2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

734 results found

1. show last time saved in closing pop-up

I forget sometimes when the last time I saved a document I have open, and when I go to close it, it asks, Save/Don't Save/Cancel. I wish it said a time stamp of the last time it was saved so I don't have to save it if I already saved it 5 mins ago and didn't really make any worthy changes. Yes I could just look at the file info in the finder, just seems like a simple thing to add to save some time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Annoying new InDesign CC behavior 5/2018....

When replacing text by highlighting the text and then typing new text, InDesign misses the first letter of new typing, every time. I'm sure it was not always this way. It is annoying, to say the least, and could easily lead to typographical errors from words missing their initial letters, if it does not get caught. No other software that I use works this way. Please look into this bug!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adding to Library

Adding to Library, when you add a object instead of it been called it “untitled” and going to U in the list,. I would like it to be first and ready to be named.
    thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Endnotes placement needs to be adjusted

The way books work is that the notes to a chapter fall immediately after the end of the text, not on a new page. Please change this feature so that we can force the notes to a new page if that's how we want them, but they normally fall after the end of the text. Other than that, the dynamic endnotes feature will be nice when someone decides to add or delete notes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Load query option

Add a load (GREP or Text) query option with save and delete in the Find/Change window to load query from anywhere in computer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Deleting guides

This might be a bug. If a layer is locked or guides are locked I can't delete all of them. Say I use the Layers>Create Guides and I select remove existing guides, nothing will happen if guides are locked or the layer they are on is locked. Same with the View> Guides and Grids> Delete All Guides on Spread. I can see why this would happen as you might not want to delete every guide sometimes but it contradicts what the option says and becomes annoying.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fax Number included in QR Code Generator Business Card Template

When using the QR Generator and Business Card Template you have no option for "Fax Number" Yes people still use these mystical relics and want them as part of their QR so it can populate a V-Card when scanned...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option: make subsection headers not persist beyond their ends.

For text variables for running headers/footers, the default behavior is as described in the help: "If there is no occurrence of the style on the page, the previous occurrence of the applied style is used." Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but if you are using headers or footers for both sections and subsections, and some sections have subsections and some don't, then you get a header with the name of a subsection many pages back, even though it's not on the page. Having an option to turn off this persistence would make this feature work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allowing the Data Merge feature to tile pages for final Print or PDF.

Allowing the Data Merge feature to tile documents for Print or PDF. I would love to take my 8.5 x 11" , file with one image and some copy being pulled from a data source to be able to print or PDF right from the data merge dialog box and specify to place 4 or more up on a page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Layer Name to the options under Type/Text Variable/Insert Variable

We create a base version and save that as the file name, which we can add to our slug line as Inserted Text, then we have multiple versions which we have to manually add to the slug line before we release proofs to the client. Having the layer inserted into the slug line would be a great improvement to time/accuracy .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow placement of AI files without PDF compatability.

Currently, with a workflow that includes placing AI file into indesign, the AI files must be saved with PDF compatability turned on. This not only embeds all linked assets inside the AI file, but duplicates all the artwork as well making the file size of the saved AI file much much larger.

This request is to allow INDD to place native AI files without an embedded PDF copy of all the artwork and without links embedded. If we could do this, we'd literally save half our storage space if not more due to all the duplication of links and artwork…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow saving to previous version format

I upgraded from CC2017 to CC2018 (hoping it would fix some issues I've submitted elsewhere) not realizing that my co-workers who are still on CC2017 would then not be able to open my .indd files. Saving as .idml is a really, really suboptimal solution. I know other software I've had allows you to save in previous versions' formats; why can't you? Also, it would have been nice to know this would happen before I upgraded...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Previously saved versions of a document

It would be very helpfull if InDesign stored a log of previously saved versions of one particualr document. For example, if I have worked on a file for multiple weeks and oversaved all of the changes that were made to the document, but then suddenly the client wanted to have some of the changes undone I could easily find the version where those changes hadn't been done. That would save the hassle of saving multiple documents or whole buch of additional pages inside the document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. cross references: character styles and case

At present, a cross reference takes its case from the destination. If I have used small caps for the destination style, but am referencing it from within text, I want to capitalise the term, but the cross reference takes its case from the destination, not the typed text.

To get what I want I have to cause a problem for the cross reference (yellow triangle with exclamation mark) and manually fix the capital start letter, or use hyperlinks and text anchor – a two-step action making a destination and hypherlink that cross referencing was supposed to fix.

It would save…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Redirect links when file name changes.

Like a website that uses redirection for old pages, it would be nice to have a way to redirect InDesign links to new links. For example, when a file name changes due to a version number, date, or whatever.

the way I imagine it working is leaving a txt file behind with the old asset's name that has the new assets name within it. (maybe there is a better way to do this)

that way, when assets change names, InDesign checks the txt file and looks in the new directory or for the new link before marking it as a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please Integrate with photoshop.

Im having a nightmare trying to open Indesign files in to photoshop, keeping layers. One can think that it would be more natural, because thay are both design programs made by the same company. In practice it seems to be impossible. Please I need to be able to do it somehow. Any clues?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Layers panel addressing one page at a time (even with spreads) for 508 compliancy

My agency has to do a lot of remediation to our files to meet accessibility requirements. Currently we use the layers panel to arrange objects on the page so that the reading order makes sense when the PDFs are read using assistive software. With files set up in spreads, all items on the spread are considered in the reading order despite the final PDF being output as single pages. It would be nice if the layers panel could be configured to address one page at a time (vs. two pages, as it is now). For simple projects, the spread approach…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Buttons and Forms Panel

It would be a great option to enlarge the Buttons and Forms panel. It is so small. I make a lot of fillable forms and use this panel often. Please make it larger.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let hyperlinks open in a new tab.

I was trying to work out how to set InDesign hyperlinks to open a new tab in a browser. I have learned this is not a feature that is in InDesign.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Integrate Adobe Express/Canva-like features into Indesign

So Adobe Indesign has some BASIC animations and I feel this is a completely missed opportunity on Adobe's behalf. Apps like Canva have been spreading like wildfire for years and while Adobe has released Express it is a poor cousin. The idea behind Express/Canva is to have an easy-to-create, templated video/animated solution for social media (which let's face it, is mostly video now), yet as a very heavy InDesign user I should be able to animate and export these animations while also taking advantage of the powerful mail merge (text, images, and it really needs to also have swatches), bulk…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base