1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

733 results found

1. Indexing by paragraph style...like TOC feature.

Useful for creating a roster for a large group. You would be able to create an index by paragraph style, like the functionality of Table of Contents, except that the same name on different pages wouldn't create a new entry.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Changing the Appearance in Properties Panel

In Properties Panel under "Appearance," there's a box with a "T" in it. Only when you click the box do "Color", Swatches" and "Gradient" appear. It would make more sense to have them on the right side of "Fill" so that they are visible.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adobe could help improve the remote production work flow for small publishing operations

Greetings.

I LOVE the Adobe Cloud suite. The only thing that's missing from the apps, which surprises me, is some sort of collaborative, drag-and-drop flatplanner capability, to tie in ads with magazine/publication production. I know subscription platforms exist, the likes of AdSalesGenius, but such a platform is way beyond our budget. We are a small-time operation with a small team.

Can't you develop an app or script that enables us to easily view the pages of our publications that are in production so we can see the updated content? Seems to me that would be an easy and natural integration…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Import mobile app Illustrator file directly into InDesign without needing to download or export first

I'd like to be able to place Illustrator mobile app files directly into InDesign, as opposed to exporting them or downloading them first.

I often place desktop Illustrator files into InDesign, therefore any changes I make in the Illustrator file I can update from the Links panel in InDesign ('update link'). However, I don't have this option with mobile app Illustrator files.

I understand I can download the files from my Adobe account, or export the files into jpeg/png etc. But I don't want this for two reasons:
    1- It's an extra step in my workflow
    2- I can't make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. InDesign and other CS programs

Although I encountered a few surprises when using InDesign or could imagine new functionalities, I still think, that InDesign is more convenient to handle than Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and CameraRaw. I just present here two commented screenshots to encourage Adobe for a more "unifying hand" bewtween these programs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How could you find all the Quickbooks Softwares at a single place?

Quickbooks Tool Hub is the key to find out all the accounting softwares related to Quickbooks in a single place. This will provide you the access with all the tools of the Quickbooks company and makes your work easier.
    You can get it easily by getting to this link- https://quickbookstoolhub.com.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign

Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign with all fields available as Acrobat Pro and be able to live test the form and make changes within InDesign rather than having to export the PDF each time to test the form.

I make forms for clients and it gets very annoying when I set up hundreds of fields in InDesign and finalise a form and a client sees a typo so I have to go back in InDesign and make the fix and then re-export the file and add other fields again to it.

Would also like a feature with…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Font retirement notifications in app

Really need to start giving us more warning about fonts being retired from fonts.adobe.com. Only having those notifications live on the website is useless - it should be optionally flagged whenever you open a document that's going to be affected.

I mean, ideally, sign generous enough long term deals that they don't disappear off the platform and induce no end of headaches but at least warn us in context!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export XMP metadata with exported JPG and PNG images

Currently, when you select a single placed image, and choose File > Export and export the selection as a JPG or PNG, any metadata that is present in the image (keywords, description, etc) does not appear in the exported image.

What I would like is that if a single image is selected to export, that InDesign would retain all the XMP metadata (or at least the keywords) applied to the image when the image is exported.

The reason this would be useful is that sometimes users will crop and scale an image in InDesign, and then want to export the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Split screen view

I use comments from PDFs to update work I do in InDesign. Split view on the Mac is the ideal scenario.
    Acrobat Pro DC allows split screen.
    InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (CC 2019) do not.

What's up with that??? Come on Adobe. You're better than that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Place a video from a URL with https

The window for "Place a video from a URL" will not accept a safe HTTPS link (only http). Thus when I publish it, the browser throws a warning asking if I trust the content. Extremely silly bug in this age of security issues.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Imposition of file for printing

Hi, Can we expect option for imposition of file for printing, like small artwork in multiple ups in printing size, pagination for center pinning/section sewing etc, with bleed & other option, so we can save time of using third party software or imposing in printer.

Thank you :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support for Mac Number

It would be nice if data fusion also worked with Mac Numbers without the need to export to an Excel format. It would greatly improve workflow for Numbers users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Interactive Form Fields need to be fully editable (i.e. Color, paragraph styles, Sample Text)

When exporting an Interactive PDF from InDesign, we still need to be able to assign Colors and Paragraph Styles AND retain the FPO copy we have typeset in the Text box.

For example, in my attached screenshot, when I choose to export as an Interactive PDF, I need to see all of the copy within the box show up exactly as shown. I have it set up so that it still feels slightly designed (despite being a form) and worded so that the client can follow along and replace certain parts with specific language. Right now upon export, this copy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow special characters to be added in front of note number when importing footnotes (e.g., tabs).

The "prefix" option for "document footnote options" should allow that, but only permits the few options in the pulldown menu. We should be able to insert any character before or after the footnote text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a preference option to allow InDesign to give you PDF import options when you drag a PDF into an open InDesign window

When you drag a PDF into InDesign, it only loads the cursor with the first page of the PDF. In order to load multiple pages or specific pages of a PDF, you need to place the PDF and tick the box to show PDF import options.

Would be nice to have a preference to turn on so that when you drag in a multiple page PDF into an open ID window, it pops up those PDF import options dialogue box automatically. Of course, if it's just a single page PDF, it will just load the single page into the cursor.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Text form field with several columns

In the case of a text form field, text areas that extend over several columns are automatically recognised and can also be continued in the form.

Good for the following use case: If templates are created where the text is displayed in columns, it would be good if the form fields could also be linked together. So that the maximum number of characters is automatically distributed over the specified number of columns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Interactive text field options that do not exist in InDesign, but do in Acrobat.

I make a ton of interactive PDFs in InDesign. Why can I not set things like character limits or centered text within InDesign so I can save the settings in the .indd file? Instead, I am forced to make these changes in Acrobat. This means that any changes to the .indd file require that I remake the PDF format changes in Acrobat. EVERY TIME!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export to image file with naming option to include artboard

Why, when you can do this in other Adobe products, it does not exist in the LAYOUT software?????????

HOW IS THIS NOT NATIVE ALREADY??? Please make this your priority for next update. I am sure many on this forum use ID for exporting several if not 30 or so sizing layouts for a single ad or social media space????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto anchor table cells in forms to export correctly to tag trees in PDF

Clients frequently want accessible forms made in table format. Please set the cell fields (graphic cells) to auto-anchor and correctly export to the tag tree in PDFs. Currently, the exports do not work well with assistive devices and require much remediation--sometimes more time to remediate than actually designing the file correctly. Note that all USA Federal Government publications, forms, etc., MUST meet Federal law regarding accessibility. Remediation in exported PDFs needs to be minimal. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base