Include spread hide option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding a separate pages or extract pages as individual pages feature.

Working in a newspaper environment, our layout clerk sets up our paper in sections. If our A Section is 12 pages, she sets it up as a 12 page section and dummies the advertisements on the pages. When our editorial staff grabs the pages to do their jobs, they need to be able to work on each page individually, not as one full document. It would be extremely beneficial (without having to "MOVE PAGES" or copy and paste) if our layout clerk could separate or export the document as individual indesign pages. Our layout and editorial departments are currently transitioning…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Colorsettings in New Document dialog box

I would love to have the ability to choose my color settings (ICC profile, conversionsettings, etcetera) from within the new document dialog box. When I create a new document I would like to be able to define the colorsettings. Especially the color profile and rendering intent.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable switching of pages in imported pdfs

I wish there was a way to change the page of an imported multi-page pdf instead of going to relink the image (to the same file) and selecting the page with the import options clicked. This would save me so much time. All it would require is a page up/down button in the links palette that would only be visible when a multi page pdf was linked in the document.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Documents should open with spreads centered

When I open a document with two-page spreads, unless the zoom level is set to "fit in window," the document opens with the spreads off-center, usually to the left and down off the bottom edge. Then I have to manually drag them into place, or else choose "fit in window" and then size them down to whatever zoom level I'm working at. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm working on a book with many chapters which are frequently opened and closed. And contrary to some reports, InDesign doesn't "remember" the position when the file is next opened, unless that zoom…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add ability to "name" individual pages just like we can name Illustrator artboards

We often use InDesign to build & export a collection of project assets, same workflow as using/exporting a series of multiple artboards in Illustrator. The ability to 'name' artboards in Illustrator and then batch export those artboards automatically passing their names into the exported filenames is awesome. Would love for InDesign to have that same ability.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide pages

Have the ability to hide pages in the indesign railway. For example, for the creation of a book, have the possibility to exclude some pages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Facing Pages for Spiral Binding

Having the ability to see multiple pages together, without them connected in the center would be helpful for creating things like spiral bound books. This would allow bleeds for each page, while still being able to see the pages together for layouts. This feature would come in handy for more than just spiral bound projects. It would be handy any time you need to see two pages together, while still having bleeds for each page.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ignore pasteboard

I would like to "ignore pasteboard" when running spell-check. Often I have extra text on the pasteboard that I don't want to delete, but I don't want to wade through while spell-checking.

Related to that -- it would be great if we could indicate certain frames we don't want to spell check. I do publications that have long lists of names that take forever to work through. I don't need to spell check them. Or maybe an "ignore capitalized words" function could do that.

These would be enormously helpful to editors! Thanks.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lock Pages - Lock Pages to prevent changes when specific page design has been finalized

I'm working on a 55 page Yearbook and I'm now working on a page per page basis; I complete one page and move on. Some of the pages I know FOR SURE that they are done; I would love to be able to lock them to prevent further changes. They would not be altered by master page changes or anything else; just locked and ready to go.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to Name Pages

We build all our digital ads in indesign. 20 pages at 20 unique sizes. When we export to jpegs, we have to go and manually name every single image with the file name.

It would be nice is we could tag the file dimensions to each page and have this information export as a suffix tot he original file name.

i.e. 0000-Client Code-'600x600', 0000-Client Code-'1280x760'

The pages would allow us to assign the 600x600 and the 1280x760 to the page for exporting and would carry over from document to document.

Please and thank you for your consideration.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update Book panel

Please update the Book files to work more like FrameMaker.

For example, one can group files together, use folders (to treat separate files as one chapter), set the pagination settings separate for each file (start on right, start on next, make page count even, etc.)

InDesign hasn't had any major long document feature updates for some time. (Endnotes doesn't count as a long document feature since they do not currently work for a book. <g>)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show Masterpages overrides.

There's no way you can tell that someone did alter or remove MasterPage-items on a document page. You should add a little + sign next to the page icon in the Pages panel. Just like altered Paragraph Styles.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding feature for first page number in Text Variable

We work a lot in typesetting Journal which need to mention page number for each article. The 'last page number' in Text Variable are very useful and I wish to have an option for first page number in the feature. In current situation, I have to change the first page number manually if the pagination changed.
    Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Exclude Pages from Page Count

Please include an option to exclude certain pages of a document from the page count. I work with a lot of proposals that have page counts, but things like covers, table of contents, and tabs do not count. It's hard to keep track of the "counted" pages and having to go in and change the numbering every time I delete or insert a page. It would be great if you could right click on pages and say "exclude from page count" and the page count would continue on the next page.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. InDesign Templates and Style updates

I start by making an InDesign template and incorporating all the object and paragraph styles I think I'll need. Then from my template I create my first document. However, as I proceed with actual content on that document I find I want to modify some styles, add new ones, etc.

There does not seem to be a way to have my template updated automatically with those style changes/additions. This would be a great help because my template is no longer usable as an "old version". So, I have to save my new document onto and replace that older template (without…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable Hyperlinks to Stay Live in PDFs ... Even After Importation into InDesign

Hi folks

We have figured out a 'work-around' to the problem of maintaining live hyperlinks in PDFs throughout the entire exporting/importing process in InDesign. However, it's purely a bandaid - although it works well. It would be great to have this process built in as a feature. I've attached a PDF with our workflow methodologies for your review.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Duplicate Page, without the new page jumping to the end of the doc. This is valuable since I need to print doublesided-same art

Duplicate Page, without the new page jumping to the end of the doc. This is valuable since I need to print doublesided-same art. Page1-2 is one same card; Pg 3-4 on same card, etc.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Skip Page Numbers

Please create the option of deleting some pages from the numbering sequence. I use tabs in my documents and being able to skip them from the automatic numbering would save me so much time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base