When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If a graphic file is added to the CC Libraries the default name should be the file name

If I add the file with the name companyX-logotype.jpg to a CC Library it gets the name "Bildmaterial1" (in German – must be something like "image1" in English).

It would be great if the given name would be "companyX-logotype.jpg" instead.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Break Footnotes Marker

If long footnotes breaks on two pages autoinsert some symbol on end of first part and some symbol on the beginning of the second part. Would also be nice to have the possibility to choose a glyph for these markers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow font size larger than 1296 pt

I often have to create large posters with a single 3-digit price and 1296pt font isn't cutting it. I have to outline and then enlarge which is a pain when changes need to be made but it i also cannot standardize this element with a style, master page or template. Same for illustrator.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TABS dialog box - so very tiny...

Am I the only person who finds the Tabs dialog box ridiculously small and difficult to work with? Even if you zoom right into text, the box itself remains the same. In trying to move the indent markers I'm constantly creating unwanted new tab markers which can be easily deleted, but still annoying. Any words of wisdom?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GREP query to remove whitespace before sentence

Along with a query for removing trailing whitespace, one is needed for preceding whitespace. The workaround of searching for ^p+space does not work in all instances, especially in tables.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Convert graphics from RGB to CMYK

I use InDesign for a lot of print layout, and often graphics used/supplied (stock, photographs, etc.) are in RGB format. But for print I need these in CMYK format, and since ideas for which graphics to use and layouts change often before finalization I wait until the final OKs are given before converting graphics to CMYK.

The way I see this working is through the "Links" tab, although perhaps it could be done through the "Package..." function. In the Links tab, it would give me the option of right-clicking an RGB file and within that popup menu give me the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How to export multiple InDesign files to PDF

Hi.

How to export multiple InDesign files with different formats to multiple PDFs. Is there a Drag & Drop feature directly from InDesign documents to create PDFs in this way?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Limiting table row height limit

Hi, I always encounter this in InDesign. The table row has height limit and would not allow me to adjust it further for longer contents. My workaround is to use shape made as a content holder. (see attached file)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Clear the pasteboard

I'd love a command that would delete all the extraneous stuff that ends up on the pasteboard. It would be especially helpful in packaging for print.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Extended "apply next stlye" feature

I'm looking for a feature where you can force-apply the "next style".
    tl;dr: Force the "apply next style" to existing and already style paragraphs.
    For example: When you create a headline-style and define another stlye as following "next stlye" everything is fine as long as you enter your text in InDesign. But if you're working with a text that is already written you don't want to use the option "apply style and next stlye" with every single headline. I want it to be automated.
    What I want is: A feature that forces any already styled paragraphes to apply the next…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. For documents that are "name-heavy", it would be great to be able to have the option within spellcheck to skip a page or skip a text box!

For documents that are "name-heavy", it would be great to be able to have the option within spellcheck to skip a page or skip a text box!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. publish online full screen support on iPads

Hi,
    i am using the great "Publish Online" feature on several documents.
    My docs are ok everywhere...

Except full screen browsing :

• working perfectly on desktop browsers, when clicked on the icon in the inferior bar.
    • working perfectly on iPhone (recent os) when switched in landscape mode.

• not working on iPad (recent os, iPad 2, iPad Air and iPad Pro), none of the gesture will work, and none of the browsers neither…
    I've tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera.

Impossible to obtain a full screen viewing, which is really required for a presentation. The upper bar will remain…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically group objects when pasting them into an image frame

At the moment InDesign does not let you paste several selected objects (that are not grouped) into an image frame. The user has to group the selection before pasting it with CMD+OPT+V into the image frame.

Please let InDesign automatically group the object when pasting or make it possible to paste ungrouped objects.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Isolate levels in a group

Be able to double click to reach a group object but isolate all the objects in that grouping level, e.g:
    You have a placed graphic with flyouts or annotations but if its grouped and more often than not you have to double-click edit and exit the group and keep double-clicking until you reach your desired object.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fit text to frame

This is a very important feature for anyone doing desktop publishing and has to fit different variations of text into a predefined text frame size.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Proper export format for Webdesign

Since Indesign gets all the functionalities for webdesign : effects, objects styles, text and pargraph styles, interactivity, links, tempaltes...
    It would be great to be able to export designs to HTML/CSS in a real and proper way (not the nowadays export).
    Or, an export to PSD, at least.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate a Content :before and :after to Styles as it is possible in CSS

In the character and paragraph styles definition: Give us the opportunity of automatically add content before and after the text (give the opportunity to style this additionally with a character style), to which the style is applied. Currently a conent:before is only possible with using a paragraph style a trick (see image, sorry for the German ...).

Working with XML data or other equivalent text sources you can add media related text, that doesn't alter the content. This is quite important, if the content should be exported after production.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improved Find/Change with Conditional Text

The reason is that the Find/Change function has a serious limitation in that it will only find text with certain conditions applied if you choose to search for ALL of the conditions applied to the text in question. That’s fine in the rare cases where I know all the conditions applied to the text that I need to find.

I want the a radio button behavior, where InDesign will find anything with a certain condition applied to it, even if there are other conditions applied as well.

For additional details, see:
    https://indesignsecrets.com/limitations-findchange-in-conditional-text.php

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base