1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pattern support

I am surprised pattern support has not arrived for InDesign yet. I would like to be able to pick a repeating pattern or drop a png of a pattern in and select to repeat it vertically and/or horizontally within a frame.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Update Table of Contents" in right click context menu?

Off course after right clicking inside TOC text.

I don't know, why it isn't there already...

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Sticky Notes to Incopy like in Acrobat

The Layout and the the Editors work pretty close together in our company. The ability for the Editors to correct their text in the Layoutview is a nice thing for both... Layout and Editors. But we really miss the "Sticky Note" Feature known from Acrobat. When the Editors try to communicate, that they want changes being applied to the Design, thats not really possible with Incopy right now. For example, the editors would love to click the sticky note tool, so that they could place it right next to a picture and add their notes. For exmample: "make this one…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto numbering of poetry verses

Add the ability to automatically number poetry and drama every 5 or 10 lines or paragraphs

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make System fonts invisible in the Font menu list

Giving the possibility to delete those countless system fonts that come with MacOS Catalina from the font menu would be simply wonderful and a great feature.. They're way too many, they're useless and they disturb my workflow.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Include subfolders" option when using "Relink to folder"

When choosing "Relink to folder" in the Links panel, there should be an option to "Include subfolders". In large documents with hundreds of links that are organized into subfolders, it is a huge chore to have to click through individual folders.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. DataMerge icons/images inline into text frames

Add the ability to put file paths for icons/images with text in a cell, so that the images are merged inline with the text in a text frame. For example "Here is some text and here's an @icon.ai" would merge the icon.ai file into the text.

I know a lot of people who do work on card games using DataMerge, and this is the single most frequent request I get.

Currently the way we get around this is by merging text with placeholders like "[icon]", then copying the icon to the clipboard and doing a find and replace [icon] with…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. select page on PDF place with drag and drop

When I drag & drop a multipage PDF it place ever the first page. It could be useful a shortcut to select the other page

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. remove image from links panel

In the Links Panel, it would be very handy to remove an image that is listed simply by right clicking on it and removing it.

For example, I just manually removed over 500 images from image frames using the direct select tool. Theoretically, I could have selected those 500 images in the Links Panel, and removed them in the right click menu.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pathfinder operations working on open paths

Pathfinder should work with open paths. That would make it easy to cut a number of open paths to form. Can be very performant for preparing threaded text paths for curved prints like adhesive labels, stickers or price labels where text must follow the outer shapes.

Alternatively: Allow text wrapping with text on text paths!

Best,
    Uwe Laubender
    ( ACP )

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make the text size in panels bigger.

It is hard to read the headings and the small instructions in the panels. It would be great if you as a user could adjust the size. not only the size of panels (when you drag to make it bigger) but also of the tect inside of the panels.

If this alternative already excist please give me a hint.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Desaturate-filter / Black&White adjustment-layer on photos/graphics

A simple and proper way to desaturate photos/graphics to greyscale using pure black.

Also, a Black&White adjustment-layer on photos/graphics to output greyscale using rich black.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to 'warp' live text

We do the vast majority of our designing in InDesign, so having to go to Illustrator to manipulate text is quite a disconnect to the workflow.

Unless you take the entire layout to Illustrator it is hard to get the text 'warp' accurate to your layout. It involves too much trial and error jumping between the programmes.

We know Illustrator is very capable, but so is InDesign. In fact some of the vector drawing tools in InDesign are far better designed than Illustrators equaivalents - so much so that it is often easier to create artwork entirely in InDesign.

Thanks!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Placeholder Text Feature

Seeing as InDesign has interactive PDFs in mind giving us the ability to create forms easily and then export them as a PDF to open in Acrobat, I feel like a feature to inset placeholder text to fields shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

To clarify, I was hoping to find an option under the Buttons and Forms toolbox that allows us to check off a box for placeholder text so when someone types in the field the original text there is overwritten with the new content. Like a "W" for width and an "L" for length in field boxes…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Split and even out footnotes in a two column layout

We work on academic books, and academics love footnotes. When working with a two-column layout, the footnotes of each column appear at the bottom of that column. So far so good. But when there are a lot of footnotes things get messy, one column can be 50% filled with footnotes and the column next to it can have only 1-2 lines of footnotes (or even none). This doesn't look particularly nice.

We are wondering if there is a way to even them out?

I know it is possible to set the footnotes in one-column, but that doesn't look good. Would…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Transform Each

There should be a Transform Each or "Transform Individually" tool, just like there is in Illustrator

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable Animated/Scrubby Zoom

Add the animated/scrubby zoom feature for PC users--it's time. It's ridiculous Photoshop and Illustrator has it, but not InDesign? Since Mac users are given tools PC users don't have, perhaps Adobe should discount our subscription fee.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Align to selection / Align to page

Pressing Alt button could switch from "align to selection" to "align to page" when clicking on one of the align icons.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Object style frame fitting: add 'align towards/away from spine'

This feature very useful for paragraph styles, for aligning type on facing pages on a spread. Would be equally useful for objects, so can align images towards/away from spine

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Borders on cells in a table

When adding a border (a stroke) to a cell-style for a table, I think it would be very usefull you can actually align the position of that stroke towards the cellframe. Like, for text-frames or image-frames you can choose "inside, outside or in the middle". For tables/cells, you can not. I often have to use a paragraph style with a paragraph border to get "more accurate" results. My screenshot will explain better.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base