1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. possibility to change the filename when making a PDF while packaging

We always define our PDF's with a coding for HR or LR, and I always need to manually add it after packaging. Why not make the naming of the PDF standard as identical to the indd filename, but with an option to change it or add something to it, like what PDF settings where used.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dimensions lines, lines to show size between points

It would be nice nice to have a line tool or a text box that you can link to a line that shows the height or width of a line so you can create easy dimensions lines for products as we oftun need to provide dimentions and sometime they change so you need to change the text box value each time as well.

It should be CAD style feature please see reference image

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Alphabetize Print Presets

When I create print presets they are in order of the first one created to the last. I have many and it makes it difficult to find the one I am looking for. If they automatically sorted alphabetically that would make my life so much easier!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Batch "enable profiles for all linked images" option

There should be an easy way to batch "enable all ICC profiles" for linked images in an opened document.
    Today, the only way to do this is by changing each image individually. Alternatively, you can force an ICC profile mismatch before opening the file, and then enable all profiles while assingning the correct ICC, which it can lead to errors.

For those whose workflow is based on PDF/X-4, it is crutial to activate the ICC profiles for all the linked images in every InDesign document.
    And since the default behavior for InDesign is to ignore the ICC profile while placing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change the font size of the page information when printing out a page. This is too small at 6 pt.

We do thousands of imprints that have all the job number, customer PO and imprint info on the file name. We are converting from qk to indesign. Quark 's title page information uses much larger font and is at the top of the page when printed out which is much more convenient.

We want to be able to identify the document quickly!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow saving importing and exporting Proof Setup settings (Also include Colour blindness settings)

InDesign is usually the final step in creating a publication where the changes can be made. It is therefore important to view a document, especially if intended for print, with correct proof settings. In Photoshop it is possible to save Proof settings, but in InDesign this is not possible (I wish they were interchangeable)

Comparing Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign you see that there is less and less possibilities to have control which is ironic because often you would not know the output intent until you come to InDesign, and you may also have assets that are to be used for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Break the table straddle rules (borders)

Often we're receiving the feedback from our internal clients that table rule to be splitted whenever the tables are having multiple heads (attached the screen shot). Currently we unable to achieve this, need to fix in InDesign to fix this feedback.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Print Preview Dialogue Box

The small print preview in the print dialogue box was recently changed to a light grey, making it harder at first glance to discern page from background. Can you please allow changing it back to dark grey be a preferences option

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. XML Workflow – InDesign need to improve much

We're facing huge difficulties in InDesign while handling the XML structure in InDesign, but it's good in FrameMaker. After importing the XML files in InDesign, no control is available in InDesign to validate the XML coding structure, also allowing the users to easily tamper the XML coding. Due to this limitation, XML extracting from InDesign are not actually correct and users need to fine-tune the same and spending huge time to correct. So current XML features to be improved much.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Restore the page overlay display in the print dialog.

I previous version of InDesign and the initial releases of InDesign 2017, you could see quite clearly what would print on the selected sheet size. In the latest update as of Aug 2017, if I change a sheet from letter to legal that has been printed previously, letter is still selected in the dialog, but due to the preview sheet being legal and cannot see that there is a size mismatch without going through the individual dialogs. For reference, the portion of the document that would not be within the printable region showed as a different shade of grey, whereas…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Print dialog reverts to 1 copy

1. I wish the print dialog box defaulted back to 1 copy like all other software programs that I am familiar with.

2. As a teacher I am updating student printouts every semester. When I am ready to proof read my changes, I hit Cmd+P and walk over to the printer to find 87 copies sitting there waiting to be proofed, because I had printed 87 finished copies the previous semester. Yes, I am aware of this quirk of InDesign, but hitting Cmd+P followed by return is muscle memory. I know I have wasted several reams of paper over the years.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. customer collect fonts

Have InDesign be able to open a collect and fonts even if the collect is renamed or moved so that the font/link won't get broken

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give one-sided versus two-sided option in print dialog box

Most software allows me to select one-sided versus two-sided printing in the print dialog box. Indesign requires that I go into the printer setup to make that change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Layout-Options for "Cross-fold"-Brochures.

When designing "Cross-fold"-Brochures, it would be helpful if it would be possible to arrange the pages in the pages-palet. Currently it's only possible to arrange them in a row, even if the pages on the pasteboard are arranged as they will be printed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Convert links to resolution

Convert a copy of selected links to 300 dpi (or any chosen resolution).
    Including upscaling or downscaling.
    Alos available on packaging

This would be helpful especially when supplied images are way too big, or some images are fine though a bit low res and need to be upscaled for print.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. package indesign containing other indesign documents linked

I've a INDD doc containing several INDD docs linked. When I do package, if I select the make IDML option, only the main doc is saved as this, not the linked docs. I need to manual convert each doc (or open all docs and batch convert).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. selection tool & printing

Canon Printer support team helps you with the latest Canon printer driver and software packages for devices troubleshooting and answers.

The Canon support is divided into two major areas. On the one hand, you will find the customer service for private users and the so-called consumer products; on the other hand there is the support for business solutions. As a private user, you have a variety of ways to contact Canon, should you have questions about your printer.

https://printersupportme.com/canon-printer-support

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. selection tool & printing

Canon Printer support team helps you with the latest Canon printer driver and software packages for devices troubleshooting and answers.

The Canon support is divided into two major areas. On the one hand, you will find the customer service for private users and the so-called consumer products; on the other hand there is the support for business solutions. As a private user, you have a variety of ways to contact Canon, should you have questions about your printer.

https://printersupportme.com/canon-printer-support

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base