2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

661 results found

1. Deleting and merging layers functions

Many times with large files or files that have been passed to you from other designers, you may have to clean up the layers, and delete or merge layers. It would be great if when you go to delete a layer and you are notified that it has one or more objects on it, that it would tell you what pages those objects are on, so you can go there and deal with those objects (ie the Preflight panel when there are errors on particular pages). This would be especially helpful when dealing with large multi-page documents, so you don't…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New way to select individual text characters by marquee or dragging a box etc.

Text selection via marquee like the lasso tool in Illustrator or photoshop. This would select individual characters in live (not outlined) text for formatting just the selected characters in interesting ways. This also helps to select a column if you are working in tabbed text rather than text in a table. Also, picture a large body of text where you could highlight say a circle for instance in the middle and make it a bolder font. There used to be a plug in for Quark that did this exact thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Image Borders for Selected Edges

1. Make it possible to select the edges a graphic or image receives a border.
    2. This matters because it can be nice to e.g. only give a top and bottom border to an image when it's layouted in a column in order to separate it more from the typography. Without the feature you have to create line objects, keep them properly spaced manually etc. which is tedious

An example would be how you can choose borders for cells in Apple's Numbers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Transform multiple objects at once with their own reference point

If you select multiple objects they are now treated as one big object and transformed using a reference point from that one big object.
    I really need a checkbox where you can choose for every individual object to keep their own reference points when transforming multiple objects. This will save a lot of time. I know their is a workaround (transform again), but that's more steps and it seems like such a logical feature to have.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Object styles to include layer allocation

E.g.. Text frame (object style) can be then assigned to text layer and moved accordingly.
    It would work well for images/charts, etc for long docs such as Annual Reports, etc
    Would be a good organisational tool to keep text layers above image/graphics that can cause issues.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Outline Stroke

Its 2019 and its not possible to convert a path into a shape like in illustrator.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Indesign should Natively already have the capability 2 expensive 3rd party plugins add. EasyCatalog and in5 should not be needed at all.

EasyCatalog plugin by 65bit vastly improves Indeisgn's terrrible and dated Data automation and catalogue ability. It is expensive and adds features indesign should do much better by now. Same is true for in5 a plug in to add html 5 export ability and makes up for the total abandonment of the DPS options. Lucidpress offers better digital magaizne options and spreadsheet linking at the moment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Snap to frame edges/layers

In Photoshop, there are very robust options for snapping to guides, grids, layers, document bounds, etc. each of which can be turned on and off individually.

In InDesign, snapping is much more limited and it is only possible to snap to guides. This means that whenever snapping is desired, guides must be created, which is an extra step that could be streamlined by expanding snapping options to be more like Photoshop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Calendar & layout

I have noticed that whenever I try to create a calendar in InDesign there is not a practical way to place the day and month automatically.
    For example, the software allowed me to place the number in order form one to 31 but I cannot place the date automatically, like Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and so on.
    I wish this indesign engineers can figure out a way you can add Recurring date and month autumnally. Just like the number I know that I can make a master page and the numbers can appear in order I want the software to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adjustable column guides in text frames

Add the ability to adjust column guides inside text frames allowing for variable column widths within the text frame.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics ...Really?

Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics today Brian", "Put your projects into focus today" ...Really? I use Adobe for my job, I am already doing these things, I dont need a fucking reminder from YOU to do my job. STOP IT.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Conditional Text Automation

Make Conditional Text more automated by either linking it with Character Styles, or utilizing the GREP Feature to globally tag text,

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Paragraph rule will not appear on top of anchored objects

Currently an applied paragraph rule will not appear on top of an anchored object in a text box. According to one of the Adobe experts this is a default of the program.

Our catalogue has a country heading line of type followed by an outline of the country. The graphic of the country is embedded. Visually it appears underneath the subsequent text two or three lines of type.

The paragraph rule at the end of these two or three lines of type unfortunately appears underneath the image even though the text appears on top of the image. I would like…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the ability to Find/Replace linked images across multiple documents

The ability to Find/Replace links would be helpful, especially across multiple documents.

For example, if I have 20 instances of a.jpg on 10 documents, I would like the ability to be able to find all instances and replace with b.jpg without have to manually go into each document and do it one by one.
    Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import Options for Place from CC Libraries (as there is for normal Place command)

Place from CC Libraries command doesn't have Import Options like normal Place command has – so we can't choose whether or not the Background should be Transparent or not.

FIX THIS. It's such a common function needed and it's still lacking after all these years since CC Libraries were introduced as a suggested defacto for storing, using and sharing common assets.

What takes!?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why haven't we got Hide Edges/Hide Bounding Box like Illustrator?

very useful for alignment, just better on the eye, without boxes and lines all over the show. Why is my Control panel shortcut/menu command intermitant?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More interactivity

Be able to make things move like in pages but a little more sophosticated like premiere, after effects and spark.
    Being able to design like a post but add text that eases in and out.... that would rock!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. be able to warp imported images by pulling on a handle like photoshop and also text would be cool! :)

be able to warp imported images by pulling on a handle like photoshop and also text would be cool! :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. InDesign's own favourite 'edit original' software

With the feature "edit original" in the context menu of images, InDesign opens the image in the OS-default software.

I Think it would be handy to choose a different default edit-software for InDesign only.

If i want to use this feature (especially with shortcuts) I have to set the default software for all images to photoshop (system-wide!). But I do not want to use Photoshop everytime as a default for every image, it's only necessary in InDesign.

It would be great if I could set a default editing software in the settings of InDesign, in wich I can set the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Split and even out footnotes in a two column layout

We work on academic books, and academics love footnotes. When working with a two-column layout, the footnotes of each column appear at the bottom of that column. So far so good. But when there are a lot of footnotes things get messy, one column can be 50% filled with footnotes and the column next to it can have only 1-2 lines of footnotes (or even none). This doesn't look particularly nice.

We are wondering if there is a way to even them out?

I know it is possible to set the footnotes in one-column, but that doesn't look good. Would…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base