target for improvement.
    PS.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add snippets to CC libraries

I often have several items grouped together with a text box (like a png image used as a background for a textbox). I often need to use that group multiple times, so I usually make snippets out of them so I can easily place the whole group repeatedly. It would be FANTASTIC if I could store snippets in the CC library. I don't even really bother using CC libraries most of the time because the thing I most often need to place between documents are snippets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share for Review - Image Quality

Bring the optimized quality of Share for Review images up to the level of acceptable web-based image optimization at 100% size.

I understand the need to optimize images for high-performance quick reviews. However, the current setting is far too low. Upgrading the image quality to an acceptable web-image optimization will help reduce feedback loops with concerns from stakeholders over bad image quality.

In my review workflows using Shared for Review, I am now constantly exporting and sending separate PDFs to reviewers to prove image quality based on concerns from the Share for Review representation.

Please know that the Share for…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Not display footnotes in continued table header

We sometimes have footnotes in table headers. If the table splits on multiple pages with continuous table headers, the footnote-number repeats in every header. I would like there to be some checkbox or other way to disable footnote number repeating in the continued table headers.
    Right now I just fake it with a background colored little box over the redundant footnote but it's just not that good a solution since I have to anchor it somewhere in the table cells to stay at it's place in case of changing pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PDF Comments: Apply comments, of type Strikethrough text, that has a text comment attached, with same behaviour as comments of type Replace

When making comments in Acrobat Reader, clients often use the Strikethrough-type and add a text comment, when they really should have used the Replace-type comment.

Strikethrough-comments with text, could be applied with the same behavior as Replace-comments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The "Find and Replace Fonts" dialog box

The "Find and Replace Fonts" dialog box does not allow searching and replacing fonts included in a composite font.
    This is inconvenient.
    Please improve it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When updating links (like from Illustrator) being able to select 'apply to all’

When updating imported files we get a warning that e.g. the layers are altered. In the concerning warning boxes (extra if multiple pages are involved) it would be very handy to have a checkbox to ‘apply to this or to all'.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Turn off preflight by default

Since we work via Internet-connection, working with longer documents is a mess because after every move you make, the preflight check starts over and over again. The bigger the document, the longer it takes until you can finally start working again.

I would like to have the opportunity to have preflight turned off by default. Only when I need it, I would like to turn on preflight.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better text variables

Text variables are so... basic at the moment.

Can it get some love like GREPs search has? Unbelievable that you can't pull the first page or section titles... but how about some simple math operations in there too and combine them with GREP operations? Would be hugely useful to have some dynamic tools like this added to make on page information update in response to layout changes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow to bring selected text to foreground or push it backwards, relatively to the unselected text, within the same text object

When creating slab text block, for example, as a single text frame (rows with different lengths of text, and make the rows equal lenght by changing the font size of each row, rather than changing the tracking) some of the rows you want to overlap other rows (big font sizes) as a design feature, for example titles as slab text block.
    In that text block you could push selected text in the background, behind the not selected text, if this feature would exist.
    So that you wouldn't be required to create a separate object for each row of text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Elaborate quickbooks tool hub?

A desktop program created by Intuit called the Quickbooks tool hub is available without charge. Users can handle typical QuickBooks Desktop problems with the aid of a variety of tools that are included. Issues with the network, printing, a dishonest firm, and installations can all be resolved with ease. You can interact with the QuickBooks support staff as well as reset passwords in addition. Installing quickbooks Tool Hub on your computer requires first downloading it.
    https://www.quickbookstoolhub.co/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Nav bar in Publish Online interface

Can Adobe give designers control over the Nav Bar and not keep messing with the Publish Online interface. They've recently made the Nav Bar thicker, which has now messed up all the web apps I've sold to clients

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Publish Online Nav Bar - can this be adjustable on upload via dialogue box?

Adobe have just made the Nav Bar fatter - this instantly trashes the web apps my company have created and sold to clients, because it obscures part of the lower menu. If Adobe wish to fiddle with this, can they not put the control of the Nav Bar in the hands of the creators that provide their solution, and not keep messing with it, as they did earlier in the year by sticking a margin all the way round the document page within the Publish Online interface

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rotate - it needs an 'oscillate' or 'reverse' tick box

Absolutely love the animation within Publish Online, really allows me to get client engagement. BUT.... it's missing something very vital - when you set a rotation, it only goes one-way. It needs to be able to reverse at the end of the rotation - so to rotate back to home position again. I strongly believe this would massively improve the animation options

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. WEBP - Please add an export option in InDesign to save as <FILENAME>.webp

Please add an export option save as webp.

Hello, I do a lot of my flyers and promotions in InDesign and have been exporting them as PNG for years. So instead of me saving the file as PNG then opening the file in Photoshop and exporting as webp, having an export webp feature in Indesign would a better streamline workflow.

I've read that webp is a better solution for web graphics Webp in 75% lossy format is a better looking and compressed file than PNG it will save loading times on my website and eblasts.

See my PS exports from…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base