When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GDPR regulations demand that data collections turned of on the Publish Online feature for my client upload to their website.

Even though Adobe claims to be up-to-date with GDPR regulations, I need to know how to turn all data collections off in InDesigns "Publish Online" feature, for my client to actually use the asset that was created for them. With the new GDPR regulations, they can not publish anything online that collects any kind of data.

Please explain how I do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stronger analytics on Publish Online docs

Hi there Adobe, it'd be great if you could beef up the analytics for Publish Online, such that I can understand where my readers are clicking (jumping between pages), how long they're spending on each page and if they are clicking links out to other sites/documents that are linked in the doc. I'd like to understand which parts of the (quite large) docs I publish are most valuable to my readers. Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Go back to a specific page"

"Go back to a specific page" - meaning if I have text links in the file and move from page 10 to page 110, give me an easy way to return to where I came from. In this case, page 10. Like a back button navigating through webpages. This is for PUBLISH ONLINE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Go back to a specific page"

"Go back to a specific page" - meaning if I have text links in the file and move from page 10 to page 110, give me an easy way to return to where I came from. In this case, page 10. Like a back button navigating through webpages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sharable Publish Online Dashboard

I would like multiple users to be able to update on a single dashboard. We like the idea of being able to update an existing link instead of replacing it which can be a lot more work. Currently, if we link a published file to our website and only one person can update it that's a problem, for obvious reasons. The single file might be linked in multiple places and turn into a tedious workload.

I'm wishing for an upgrade for InDesign to do this and make this tool even more powerful, it will be awesome!!

Art

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. InDesign Publish Online Available Offline

Would it be possible to create a PublishOnline PDF that supported all the features and functionality of a PublishOnline document but without browser restrictions.

Currently we love the PublishOnline and use it for professional client work but it is limited due to cross browser compatibility issues and limitations.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2457785

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow password-protected hosting, and hosting from a non-Adobe server

These two features would go a LONG way to making Publish Online a viable format for professional publishing. I'm sure many clients would pay an extra fee (nothing outrageous) for a self-hosted solution, if that would be necessary for Adobe to commit resources to make this happen.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Download interactive PDF from Publish Online

I have posted an INTERACTIVE document on Publish Online, but when it is downloaded, all the interactivity is stripped out. What is the point of posting an interactive document if you can't download it as an interactive document! I have had to create a workaround to include a button IN the document that leads to an interactive PDF that I had to post separately on Google Drive to allow people to download the working PDF.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Transparency is too fragile in Publish Online

I created some text overlays (saying "PROOF") as objects with no background fill, then set the objects to 30% transparency.

On publishing online, InDesign fills them with white, and some of the time also fails to produce the text.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scroll able content or text

there should be a feature scroll-able content or text within the page in indesign cc 2018 for e-publishing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update the analytics feature on the Publish Online Dashboard so you can see all the individual analytics for each document

Currently on the overview you can see many analytics for all your documents combined, but on the document trends screen, only views and readers are available. It would be helpful to offer our clients more specific analytics.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expand Publish Online function to work with InDesign book documents as well as individual documents.

Need to be able to use the Publish Online function for an entire book, instead of just for individual chapters.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow different users to update the same document on the publish online feature

I currently work on a team of three designers, and we sometimes work on each other's files. Currently, if there is an update to a file that has been published online, and we need to upload a new version of a document, we have to figure out which of the three of us originally uploaded the file and have them update it. It would be easier if we could update each other's files rather than asking the original designer to stop what they are doing to update a project.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enhancements in Publish Online

Publish Online feature is quite good, but it'll be good if we have the below additional features:

(1) Option to edit directly the contents and update the preview
    (2) Option to add the viewer comments like doing in PDF
    (3) Option to attach the files, usually will be as PDFs and TXT formats
    (4) Option to import the comments as mentioned in (2) into respective InDesign files
    (5) Option to adjust minor style elements

Please let me know, if you need any clarifications on the above given details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow password protection on published documents

Separating this from hosted service, because I suspect moving to a hosted service is a bit more complicated. Having password protection would help folks monetize published documents and be a step toward security.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow upload of separate PDF

It would be nice if we could choose the PDF to be available for users to download. Sometimes interactivity creates pages that don't look good in PDFs. Sometimes companies simply have different PDFs they'd like to be downloaded.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. InDesign CC - Publish Online - Change of Background Color

It appears you cannot define the background color of the webpage that delivers the EPUB image.

My catalog has the same color as the background so my pages blend in with the background.
    InDesign > Preferences > Interface, will change the background in the InDesign file but once uploaded it defaults back to the dark Gray

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Forms!

Please make a form options in Publish.

And a cool thing would be if you could see the "data" of the form under the Analytics tab.

No more sending out pdf forms, that would defiantly be nice :)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expand PublishOnline Analytics

I absolutely love PublishOnline. Is there a plan anytime soon to add to the analytics capabilities with Adobe PublishOnline anytime soon? The features on the dashboard for all published documents are great, but it would be even better to have those same analytics broken down by document - not just views and readers. I'd like to know how much time is spent, for instance, in a newsletter I've published vs. a catalog or flyer. And it would be great to know which documents tend to be read more on tablets vs desktop, rather than all of them as a whole.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base