1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sub-folder grouping master pages

Implement a more robust system for grouping and organizing master pages. Current the long list view is cumbersome, and has limited view options (aside from the thumbnail size). A sub-folder system would allow for more truncated views of page groups that fit better in defined sets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. merge text frames

When copying data from other inDesign files into a new InDesign file, I always end up with multiple text frames, most of them empty, because it creates a new text frame every time, stacked on top of the empty one that was already there. It's very frustrating and has been a talked-about issue for a while (based on my Google searches.) Please, add a Merge Text Frames option to the menu. None of the scripts I've used have worked. It's torturous. As an author, I am constantly editing my text and it's frustrating to realize that adjusting a master page…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. More than 10 page spreads.

Allow the user to connect much more than 10 pages together in InDesign. I would like this so I can organize a large document with many pages. I am creating a digital book about plant taxonomy and would like to organize the pages this ways so that I can easily navigate this large document taxonomically while in the program. The pages will be printed individually so the layout in the document is not for the printing process but for organization.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Load Master Pages the same as Paragraph and Character Styles

Load Master Page options should be same as Loading Paragraph/Character Styles, with options to choose which Master you want to load/overwrite. I have documents with multiple Masters, but I may just want to update one of them. In current state, I have to load all Masters from another document, which forces unwanted changes to the other Master Pages that did not require updating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Paragraph styles for masters

You should be able to create a blank text box on a master and assign it a paragraph style. Then when you edit a document page based on that master, the text should be formatted according to the paragraph style. It does this already, for the creation of the page. But if you change the paragraph style of the master, there is apparently NO WAY for the new paragraph style to get applied to the document pages based on that master. Which is a huge oversight.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The KEYBOARD INCREMENTS part of Units and Increments preferences should application level not document level.

I have to go into this panel multiple times a day to change this from 2 to 1.
    It should be application level, because it all relates to how much I expect text to move when using keyboard shortcuts. Or at least let me toggle it or override.
    I think this is like if my custom keyboard shortcuts were document level and I had to set them back up every time I got a file made by someone else.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Folder for Layer

It would be very helpfull if we can group Layers or make Folders like in Photoshop.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. name pages

Due to their size the thumbnails in the pages palette often give little indication of their content, which makes finding pages difficult. If users could name pages and the names would be displayed in the panel next to the page number, that would make this task way easier.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Book panel - synchronize only select styles

Currently the book panel has an option to synchronize styles [paragraph and character] to the currently slected default file/chapter. However, it would be really useful to be able to only selectively synchronize specific styles instead of all styles. For instance, in my book with many fiels/chapters I have variations of styles based upon each individual chapter/fiel. However, certain styles such as the running head, the footer, page numbers I would like to be able to ensure that they are all the same without overwriting all the other styles tha t may have changed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Associate master pages with paragraph tags

As one has been able to do in Framemaker, one should be able to assign a master page automatically based on a paragraph tag, i.e., if paratag ChapterTitle, then assign master page "ChapterOpener". This is important because often reflows move openers to different pages, meaning that EVERY master page in the document then needs to be evaluated and reassigned given its new position.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Paste in place on multiple pages

It would be good to be able to paste in place on multiple pages.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Import GIF Animations

It could be great to animate a document for presentations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. delete to the beginning of the line and similar support for macOS

We already see the powerful shortcut being used in indesign to fast select to the beginning/end of the line (sht-home/end), won't it be nice if InDesign add a short cut to delete to the beginning/end of the line? like sht-cmd-del or fn-sht-cmd-del?

I been using macOS's own delete to the beginning of the line (cmd-del) for so long, and I really love this feature, it allows you to quickly cleara a line and beginning new one, and in macOS you can use opt-del to delete a word (fn-opt-del to delete forward), I just love the fact that these mac shortcut…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Spread Hide Option

Include spread hide option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the visibility of a form field contingent on text entered in a previous form field.

More specifically, I need text entered into a previous form field prior to the visibility of other fields. For example, you cannot fill out a title field without completing a name box previously. Ideally, this could be an option under "event" on the "Buttons and Forms" menu.

This is valuable when creating a form where data needs to be input for followup form fields to become visible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding a separate pages or extract pages as individual pages feature.

Working in a newspaper environment, our layout clerk sets up our paper in sections. If our A Section is 12 pages, she sets it up as a 12 page section and dummies the advertisements on the pages. When our editorial staff grabs the pages to do their jobs, they need to be able to work on each page individually, not as one full document. It would be extremely beneficial (without having to "MOVE PAGES" or copy and paste) if our layout clerk could separate or export the document as individual indesign pages. Our layout and editorial departments are currently transitioning…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Colorsettings in New Document dialog box

I would love to have the ability to choose my color settings (ICC profile, conversionsettings, etcetera) from within the new document dialog box. When I create a new document I would like to be able to define the colorsettings. Especially the color profile and rendering intent.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make smart guides work on the pasteboard

Smart guides are a really helpful feature but they currently do not work on the pasteboard area of a document. I frequently use the pasteboard to create design elements which I then move onto the page. This would be so much easier if we had the same guides functionality across the workspace. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason for smart guides to stop working once you move to the pasteboard.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Documents should open with spreads centered

When I open a document with two-page spreads, unless the zoom level is set to "fit in window," the document opens with the spreads off-center, usually to the left and down off the bottom edge. Then I have to manually drag them into place, or else choose "fit in window" and then size them down to whatever zoom level I'm working at. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm working on a book with many chapters which are frequently opened and closed. And contrary to some reports, InDesign doesn't "remember" the position when the file is next opened, unless that zoom…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hide pages

Have the ability to hide pages in the indesign railway. For example, for the creation of a book, have the possibility to exclude some pages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base