1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Home icon is a pain

Very often when I need to click on the File menu I clicking on the Home icon instead, which is useless for me and I'm going to the Home screen on InDesign instead of making the routine operations in File menu.

Can you move that Home icon somewhere else? For instance, can you move it after the Help menu or can you allow to change its position in Settings?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Indesign UI bigger

People have been complaining for years about Indesign's hard to see UI and the inability to make adequate changes. Why is it 2020, and this issue is still unresolved? I shouldn't have to change my Windows UI to make it better, which by the way it doesn't. Attached pic of my display at the recommend UI setting of 250% on a 15 inch screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make Indesign UI bigger

People have been complaining for years about Indesign's hard to see UI and the inability to make adequate changes. Why is it 2020, and this issue is still unresolved? I shouldn't have to change my Windows UI to make it better, which by the way it doesn't. Attached pic of my display at the recommend UI setting of 250% on a 15 inch screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add the ability to remove or change the position of the 'home' button in the top left

It would be helpful to be able to move this button as it's so close to 'file' - accidental clicks of it can be irritating. I realize you can use Alt > F to open File, but often a click is easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring back Click-and-Drag character and paragraph interface

The scale scrubbers on the control panel/menus that allowed us to click and drag to adjust character size, tracking, line spacing, etc. were invaluable. It allowed us to see the changes as we were making them. Please bring them back! It takes me about eight times as long to lay out text now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please reinstate this feature: Cmd-H to hide program with no open documents

In InDesign, you can’t hide the program with Cmd-H when no documents are open any more.
    It’s a feature I use a lot, and has suddenly stopped working. As far as I know it has been there since the beginning.
    Why on earth someone thought it was a good idea to remove this is beyond me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add ''SAVE ALL'' and ''CLOSE ALL'' into INDESIGN ''File MENU''

Add ''SAVE ALL'' and ''CLOSE ALL'' into INDESIGN ''File MENU''. Using Indesign for years and years, I never see that the shortcut exists ! And past many time saving or cloqsing file by file. Don't you thik it could be a great idea to code it inthe FILE MENU of Indesign... It could be great when using Books and many files at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Scrubby/ Animated Zoom

This has been requested since 2017 with no comment, and this is one of the most basic and urgent features - especially considering the fact the Photoshop and Illustrator - which are tightly linked to InDesign - do have this feature.

Illustrator should have the option for Scrubby/Animated zoom.
    If I'm not mistaken, this already exists for Mac users, but not for PC users.

This is beyond frustrating and should be at least addressed by an Adobe representative.

Thank you, and I hope this will be fixed soon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to make frame handles larger

Ability to make frame handles larger to enable better user experience when adjusting boxes using a touch screen. They are too small at the moment for accurate grabbing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Just want to turn off the Home Bar

I want to be able to turn off the annoying home bar at the top (the unhideable application frame thing).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customise Home / Welcome Screen in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.. possibly all Adobe programs.

I work across a variety of Adobe programs and have MANY custom templates I use on a daily basis.

It would be great to have the ability to customise the indesign / photoshop / illustrator welcome screen to have shortcuts to my custom templates I use on a daily basis. This could be placed next to "Recent" with "Your Custom Templates" .. something like this.

See this thread for details:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/can-you-customize-the-home-screen/m-p/10930430?page=1#M166546

I can't imagine this being too difficult to implement. Please look into this!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. save the set of all open files

If you live in an environment where you have to shut down InDesign and start it up again, such as a corporate "day job" or if you want to backup your files at night:
    Offer an option to reopen all of the file tabs that you had open when you last quit.
    I often have a set of four files open, two of which are open in two windows/tabs., for a total of six windows/tabs. It would be nice to be able to start up InDesign and have it automatically reopen all those files, basically getting back to where I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Split screen on mac os

please allow split screen view on the MAC OS. I am constantly working across programs like indesign and word and this would be very helpful

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show the year-based version name in the about window

I'd like to see the YEAR based version name of each product, in the About window. Today I need to visit Wikipedia to check what the version numbers mean.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. switching documents

Make so using Ctrl + Tab switches between open documents in the correct order. Currently, they switch based on the order that you opened them. If you mix them up and try to switch between them, you'll end up hopping all over the place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow closing of "Adobe InDesign 2020" palette

Please allow closing of the "Adobe InDesign 2020" palette completely. I was able to extract it off the top of the top toolbar, but there's literally no way to close it and nothing in it that I would ever use on a regular basis. And I already know I'm in InDesign 2020—I don't need to lose 20 or 30 pixels all the way across the top of my screen telling me that, and I certainly don't need it lying fallow covering up part of my screen once I move it out of the top palette area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Variable fonts problem

Please allow Undos (or other mechanism) as part of the new variable fonts UI. It's very frustrating when dragging around sliders to not be able to return to a setting after experimenting with various font iterations. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Solo Mode for Properties Panel

Okay, I love the new Properties panel, and the fact that it is a work in progress. As it gets longer, instead of scrolling too much, could there be an option of putting the sections of the Properties panel into Solo Mode similar to Lightroom?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add Chinese language support. A global economy pleads for this.

I need to create bi-lingual content in English and Chinese. The current English language interface does not support this, (though the program could be downloaded with a Chinese language user interface in the Asian region.)

With the global economy we have, the ability for English speaking users to create bi-lingual content with Chinese or Japanese characters is needed.

Such ability is a basic function of most of the software I run.

Adobe is behind the times in this regard.

We look forward to this being addressed in the next update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Conditional Text Pallet

Please add the "Show and Print" option next to the "eye" in the "Conditional Text" palette in the form of check-boxes, so that everyone can choose which condition should be printed and which only displayed. Now you can only do this in bulk for all defined conditions.

This will be very useful in the arrangements between the editorial office and the dtp.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base