1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the initial view of PDFs Created in InDesign to be set in InDesign

Have settings within the PDF export window that allow to to set the initial view when opening the PDF, i.e two page continuous, or two up with cover page) without having to open the PDF in Acrobat and select this feature every time you create a new PDF.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tabs whose location is set from the right instead of from the left (not just the right-aligned tab!)

Recently setting a series of tables of financial data, I noticed that, if the column width varied, I had to set individual decimal-aligned tabs for each column to ensure that the numbers ended up a similar distance from the right edge of the column. (In other words, so that the numbers in the narrow columns aligned correctly on the decimal without having the numbers in the wide columns appear too far to the left.)

Would it be possible to create a set of tab stops whose positions are calculated from the right-hand edge rather than the left? This would have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Table option to disallow breaking across pages

I would like to be able to specify that a table should not break across columns, frames or pages. It could be an option in the Table Options ('Keep entire table together') that could then be specified in the Table Style. Alternatively, if it's easier, I'd be happy with the existing Cell Option 'Keep with next row' to be available as an option to set in the Cell Style, and I could then apply the appropriate cell style as the basic cell style in the Table Style. This would be much easier than manually selecting each individual table and applying…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Great new palettes

I like Adobe add great features to InDesign:
    1- Ligature Manager: to enable \disable specific ligature(s) in a document, since Unicode and opentype revolutionized the typography abilities.
    2- Kerning Manager: to enable \disable specific kerning pairs in a document, since many non-latin font metrics are badly calculated.
    3- Equation Editor: for maths, chemistry… etc.
    4- Footnote Improvement: to enable user to add marginal footnotes, put footnote in columns… etc.
    Very Much Thanks to Adobe Brains.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Uncheck Shared Hyperlink Destination by default

In the panel 'New Hyperlink' the box 'Shared Hyperlink Destination' is by default checked. I always (must) uncheck it. Two questions: can I reset these default-settings somewhere. (I think not - but I'll like to do that). There is no possibility to put this check on/off under a shortcut. That should be nice for automation-purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No language for multiple table cells

I create a huge amount of tables for the medical field. The tables have a lot of medical terms and medicines that I do not want to spell check. I could set up a paragraph style for “no language” but some cells do need to be spell checked.

When you select more than one cell down or across there doesn’t seem to be any way to select “no language” at the top of the screen... it automatically goes into paragraph mode and there doesn’t seem to be any way around this.

I would like to select multiple contiguous cells and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Command Z

I am on a Mac and recently downloaded InDesign 2018. When using Undo (Cmd-Z) it now only restores one character at a time instead of the whole block that was typed in that action. Undo worked fine in previous versions of InDesign. This is too time-consuming and would appreciate if you would put it back the way it used to be. Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 囲い文字を簡単に作成する機能

テキストに簡単に四角い囲みを作成できる機能が欲しい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to scroll pages even in the export pdf menu.

In previous versions was possible to scroll in pages tab even when the PDF export dialog window was open, that was great to scroll in content and select all pages I needed to preview printed.

Not sure, if it wasn't just bug before but I am missing it now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trash/clear out Find/Change completely

The ability to trash everything in the find/change window so you can start fresh with a brand new search. Right now you have to delete things like “change format” individually and each field stays filled in. This is nice if you are keeping something in your search for a while, but not when you want to start fresh.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Print Booklet - Export Issues

Print Booklet - Export Issues.
    Before the update back in January roughly the Print Booklet export was quick and very responsive.

For some reason now the booklet export does takes over 3-5 minutes for even a small file which is only 4mb. Previously this would have taken seconds now it is taking long periods of time and also blocking my whole system up which will not allow me to use other programs etc.... This has only happened since the update from 2017 to 2018 Indesign CC.

Has anyone else had this issue and has anyone got a fix for it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notify us of bugs while they are being fixed.

When you have a bug, it would be nice to get a notice. I just spent an hour trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with the dictionary. Finally got in a chat and realized I wasn't doing anything wrong.

It's fine you have bugs. It's amazing what the software does. I don't mind not using a feature while the bug gets fixed. It would, though, save me time and frustration to know that you're working on it and I should relax and wait.

Thank you!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Picture frame and actual picture selecting

Sometimes, I just wanna click on the whole frame+picture and move it up/left/down but it selects the picture INSIDE and therefore moves out of the blue frame. Sometimes I need to move the picture inside of the frame and it selects the blue frame instead. And it keeps happening on random like no care for double click, one click or 1000000000milions click. Just add some idk, alt, shift, control, ctrl+alt+shift combination or whatever feature for it to be selecting either the frame or the picture. SEPARATELY! I am seriously tired of this because it does trigger at random and its…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Free use of units in Move dialog box

In Illustrator, when moving object, you can choose either pt or mm (or others) regardless of your unit settings in Preferences. This is very helpful when working with graphics and text at the same time ... for example I normally work in mm when moving graphics around, but sometimes it is useful to move text for example 2 lines up or down. In Illustrator I can then type '24 pt' in the Move dialog box - but this feature does not exist in InDesign ... I can only move text and objects in mm.
    Would be very helpful to have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i am really annoyed that Indesign keeps breaking basic functionality when it makes an update. I have used paste without formatting for years

i am really annoyed that Indesign keeps breaking basic functionality when it makes an update. I have used paste without formatting for years without incidence and now it doesn't always work when I need it. I don't want any new functionality if it is going to break things like typing and pasting. Typing in new frames requires 2 clicks and requires a tweak to the settings to work right?! Many things that used to be one click are now many. That is not how this should work!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Curvilinear text tool on several lines

Instead of limitating the use of this tool to one line, you should be able to make a paragraph based on the shape you use the curvilinear tool on.

For instance, if i want to write on the edge of a wheel divided in different parts, so that the text follows the shape of the circle. Let's say that the name of the wheel's part is a three lines title, when i press enter, indesign would create another circle on wich the text would follow the curve. see atached picture

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Name PDF with the template name !

I can export PDF by template ... but not include the name of this template in my PDF's name !! Why not ?!

This evolution = better productivity ^^

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Font style and weight should be separate properies

I think text properties should be more adapted to the CSS structure. This includes applying several styles to a character/paragraph but that topic has already been discussed here https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/31112107-allow-multiple-character-styles-to-be-applied-to-c

This time, My suggestion is to separate weight (thin, light, regular, medium, bold, black, etc.) from style (italic, oblique, etc.). I know this would be a major change but it's worthy. This would make character styling much easier.

Maybe width (compressed, condensed, extended, etc.) property should be an option, but this isn't important.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PLEASE ADD VERTICAL ALIGNMENT TEXT TOOL

Please add the vertical alignment text tool.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preflight options

Most of us have a set of Preflight Options which we embed in the document. There are cases where the preflight error is intended and is not an error at all. LikeI highlight 'Non Proportional Scaling'.There are cases where I want un-proportional scaling of images. It would be nice that we could select these cases and mark them as non-errors. There are other cases like 'Bleed/Trim hazards which' are placed at the edge of a page on purpose.
    In this way, once the error is chosen and selected as 'non-error' we will not get them marked as errors.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base