When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have InDesign remember the size of its application window from last time used

Have InDesign remember the size of its application window from when it was last used and have it open in that same size the next time used. Illustrator and Photoshop already do this...

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. action recorder for indesign, as it is in Photoshop.

action recorder for indesign, as it is in Photoshop. Would be very useful

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. End-notes and Footnotes URLS

I do a lot of books for Print and digital (pdf and ePub). End-notes have always been a problem, even now that Indesign supports End-notes.

For PDF and ePub export , in order to have the end-note reference clickable to redirect the user to it's corresponding end-note, then a link back again, I have to do this manually.

This is a massive manual process...

1. Let's say I have 100 end-notes. With each end-note reference, I have to place a new 'Hyperlink Destination' (for the return link)... That's going through the document, and placing 100 hyperlink destinations.

2. Then, I…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Graph

A graph creating option, similar to one on Illustrator.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. InDesign, and all other CC apps, should be ported to Linux

Linux is more efficient and secure than Windows or macOS. It also often has greater hardware compatibility and resource management, which would be useful when dealing with large projects.

This would be valuable for many users seeking to get the most out of their hardware, or who work with 3D rendering tools best suited to Linux setups.

Adobe already has a Unix base with the macOS version - surely a Linux version isn't too much of a head-scratcher for the devs.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notify us of bugs while they are being fixed.

When you have a bug, it would be nice to get a notice. I just spent an hour trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with the dictionary. Finally got in a chat and realized I wasn't doing anything wrong.

It's fine you have bugs. It's amazing what the software does. I don't mind not using a feature while the bug gets fixed. It would, though, save me time and frustration to know that you're working on it and I should relax and wait.

Thank you!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How to package a single page.

It's really inconvenient that I can't package a single page. I have to duplicate and delete the rest of page before I sent others.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. find/replace should show element in middle of the screen

find/replace should show element in middle of the screen

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When creating a QR Code in InDesign, Allow User to select VCARD Version

We are having issues with the QR Code generator due to its 2.1 version of the VCARD. Not all readers and phones interpret that correctly, resulting in parsing errors depending on the scanner software used. It would be useful to allow the user to select which VCARD standard they want to use, such as VCARD 2.1, 3.0, 4.0, etc. This will create the metadata to be compatible with more current versions of scanning software. Not sure if version 2.1 is deprecated, but it's not always supported anymore (e.g. RedLaser, etc) causing parsing issues on the address line with iOS as…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. EXPORT JPG NAMED BY PAGE SIZE

Dear Adobe,
    it would be very usefull if we could export jpgs from indd. file (contains different page sizes, 1200x628, 760x600, etc..) named by different page sizes like you did with export PDF files.
    Thank you

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Select objects with similar stroke and/or fill color

Please add feature to select objects with similar stroke and/or fill color.

This has already been in Illustrator for quite awhile (to my knowledge). This would be good feature to have in InDesign also.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shared files in Dropbox should alert other file users if the file is open

My team is trying to collaborate cross-country on a set of InDesign files using Dropbox.

This is difficult because the InDesign files don't notify users when someone is in the same file when it's stored in Dropbox. This makes our team more likely to have divergent copies, and it makes it harder for us to collaborate.

Word files in Dropbox do let you know when someone else is in the file. It would be a major improvement if the InDesign files would also alert users when someone else is in the file when its stored in Dropbox.

Alternatively, if Adobe…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. XML Enhancements

InDesign is having huge XML limitations, even we cannot handle below mentioned basic options:

(1) Find and Replace the XML Tags with / without Parent XML Tags
    (2) Find and Replace the XML Attributes based on the selected XML Tags
    (3) Converting the selected contents in InDesign into XML Comments
    (4) Copy and paste the contents directly in InDesign from any XML editors without losing XML Tags and XML Attributes
    (5) Show all selected XML Tags with relevant page numbers with link to locate the contents

Much more…

If Adobe is start thinking on improving / breaking these requirements, will…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove hyperlink:

Remove hyperlink: There is no simple convenient way to remove a hyperlink. When you check, you find, "Edit Hyperlink" or "Go to destination". So, you go to "Edit" and find the hyperlink field, with the only option to delete the hyperlink being the word/letter info of the link that's in the entire field. But then it won't let you do that, saying: "! Invalid Entry". So, you have to reenter the text you had hyperlinked, then delete the text with the hyperlink. Please add a menu line, in both "Text-Hyperlink" and right-mouse-button "Hyperlink" that says and does "Remove Hyperlink", along…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have InDesign CC 2019, when you select a Hyperlink and look in the Properties panel, you will see 3 buttons – ‘Remove Hyperlink’, ‘Edit Hyperlink’ and ‘Manage Hyperlink’.
    Remove Hyperlink does what it says – it removes the hyperlink. However, it retains the applied Character Style which can be manually changed by clicking the [None] style in the panel.
    Manage Hyperlink opens the Hyperlinks panel (if it’s closed) and Edit Hyperlink lets you edit it.

Hope this helps.

Adobe InDesign team

15. Index / Table of Contents

When creating an Index, you are limited to populate ONLY one Index style format. MS Word, it is greatly inferior program, and yet you can create a General Index, a Index of Cases and Index of Figures. Indesign is the leading industry program for designers and writers, NOT MS word.

What happens if have lots of illustrations, data tables graphs and flowcharts all numbered accordingly. For example, an illustration (Figure 20 or Table 7), maybe on page 40, but there are 40 mentions throughout the document. Thus, in Indesign, you can not create a proper index list every page number…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Zoom possible in presentation mode

In presentation mode (Shift + W) the page will scaled to the screen-size. It#s bad, especially if the layout/page is very small. It would be great if I can zoom to 100% (cmd + 1) in presentation mode!!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Live link Microsoft word documents when placed in InDesign

When working with lots of teams and writers in our organisation. the constant issue we run into is only a select group of people have InDesign and the experience to operate the files. If there was a way when placing word documents were linked into InDesign, this would allow for a much more fluid workflow when there are a lot of edits.

I am sure there are many limitations to this, but finding some sort of solution could make a big difference to creating quality documents that will allow non indesign users access. InCopy is not a viable option in…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove Adobe Stock ads

There is an ad for Adobe Stock at the bottom of the open/new document window. Since we have a paid subscription , I don't want to see any ads. If not, I'll move us to another product. The constant appearance makes it seem as though Adobe is only concerned about increasing revenue and not about helping users or aiding in their experience. This area could be used for InDesign tips and tricks.

By the way, I was told this was a feature, but it's a paid feature that I don't want or need to see, since we'll never use this…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Isolation mode for InDesign

Create an "Isolation mode" for a group InDesign, working like in Illustrator.

Once in isolation mode, only the items in the group are editable. You can select easily multiple items in the Group without touching other items.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CMYK to RGB export should always translate 100K to RGB 0,0,0

As per the title, when working with a CMYK document with 100K blacks, when exporting to RGB, these should always get translated to RGB 0,0,0 - regardless of what Printing/Exporting setting is used in the Appearance of Black preference menu.

Right now, when exporting a CMYK document to RGB (regardless of whether you use PDF, PNG or JPG), if your Appearance to Black Print/Export setting is set to "Output All Blacks Accurately", you will end up with incorrect black levels. What really should be RGB 0,0,0 ends up being RGB 35,31,32 or so. This is true even when working with…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base