1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Navigation pane

A navigation pane(Section links) that allows quick navigation between document sections

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Type scaling

I'd like to see a type scaling feature added to paragraph styles. When the project allows it I prefer to set up a "body" style and then base most of my copy styles on this one. Currently I make different header styles proportionally larger but if I ever need to change my body copy size I have to go back and change all the other head styles to match. It would be nice to set body to 10pt for instance, then set head 1 to 150% and head 2 to 125%. This would make head 1 15pt in reality and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Round corners should not be quarter circles connected with lines.

The eye will spot the connection points so these points need extra care.
    Adobe should study how Apple shaved off these points on the icons in the iOS. System iOS 6 had the round-corner-fault but in iOS 7 the shape is much better.
    I wish Adobe could give us tools to control the round corners, to shave off these connections points. Old Freehand had this feature. Please bring it back to Illustrator and InDesign.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Layer nesting facility

The ability to nest layers within layers would be lovely. See image attached - it's a point of sale artwork example which has Adidas shoes and Nike shoes on separate layers with sub-layers for the prices and images - it has a common background on a separate layer. I'd like to be able to nest the 'image' and 'price' folders within each brand folder - this would really help negotiate files can contain up to 20 different brand folders .

Thanks in advance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix the Error 0 issue (Can't Save Document)

Please fix the Error 0 issue! I've just worked for 6 hours tonight to just be told that it can't save the document - 6 HOURS WASTED! I'm getting hacked off with this as it's not the first time it's happened.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dual Screen Modal Support

Dual Screen Modal Support.

It's frustrating that apps that are so frequently updated miss the blindingly obvious.

How about real dual screen support for your modal UI.

This is the case across Photoshop and Indesign (most likely, several other products).

In this screen capture - the cursor is selected on 'tint' on a second monitor (right hand side) slide lever is on a different monitor, on the left.

Pretty frustrating, what's the point of having dual monitors, if your software doesn't support such a basic fundamental.

Regards, Paul.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Load query option

Add a load (GREP or Text) query option with save and delete in the Find/Change window to load query from anywhere in computer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "Square" and "Cirlce" to the [Object>>Convert Shape] menu options

I use Object >> Convert Shape a lot. But with the existing options, if I want to convert to a square/circle I have to first convert to a rectangle/ellipse, then manually enter width and height dimensions to make them equal. Would be nice to skip that step and just have direct option to convert to square/circle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Complex spread layout and spread containing 10+ pages

We do a lot of large format printing. In some cases we have large displays arranged in rows and columns. Unfortunately it's not possible to arrange pages of a spread in rows and columns like in Illustrator.
    I could create a large page and freely arrange smaller pages inside the large page, but that's very limited, because all pages need to be part of the same spread—and spreads itself are limited to 10 pages.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dictionnaire français réforme 2016 nouvelle orthographe

dictionnaire avec les nouvelles règles d'orthographe française suite à la réforme 2016

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make style name indentations smaller

Lot's of unnecessary whitespace, requires wider than necessary panel widths on smaller screens.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Timestamp for jobs in general

It would be cool if the Adobe programs could timestamp the work you do.
    So that you could see how much time you use on a project.
    There could be variables like if mouse movement and keyboard is inactive in x seconds, the time stops.
    And even cooler if the jobs (ai, psd, indd) in a folder could be collected in an overall calculation of time used.
    That way, you could tell the customer or your boss, that this jobs was done in 3 hours 32 minutes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Selectable Document Font Folder

I've been waiting for a long time for the Document-font folder to be out of sync with the Indesign document. One should be able to determine the place itself.
    If I have many Indesign Docs (in campaigns sometimes several hundred) I have to either install the fonts or just in any folder where an Indesign Doc is located in a document font folder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. InCopy Autoflowing Text takes forever (a long time)

i use InCopy as a notes app since 2015. the file i write on is now almost 5 mb big. and i noticed that over the years it takes longer and longer for incopy to open my document. and it is because of "Autoflowing Text" i do not even know what it is and i can't even google it. But it takes so long. what i have been doing over the years is that i just wait for it to finish. But now i am trying to find a setting in preferences to turn it off whatever it is so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Relinking manually? Why?

Why make the user search each image individually to relink? For some reason, some images are losing their links when the files have been in the same location on my hard drive for years. When this happens I have to go search the file name and relink manually. There has to be a very easy way to automate this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ruler guide color should be an inline feature in the tool panel

Changing ruler guide colors requires too many steps (Layout > Ruler Guides > Change color > Ok). When a guide is selected, guide color should be (also) configurable in the tool panel. This would make it feel a lot more 'instant'.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to preselect row and column guide color when using 'Create Guides'

When you now create guides using the 'Create Guides' function, all guides are default guide color. You need to manually select the guides again / individually to change the guide color. It would make a lot more sense to have the guide color-dropdown present in the 'Create Guides'-window (one for rows, one for columns). This would play nicely with my other open feature requests considering ruler guides.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why does it take so long to launch program now!!!

Why does it take so long to launch programs now!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. custom tracking/kerning display option (Preferences/Composition) could show varying degrees of shading

it seems to me that a previous version of ID had this feature: under Preferences/Composition, when "custom tracking/kerning" was selected, the paragraph shading was of different degrees (lighter to darker) depending on the tracking level selected

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base