1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DataMerge icons/images inline into text frames

Add the ability to put file paths for icons/images with text in a cell, so that the images are merged inline with the text in a text frame. For example "Here is some text and here's an @icon.ai" would merge the icon.ai file into the text.

I know a lot of people who do work on card games using DataMerge, and this is the single most frequent request I get.

Currently the way we get around this is by merging text with placeholders like "[icon]", then copying the icon to the clipboard and doing a find and replace [icon] with…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transform Each

There should be a Transform Each or "Transform Individually" tool, just like there is in Illustrator

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. History and Layer Linking

Add a history palette, as well as, the ability to link items in the layers palette like Photoshop does.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. remove image from links panel

In the Links Panel, it would be very handy to remove an image that is listed simply by right clicking on it and removing it.

For example, I just manually removed over 500 images from image frames using the direct select tool. Theoretically, I could have selected those 500 images in the Links Panel, and removed them in the right click menu.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add "transform" to images

Would speed up my work if i could transform images (free, perspective warp, ...) in InDesign and not only in Photoshop.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pattern support

I am surprised pattern support has not arrived for InDesign yet. I would like to be able to pick a repeating pattern or drop a png of a pattern in and select to repeat it vertically and/or horizontally within a frame.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Convert graphics from RGB to CMYK

I use InDesign for a lot of print layout, and often graphics used/supplied (stock, photographs, etc.) are in RGB format. But for print I need these in CMYK format, and since ideas for which graphics to use and layouts change often before finalization I wait until the final OKs are given before converting graphics to CMYK.

The way I see this working is through the "Links" tab, although perhaps it could be done through the "Package..." function. In the Links tab, it would give me the option of right-clicking an RGB file and within that popup menu give me the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. InDesign Preflight should be pressready (default)

InDesign Preflight should be pressready (default)
    Bleed 3 mm, no low-resolution images,
    no RGB-swatches, no missing links or fonts,
    no missing glyphs.
    That would be great.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Missing Link, Copy Path in Link Info - Path:

Under the LINKS in Link Info, the Path:(s) Location we should be able to select and copy to ease relocating and relinking missing files

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multi-relinking with one click

In large projects like catalogues in different languages on own layers, I often have to relink a lot of identical signets (eps) with the appropriate ones in another language on another layer. Sadly it seems to be impossible to do that with one single click. I have to relink every single file separately. The command "Relink all instances …" only works at link folders but not on a group of selected links filtered with the layers in the links panel column. It would be great to relink only a selection of links of the same image with only one click.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. allow me to hide/unhide some tools on main tool panel

some tools (page tool, gap tool, content collector) are rarely used and I'd like to stop accidentally selecting them, I'd like to hide some of them some of the time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Layer nesting facility

The ability to nest layers within layers would be lovely. See image attached - it's a point of sale artwork example which has Adidas shoes and Nike shoes on separate layers with sub-layers for the prices and images - it has a common background on a separate layer. I'd like to be able to nest the 'image' and 'price' folders within each brand folder - this would really help negotiate files can contain up to 20 different brand folders .

Thanks in advance.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Align points on a path using direct selection and the Align tool like AI does

Make it possible to select points on a path via Direct selection and then use the Align tool them to each other like AI allows. This would make drawing precise lines far easier.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Now we have 'borders' and 'shading', can we have the ability to have transparencies on these?

Now that we have Borders and Shading, can we have the ability to have transparencies on these? Please?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG/Feature: Make "Fit Frame to Content" finally work with rotated/skewd content

This is an oversight for…like how many versions?

Try to rotate your image inside your picture box, and use Object » "Fit Frame to Content".

Normally, with no modification with the content, the feature works well. But if theres rotation, geez, its way off!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Command to break frame into individual frames for each column

Invoking the command would create individual text frames for each of the columns so they can be manipulated individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Links panel - use arrow keys to view each linked file's attributes

Often in large documents i like to check the attributes (ex. color space, effective PPI, etc.) of each linked file in the "Links" panel before packaging everything for the print company. Would be really nice to be able to use the arrow keys to move up and down this list instead of having to click on each file individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Group Layers

It would be an easy but valuable addition to be able to group layers in InDesign like we can do in Photoshop. That would allow various "versions" of a document to be turned off an on, as well as organizing more complex documents. We can group paragraph styles and swatches – why not layers? Palette items should be groupable across the board, for a consistent interface.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adds the option to create sidenotes on Indiesign

Adding a built-in option to create side-notes in Indiesign, such comments that come next to the text where they are numbered. In addition, there will be control over whether to insert a separator between them and the main text, as well as control of the numbering style, and the paragraph or character style applied to them. Adding or subtracting one comment will update the number and position of the other comments, and if one comment goes beyond the page boundaries - move its content to the next page.
    Also, the designer should be given the choice of three options - …

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base