1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password protect an ebook

I was disappointed after I spent many hours creating an online ebook tutorial to sell to our customers when I discovered there is no way to password protect an ebook. Please consider adding this feature.

Thanks

Kathleen Nash

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. publishing online

can publishing online stats go back to showing the individual read numbers in the list of publications instead of the new system where you have to click on each publication to see the reads??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicate spreads/pages must merged with Move Spreads/pages and provide a dialog instead of dropping duplicates in the end of the current do

The pages, duplicated through "duplicate page menu" are placed after the last page, which is usually the last page of the cover. They aren't needed there. Frankly speaking they are needed elsewhere. The duplicated spread should provide a dialog similar to moving page with the same options. That why it is user friendly to merge those options in one dialog.

Even the current implementation of the move dialog would work if the option to keep the moved pages was awailable for the current document. I don't understand why it was blended out in the first place.

The dialog must be…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create the condition from a list of paragraphs/character styles

Ability to create the new condition form a list of paragraph style or character styles
    I would improve the ability to search on more than 1 paragraph/character style at once.

Sometimes you have to search more than one style – rather than go through each style at once, the ability to create a condition to select a range of styles would be useful.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the inconsistency of the text wrap from Indesign to Incopy - we randomly get where the text wrap is lost in InCopy.

Fix the problem with InCopy dropping the text wrap. So irritating - this needs to get fixed!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stroke styles

Allow us to create and name custom Stroke Styles. These would be in addition to Object Styles.

Stroke Styles could be used to specify a custom underline, strikethrough, or paragraph rule. Stroke Styles could also be applied to paths and called by Object Styles.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Advanced HTML5 export camparable to FrameMaker

I need an HTML5 export comparable to FrameMaker: I need all these options and even more. One of the most important one is splitting of HTML pages and automatic creation of a navigation structure based on these headings.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hyperlinks from word

It would be good/wonderful, if the hyperlinks from a word document would import like the endnotes and footnotes. Right now it takes a lot of my time to enter them manually in long documents. When you have approximately 10-15 hyperlinks per page in a 60 pages documents it takes too much times...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow file paths to be copied from the Missing Images pop-up window

1. When creating a Merged Document using Data Merge, InDesign displays a pop-up window if it detects any images missing from the Data Source. The Missing Images pop-up window lists the file paths of the missing images. In older versions of InDesign, the file paths could be copied directly from the pop-up window. This is no longer possible with the latest version of InDesign.

2. Being able to copy lists of missing image paths directly from the Missing Images pop-up window is valuable to me because I frequently use Data Merge to make merged documents containing tens of thousands of images. My…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom stroke styles, that can be shared with Illustrator (and vice versa)

Stroke styles like those of Illustrator, where the library and styles can be created in either and shared between both programs

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. InCopy - Give more pdf options in InCopy (pdf presets available)

It would be very helpful if the pdf preset options exist also in InCopy. Here, it is the Incopy user who creates and sends the pdfs for corrections (after his last adaptations). The options in InCopy are very poor…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Endnote citation order

Looking to expand the scope of endnotes and footnote to include multiple stories in a document so that the citation order follows reference where it falls on the page, not just a single story.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multiple Cursor-Positioning

Multiple positioning of the cursor so multiple lines can be edited at the same time

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. color labels onto style-groups

I would appreciate to have the possibility giving colors to style groups. Like the layer-labels in Photoshop. If you have many styles, you would have a better optical separation.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. InCopy mobile?

It’s weird, but I hate to write while sitting at a desktop. I would love to be able to curl up on my couch (or at a coffee shop, or on my porch) to write and then sync the text I just wrote into a library to import into InDesign on my desktop.

I think an Adobe mobile text editor could be a lightweight and flexible solution that accomodates us tempermental writers!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow set Style Override Highlighter as red stroke instead of blue background color so that it does not obscure style highlighting

Style Override Highlighter's appearance (blue background) conflicts with the still existing feature of highlighting styles with different colors, in order to visually identify what parts of the text use what style, accessible via scripts such as Stylighter (http://www.indiscripts.com/post/2013/11/stylighter-1-4-for-indesign-cs4-cs5-cs6-cc).

Being able to set it back to red stroke over text instead of a background color, as it was before the Style Override Highlighter button was officially added, would allow to see at the same time the style being used (by the color of the background) and whether it had overrides (by the presence of a red stroke). That was…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. (InCopy) Include "document fonts" when packaging for InCopy

It would be great, if the fonts could be included in a Package for InCopy.
    We often send a InCopy package for external corrections. They need the fonts to do their job properly.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the ability to 'warp' live text

We do the vast majority of our designing in InDesign, so having to go to Illustrator to manipulate text is quite a disconnect to the workflow.

Unless you take the entire layout to Illustrator it is hard to get the text 'warp' accurate to your layout. It involves too much trial and error jumping between the programmes.

We know Illustrator is very capable, but so is InDesign. In fact some of the vector drawing tools in InDesign are far better designed than Illustrators equaivalents - so much so that it is often easier to create artwork entirely in InDesign.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Kerning Editor (with individual margin alignment options)

A Kerning Editor would fit nicely into the kerning feature, which allows to choose between optical, metrical kerning. The user would define his own kerning names.
    The Kerning Editor has a GUI which allows the user to define his own kerning pairs which override the metrical ones defined in the font's kerning tables. There I can load the metrical kerning or the optical kerning as a start for my individual kerning.
    Furthermore the new Kerning Editor has two more tokens/glyphs to kern with: the left and the right margin of a text frame. So the user can define his own…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatic page addition or subtraction when links are updated

Dear Team,

My organization uses InDesign to compile our tender documents which vary from about 200 pages to 3000 pages in pdf format. These documents tend to change in terms of the number of pages with each tender. It would save a lot of time if InDesign would check for the new page numbers and add or remove the pages accordingly when updating links. Currently if I update my pdf file to have a few more pages, InDesign does not recognize the extra pages and therefore excludes them all together. I have to manually add the pages which is time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base