When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make search and replace aware of HTML web addresses to include or exclude them

S&R knows how to limit searches to who words or by capitalization. Give it the ability to include or (more important) exclude HTML web addresses. I often have to search an entire book replacing some hyphens with N-dashes or M-dashes. Quite a few of the search results are webpage addresses whose hyphens I do NOT want to change, often hundreds of them. It's be great if searches could exclude web addresses.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make GREP dot (Any Character) match Footnote Reference marker.

Make the GREP dot (Any Character) match ~F (Footnote Reference marker).

There is no reason that a query like .+ would stop when reaching a footnote marker. This should select the entire paragraph. This behaviour have been in InDesign forever and should be changed.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video - Object Style

Today I cannot add an object style to a video. I'm using object style to easy redefine layout. If I create a content holder I can define its size and location with object style. Once I add a video into the content holder, the object styles in the object style pane are disabled/grey.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Find/Change can able to group the multiple saved queries

Find/Change can able to group the multiple saved queries so that I can apply grouped queries simultaneously in the document.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Properties Panel More Options

I quite like the idea of the new Properties Panel, but it would be great to have the options to have the "More Options" items to be expanded permanently. Right now the auto collapse once you change from item to item. I understand if you are working on a laptop, the fact that they auto collapse is helpful but when you are working on a large screen I don't want to keep looking for my options. Please add a preference that makes the expanded options sticky.
    Thanks, Julian

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Adobe InDesign team

6. Deleting unused paragraph styles in one fell swoop

I highly recommend that Adobe updates a feature to delete all unused paragraph styles in one fell swoop instead of a file by file case.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to split table rows across pages

Lord please, if you're up there, answer our INDD prayers and make this a feature. A LOT of tables have rows with more content than can be held in a single page or bottom of a page. It's impossible to layout a continuous book or brochure if I can't get the table text to split - it doesn't have to be the default, but give me the option - please, please. WORD does this, be better than Word!!

357 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In Mojikumi Table, paragraph indent size to be fixed without depending on the first character

InDesign Japanese Edition 15.0 or earlier
    At present, the indent size depends on the attribute of the first character, so when the character with a different size or scale comes first, the indent amount changes.
    Instead, I want the indent to be fixed based on the text size in the paragraph style or frame grid settings.
    The attached image is the current specification.

P.S. If the first character of a paragraph has a decoration such as an underline, the decoration will also accompany the indentation. I think this is a bug.(additional.jpg)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fast book export to PDF

When you have a book with a lot of files inside (more than 100), the export to PDF takes a lot of time. The mouse stucks and it ist not possible to work effectively.
    Every day we are working multiple times with the book funktion.
    A new PDF Export will be very nice and very very helpful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automaticly update old files after large update

After the last update(2020) of InDesign, i started creating a book file. When I loaded the files in the book file, all files had to manually be saved again in the new version of InDesign. When creating a book of more than 100 files, it is verry time consuming. To create alle the books(multiple each month whit files that are already created), i have more than 1000 files wich have to be updated to the latest file. To do this i have found a script wich make this less time consuming, but it is still a lot of work. I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A search and replace that is a series of search and replaces

Often users need to run a series of search and replaces on a document. Why not create an S&R that runs a series of S&Rs in a user-defined order. It'd be great for cleaning up text. Also, allow users to decide if each S&R is run as "replace all" or with the user deciding each replace.

In addition, allow S&Rs to be run automatically when text documents (typically from Word) are placed. Choosing that would be one option in the Place window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Import XLSX spreadsheet to an InDesign table: the "-1" problem still

When linking xlsx files to InDesign I receive a "-1" when the linked cell in Excel contains a formula that returns text from a cell in a different worksheet in the same workbook. InDesign ver 15.0.1 Win 10 workstation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stroke Management in Table

Please put some buttons to select inner strokes / outer strokes of tables rather than right click on the miniature table graphic on strokes panel.

It will be very useful if you put one click option for Select All strokes, Select Border, Select Inner etc. Right click on that miniature cell sometimes very difficult. And make it the default selection for atleast one document

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please add proper standard printing condition(s) and icc-profiles

Adobe, please change the standard color presets for printing to the proper standard printing conditions and profiles that are published by the European Color Initaitive ECI (eci.org.). The icc-profiles are publically available.
    Actually, Adobe still uses outdated FOGRA39 characterization data by default, second Adobe applies FOGRA39 in an own icc-profile that differs from the standard-profile by the ECI.
    FOGRA39 is outdated, it's been replaced by FOGRA51 since years, for good reason. ECI has published the corresponding standard ICC-profile "PSO coated v3", which should find it's way into Adobe's color settings. Please integrate the official ECI-profiles, because these are highly optimized…

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adds the option to create sidenotes on Indiesign

Adding a built-in option to create side-notes in Indiesign, such comments that come next to the text where they are numbered. In addition, there will be control over whether to insert a separator between them and the main text, as well as control of the numbering style, and the paragraph or character style applied to them. Adding or subtracting one comment will update the number and position of the other comments, and if one comment goes beyond the page boundaries - move its content to the next page.
    Also, the designer should be given the choice of three options - …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Duplicating pages in InDesign - but not at the end of a document

When duplicating pages in Indesign they always appear at the end of the document. We should be able to select where in the document we want the pages to be added, as we do when inserting new pages.
    So, 'Duplicate Pages''; "Insert Before/After page XX" etc

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve Title Case

When sentence case is added to the paragraph styles panel, please add a place where we can list a set of words to be omitted if they appear after the first word. For example: and, the, a, an.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Store the state of a style group, open or closed, when saving a document

Current state:
    If I open a style group in a styles panel, save, close and reopen the document all style groups are closed by default.

Feature modification request:
    Save the state of a style group, open or closed, when saving a document.

This should be done to all panels that allow for style groups.

Regards,
    Uwe Laubender
    ( ACP )

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support Excel's Strict Open XML Spreadsheet format

InDesign should be able to Place an Excel file that's been saved as a Strict Open XML Spreadsheet (which appears to be a subset of the normal .xlsx workbook format). Currently, attempting to place an Excel file that's been saved as a Strict Open XML Spreadsheet results in a "Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation" error.

A sample Strict Open XML Spreadsheet file is attached.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to scroll/move on page while style options window is open

In earlier versions of InDesign this was possible. Now I can only zoom in and out. While editing my styles I want to be able to still zoom AND scroll/move on the pages in order to see the changes where the take effect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base