1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Place > (Show Import Options)

I use this feature daily and would so prefer to use my keyboard arrow keys to cycle through the image thumbnails than the tiny dialogue box arrows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to remap ALT Mouse Wheel for ZOOM

I do not find possibility to change ALT Mouse Wheel (for zooming). I prefer just Mouse Wheel to zoom (without ALT).
    Or at least to get rid of ALT, because it can be overtaken by OS for other tasks (in my case).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Stroke weight should not factor into scale of object.

This should work more like Illustrator, where PATHS determine size and snapping

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allowing 2-automatic page numbers/per page.

I work on proposals and we are usually limited to the number of pages within the document. It is often stated, that when we use an 11x17 page, this page counts as two pages in the proposal. It would be an amazing new feature if you could set up the option to have an additional automatic page number for these cases. Perhaps you could have an option to insert a second automatic page number on the master, or a feature that skips a number, starting the next 8.5x11 spread on the proper page number after counting the 11x17 as 2…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adjust layout won't adjust line weight/thickness

Version: InDesign CC2019
    Steps to reproduce: using "Adjust layout"
    Expected result: a correct result!
    Actual result: adjust layout don't adjust line weight/thickness

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Smart objects

Please include smart objects (eg Indesign pages in indesign pages) like Photoshop, illustrator, sketch, XPress and ALL modern design apps. Also add unlinking objects and applying effects and styles on smart objects.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. import page range index marking from Ms Word

As authors now pre-tag their index, before its get typeset in Indesign. But Indesign does not support page range tagging imported from Ms Word.
    Pl add this feature in Indesign, to save time and money.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Missing Link, Copy Path in Link Info - Path:

Under the LINKS in Link Info, the Path:(s) Location we should be able to select and copy to ease relocating and relinking missing files

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. select page on PDF place with drag and drop

When I drag & drop a multipage PDF it place ever the first page. It could be useful a shortcut to select the other page

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Content Aware Fitting as an Auto-Fit option

A bit of a scripting request, but also as a feature of vanilla InDesign, it's not available. Auto-Fit currently only supports the following properties:
    CONTENT_TO_FRAME
    FILL_PROPORTIONALLY
    PROPORTIONALLY
    NONE

It would be super cool to be able to apply 'CONTENT_AWARE_FIT' as an Auto-Fit option on an empty frame.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add Object Layer options also for TIFF files format that support layers

Object Layer Options are accessible for Photoshop and Illustrator and PDF files. It would be great to have that for TIFF files as well.

Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use of Adobe Camera Raw (engine) on Stock Images or CC Libs

inDesign requires a way to incorporate the Adobe Camera Raw engine, because there is really NO need for a graphic designer to open an image into Photoshop to just adjust the lighting.

Right now, the process of adjusting the Colors of any image brought inside of inDesign (exception be made of the gray scale images that can be tinted), consists in opening the file inside Photoshop, editing, saving back to see the adjustments.

If the original was a .PSD, this is still a non destructive workflow.

Now, with a .JPG image I have 2 choices :
    1. I only need…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to turn on/off Effects by checking box

Often times when using a preloaded Effect, such as drop shadow, gradient, etc., after creating you realize you don't like it or want to see what it looked like without the effect.

Rather than having to click back into the options panel to turn off the effect, it would be nice to be able to click the check mark and turn it off or on without going into the options menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Webp files to be used.

I know .webp is a web based format. webp should be a fuctional supported file format in All Adobe products without an aftermarket plugin.

If I am missing how to do this I would appreciate any info that can be provided.

Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Frame Fitting option to keep content centered

Add a setting in Frame Fitting Options to automatically keep content centered, even after changing the content and updating the link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a “floating” option to anchor frames

It would be wonderful if InDesign could have a “floating” option for anchored frames the way that FrameMaker does: it allows one to define that, for example, an anchored frame would always be in the upper right corner of the page where the text flows that contains the anchor.
    As it is now, if text is added above, the anchored frame moves down with the text, and if it hits the bottom margin, then text wraps to the next page without filling the previous page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Replace the startup panel

PLease replace the awful startup panel that looks like someone had a mental breakdown, spilling derangement over the screen in gaudy black and violet.. unbelievable that anyone could imagine this would be attractive. Luckily I mostly don't see it as my computer opens before I arrive, but every time I do I feel I want to immediately quit the program.. and send a report to you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base