1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Traditional Book Focus

I write long traditional books with hundreds of black and white text pages. Adobe's focus as a graphics company may be why it misses some important issues for people like me. Editing hundreds of pages of text and incorporating feedback is extremely difficult.

To accomplish this I have to get the full layout correct with many chapters all in individual files and then create a PDF version of the book. of course, when viewed two up the pages don' align properly if I don't insert a blank page as the first page using DC. Simple fix, give me a proofing…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back ExtendScipt Toolkit for High Sierra and InDesign CC 2018.

Bring back ExtendScipt Toolkit for High Sierra and InDesign CC 2018. The older version of ExtendScript works but the newer does not work. What is the reason for discontinuing ExtendScripts Toolkit? I have 12 designers with a subscription for each one of them and 6 of those designers rely on ExtendScript Toolkit for one of their workflows.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CS6 future use

32-bit CS6 InDesign works with High Sierra, though with some minor irritations. It will not work at all once Mac goes over solely to 64-bit. It is disgraceful that Adobe tries to make one go over to subscription-only CC. I for one, and I am sure I am not the only one, want nothing to do with a cloud-based subscription, with which you lose access to your own work if you stop paying the sub. For this reason, in preparation for the future, I have just bought 64-bit non-subscription QuarkXpress, at a roughly half-price offer for such as InDesign users…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Packaging links without duplicating them

When packaging a job it would be great if InDesign could move rather than duplicate links to a collected folder.

Currently after packaging a job for print and archiving I then go and delete the original files as I only need the one set. However it takes a while to sort through what I need to keep i.e. alternative images and layered images which I may need for future jobs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hyperlink to open a file in server doesn't work

Hi
    Here's my problem.
    I try to make a pdf with hyperlinks that lead to some files. (Jpg,doc,xlsx...)
    Those files are on a server shared by all my colleagues.
    But the link never work in the pdf.
    Acrobat or other pdf reader try to connect to internet instead of opening the files. whatever the option i choose in the hyperlink pannel, i see that indesign add url=http before my link.
    Anyone know how we could fix that bug ???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. asset managers for images

Have an option to directly import from desktop to CC libraries images (jpg, etc.) to have them ready available to insert into the document. As well have an oversight of which images/graphic have been already used in the document.

This would facilitate creation of photo-books, catalogues, encyclopaedias, etc. Any sort of document where certain assets are to be used, especially when multiple similar assets are available and they have to be chosen according to the rest of the layout

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Discontiguous selection of rows and columns

Being able to select rows and columns that are not adjacent to one another would useful to me. For example, one would like to select columns 1 to 3 and 5 to 7, leaving column 4 unselected.

Often I need to adjust the width of some columns or the height of some rows, leaving others in the middle of the table unadjusted. One instance is when I use a blank column or row to separate groups of data; another is when several discontiguous columns have much longer labels than other columns.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Find all except this Paragraph or Character Style

Add an option in (Find Format) tab of Find/Change window, We can exclude one or more style from search. For instance, find question mark in all styles, except (Body Copy Style).
    Instead of repeating the query for each style.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple Value Storage in under 'Align: Distribute Spacing'

Rather than only having one "use spacing" option under Align: Distribute Spacing, it would be fantastic if there could be multiple values - selectable in the same way as they are now (with a checkbox).

I find myself constantly having to override the value in the "use spacing" box but only going back and forth between two options (1p0 and 2p0). It's all for a rather complicated publication that is a weekly task (and occupies a few days per week) but find myself wishing I had the same option for most other projects I work on.

It's minor, but would…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow upload of separate PDF

It would be nice if we could choose the PDF to be available for users to download. Sometimes interactivity creates pages that don't look good in PDFs. Sometimes companies simply have different PDFs they'd like to be downloaded.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. YAML and JSON

I don't know if this should go into the scripting category.

But could you please extent InDesign's capability or range when it comes to import or process data files, using structured data and Data Merge etc.

From only accepting CSV files to also accept, JSON and YAML

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Snap Tabs to document grid / Distribute Tabs

I think it would be great when setting Tabs, this would snap to the document grid. Saves a lot of time in contrast to setting each tab numerically.
    Another great addition would be the possibility to Distribute tabs. Comes in handy with imported text where sequential standard tabs were used.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Consistent arrowhead styles

It would be helpful to have the same arrowhead options available for InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Sometimes I need to quickly create a legend in InDesign to match a diagram create in Illustrator, but the options for arrowhead styles are limited/different.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. One click page border keyline in the print dialog.

Sometimes when printing something you want to see where the trim edge is with a keyline. Currently you have to manually put a box with keyline on every page to achieve this.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add More Styles to CC Libraries

We'd like to be able to add more styles to the CC Library, i.e. object styles and cell styles. This would be helpful when collaborating on a project.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. data merge multiple records: right to left

A right to left option when putting multiple records per page. Useful when printing backs of tags, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disable Endnotes on Word Import

The new endnote feature in InDesign 2018 might be an improvement in some cases, but in the case of complex layouts with a lot of unlinked text frames within a same piece (magazine layouts) it is really not intuitive or helpful.
    There should be an option for the user to disable it when he judges it useful, rather than to be forced to work around it.
    Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Smart hyphenation

A great feature would be if InDesign could add hyphenation rules automatically when when using discretionary hyphens. A pop-up window that asks if you want this word to hyphenate on every instance of the word where you insert the hyphen the first time. I find it a bit too tedious to make new H-rules for every word. This is very relevant for non-english languages where the the pre-defined H-rules isn't very good. There is probably better ways to to this, but I think its time InDesign's hyphenation feature get a little bit smarter.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base