1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. macOS help search

Hid, please enable macOS help-search feature. Like in the illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option in TOC dialogue which merges the same instances into one followed by a page range number

I have a design guide with a complex table of contents (see toc1.png).

There are topics like “Head - und Subline Allgemein” (see toc1.pgn) which spans over 3 different pages. After generating the TOC the topic is listed 3 times followed by their associated page number (see toc1.pgn).

I would like to see a check box in the table of contents dialogue box which merges all the same instances into one followed by the page range number (see toc2.png)!

Perhaps with a control of what character separates the two page numbers.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Sticky Notes to Incopy like in Acrobat

The Layout and the the Editors work pretty close together in our company. The ability for the Editors to correct their text in the Layoutview is a nice thing for both... Layout and Editors. But we really miss the "Sticky Note" Feature known from Acrobat. When the Editors try to communicate, that they want changes being applied to the Design, thats not really possible with Incopy right now. For example, the editors would love to click the sticky note tool, so that they could place it right next to a picture and add their notes. For exmample: "make this one…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spellcheck only "real" copy.

Add an option in "Check Spelling" to tell it to "ignore automatically generated placeholder text". So that Spellcheck would flag only real copy. I often use both in my documents and it's hard to check a 40-pg document when it keeps stopping at several paragraphs of placeholder text.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. (InCopy) Include "document fonts" when packaging for InCopy

It would be great, if the fonts could be included in a Package for InCopy.
    We often send a InCopy package for external corrections. They need the fonts to do their job properly.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Zoom 100% - 1:1

In print and web documents the 100% zoom isn't acual an 1:1-size (800 pixels are not shown as 800 pixels, 20 mm are not shown as 20 mm).
    I reconize that it depends on your Screensize/and os dpi settings, but that must be possibe! In Acrobat i am able to set an customize resolution (for mm) and in photoshop 800 pixel are 800 pixel at 100% zoom.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show options when placing artwork

In previous versions, I didn't have to click the options button to see the options for placing a graphic or PDF. The current version makes me click an option button. It makes no sense. Just show the options. Always. And have the program remember what you did the last time, or make make it so you can set a default the way you want it. Having the options visible without having to click another button would save me a lot of time. You had it right before.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Open images from Package window

The package window is perfect to discover issues and problems with document or images. But when I find problems with image (RGB profile for example) why is not possible to open in Photoshop directly from that window with double clic? I have to write the name of the files and the number of page and go there to open them...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Resize Document including Content

I know Liquid Layout, but I would love to have something simpler:
    If I resize a document, I would like to have the option to have the content be resized by the same percentages.

We often have to change the measurement of documents to accommodate different printing requirement. What we do now, is export a pdf and import it to a new document with a script. PDF ist resized proportionally on placement.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Indesign CC 2017 Place Option

On CC 2015 when placing a pdf the Options (Show Import Options, Replace Selected Item, and Create Static Captions) show up by default.
    On CC 2017 Options is collapsed making and extra step to show up the option. I work in a production environment and visually it's faster to move forward (like in CC 2015). Is there a way to make it behave like 2015, so that Options show up by default? Hope I'm making sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please, please, please support Emacs-style key bindings...

...at least for macOS. Virtually all macOS apps, especially those developed by Apple, support Emacs-style key binding that are incredibly useful for text navigation and text selection purposes. As an almost daily use of InDesign—and a 26-year employee of Adobe—I would very much like to see this supported. Most of the commands involve the use of the "control" key, which appears to be unused for InDesign keyboard shortcuts, so this is likely to be a no-brainer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Put the Tab panel in the Text and Table section of the Window menu

The good old Tabs are still standing strong, and they can still do stuff Tables and Character or Paragraph settings can't, like tab leader dots, align on specific characters, fill to right tabs, etc.

But users are always looking for it under the Text and Table section in the Windows menu. I know, it might technically not behave completely like a regular window/panel. But it looks like a window, it moves like a window, so to most people it's a window...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Put the Stroke Styles in the Styles section of the Windows menu

It's so simple, and so obvious.
    No one knows there are Stroke Styles (and brilliant ones) until some one tells them to look under the side menu of the Stroke window...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recent Fonts List Modification

Currently, if you have Number of Recent Fonts to Display set to anything but zero (0), recent fonts appear at the font drop down list, but the drop down starts at the top of the fonts list no matter what your current font is.

If I am just wanting the next or previous font in the list from the font I am currently using, I now have to scroll all the way down to that font. When the Number of Recent Fonts to Display is set to zero (0), when the drop down is selected, it is positioned at the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Center Fold Lines in Column Gutters

It would be nice in InDesign and across all other layout and design programs to be allowed the option (button) to display an nonprinting center fold line when setting gutter spacing on a layout with two or more columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Track changes for anchored stories automatically

When you turn on Track Changes for a story, you have to remember to also click inside any/all anchored stories and turn on Track Changes individually for them as well. I think it's a given that when you're tracking changes to a story, you want to track changes to all "child" stories as well. This should happen by default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Skew tool

Please could we have a skew tool like Ps and Ai?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Obsessive Compulsive Feature - Text averaging for scaled text boxes

When scaling a text box and contents the final type size ends up with sizes with super detailed decimal places; e.g 12.345pt

arrrrgh!!

Don't you realise that many designers are OCD inclined? Whole size text numbers help us feel good. Please don't ask why.

Suggest a scaling preference that allows users to round-off scaled text to nearest desired text increment, e.g nearest whole number or No of decimal places.

:-)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Apply controlable gradients within table rows, coloums and cells.

Is it possible to have easily adjustable gradient fills in rows, coloums and cells within Indesign tables?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base