1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't open menu after pressing Alt for zoom

Pressing Alt on Windows brings focus to the top menu and pressing a following letter is interpreted as an access key, opening a menu. This in itself is good for accessibility and productivity.

However, in InDesign Alt is also pressed to zoom with the scroll view. I very often press W to toggle preview mode and very, very often press Alt to zoom. Several times an hour the Window menu flies open due to me pressing W after Alt has been pressed.

I suggest scrolling should move focus away from the top menu. This allows you to still use Alt…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the possibility to set cell/line/row height and width in tableformats

We have a lot of tables in our brochures which have to fit in the grid.

It would save a lot of time if I could set, at least, the height of a line as a standard in the table format.

At the moment I have select every table and enter the value. If cells are connected in a row, you have to disconnect them to set the height value. Not very comfortable.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Inline footnotes and multi-column footnotes in a single-column story

Add Inline footnotes and multi-column footnotes in a single-column story.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. synchronized scroll of two files

synchronized scroll of two or more opened files.
    if I scroll the page if i checked the "synchronized scroll" flag the second document scroll with the first document.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. touch bar support

I've been using the touch bar of my MacBook Pro for a lot of things, including Photoshop. As I am mainly using Indesign in my everyday work, it would be great to have touch bar support, for instance for applying paragraph styles to texts.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow password protection on published documents

Separating this from hosted service, because I suspect moving to a hosted service is a bit more complicated. Having password protection would help folks monetize published documents and be a step toward security.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize toolbar

Let user customize toolbar with ability to remove less frequently used tools or rearrange order of tools. Maybe under preferences?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Zoom in on a tiny area faster

Used to be able to zoom in on a small area by holding command/space and scrolling over a small area and it would then display that small area without have to drag mouse to get that area to enlarge

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow default stroke alignment to be "Inside" even if default stroke is zero

I want to set the default stroke weight to Zero and the alignment to Inside. You can't do this. If you set default weight to Zero the default alignment setting is grayed out. So every time I have to add a stroke to a box I have to change the stroke alignment or it increases the size of the box. (If the default stroke weight is anything other than zero you CAN set the default alignment. Setting the alignment and then changing the stroke back to zero doesn't work. The default of Center returns.)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ruler guide color should be an inline feature in the tool panel

Changing ruler guide colors requires too many steps (Layout > Ruler Guides > Change color > Ok). When a guide is selected, guide color should be (also) configurable in the tool panel. This would make it feel a lot more 'instant'.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export as TIFF

Some applications often request TIFF files. Especially, when the file size exceeds PDF dimensions. The work around of export to a PDF and then to a TIFF does not work in these situations.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a Search field to the Scripts panel!

I have A LOT of scripts. I try to organize them by folders, but I still waste time looking for the right script. A SEARCH field, like in the Fonts panel, would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please increase the MAX page size to above 14400 pixels (20")

Pdf can support page sizes up to miles long or wide.... (although this is slightly absurd, but yes, MILES long!) but if you create a large page in InDesign you are met with a lovely error message when you come to export. Larger page sizes would be beneficial for lots of reasons, app prototyping, print, really long articles and pictures of Giraffes ;-)

Seriously though, please oh wise Adobe can you increase this limitation to a more reasonable number, Thank-you.

Bob

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PDF Export improvement

Great news that it is now possible to export multi page file as separate PDFs. However that automatically created (not optional) subfolder is unnecessary.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Expand Publish Online function to work with InDesign book documents as well as individual documents.

Need to be able to use the Publish Online function for an entire book, instead of just for individual chapters.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. InDesign CC needs an easy plug in to export to MOBI file for Kindle readers like there was in past versions.

Past versions of InDesign had option to a third party plugin (KindlePluginForAdobeInDesign) that doesn't work with CC. This plugin was very useful in creating MOBI files from book layouts done in InDesign. Going from EPUB to MOBI doesn't seem to work. Please include this plugin for InDesign CC and make book designer lives easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove trailing whitespace removes carriage return before a table

Grep remove trailing whitespace also removes carriage return before a table. This should not happen but rather table should be seen as a separate paragraph item.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Password protect PDF export presets

Please allow users to password protect PDF-export settings, preventing unauthorized changes. Read/View only acces should be possible

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add global level or book level text variables.

It would be nice to have book level text variable(s) that is used in documents in that book.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 4K screens

Stop redimensioning the user interface, please. I've got a 15,6" 3840x2160 screen, everything is so little. Last update proportions were good.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base