1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. horizontal scale

I would like to have the option to set the positioning up from the zero 0,0 as "+". It should be like in mathematic scheme. Moving objects left=the position gets to "-"....moving objects right=the position gets to "+".......moving objects up=the position gets to "+"... moving objects down=the position gets to "-"

dont know why it is like that now

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Incorporate Illustrator vector files into Indesign

I understand that Indesign was born as a layout software where inside it will be connected PSD and AI external source files and the modification should be done in the dedicated software.

Evaluate, in simple cases, the practicality of changes in Indesign.
    I'll explain.

It would be good to be able to modify simple carriers such as brands and logos or small icons directly inside IDs. Example ... Layout of catalogs of a company with logo A.
    This Logo if paginated on a white background could go in the full color version ... If the logo goes on a dark…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Individual arrowheads like in Illustrator

In Illustrator it is possible to create individual arrowheads (although a little bit more complicated as I'd like to but possible).
    In InDesign somehow I can't.
    I always have to use a certain kind of arrow which I'd love to be able to add to the "library or choice of arrowheads".

Here’s a video I found regarding arrowheads in Illustrator:
    https://youtu.be/R3vTTmUJRF8

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to enter individual object size when multiple objects are selected

When multiple objects are selected InDesign shows the total width and height of the whole selection. I'd want to be able to enter the width and height of each individual box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. functionality not working any longer.

Hi. In older versions of InDesign and Illustrator on Mac I was able to minimise the application by double clicking the title bar. In the latest version of CC this does not work any longer - Acrobat and Photoshop have no problem. High Sierra 10.13.4. All Adobe apps completely updated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add option to center Document Grid on page (instead of aligned left)

Please add an option to center the Document Grid to the middle of the page. That is, instead of the origin of the grid being placed at the top left of the document, have an option to place the grid origin at the top center of the page. This way, extra space that "overflows" the grid is evenly distributed at the edges of the document (as a kind of default gutter), instead of the current behavior, in which the grid is aligned to the left edge of the document and any "overflow" space is only on the right side of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve shadows on items from master page.

I have a document with a page number placeholder on the master page b/c I'm making hundreds of Table Number cards for an event. I have a drop shadow on the number on the master page. When I click over to the regular pages, the shadow still shows as the "A" from the master page placeholder, instead of a shadow from the 1, 2, 3, etc from each new page. You have to manually break the link on each page for the shadow to reflect the individual numbers. The whole idea of the master pages is that you shouldn't have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Include anchored object options when copying and pasting (eg an image)

I'm working on a document which uses images as icons to indicate particular activities. I'm copying and pasting the images as anchored objects, but each time have to go into the options to set the Custom anchored position. It would be great if it wasn't necessary to do this for each image.

(I'm a relative newcomer to InDesign, so may be missing something else in terms of how this can be achieved.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When setting up default page layout, updating margins repeatedly crashed inDesign

When setting up default indesign setup -> page layout then, updating margins when click 'ok' or 'rtrn' indesign repeatedly crashes.

I checked it's upto date and also tried restarting. This is a bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. CC Libraries save location info to place graphics in specific positions

Currently, only INDL libraries save object placement info, so when you right click and select place, an item will be in the correct position on the page. Please add this to CC library items as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. X + Y Location

We have the X and Y fields to get exact locations of objects. It would be nice to have a button that would copy BOTH the X and Y location, and then allow you to paste that location with an object selected.

This would be useful if you have several pages where a different logo (or copy) on each page needs to be in the same location. You could grab the X/Y location of the logo on the first page, then go to other pages and paste that X/Y location to make sure each logo on each page is in…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make selected text in document highlighted in font list so you can continue perusing list from that point and not from the top of list every

Enable selected text in document also selected in font list so you can continue perusing list from that point on and not having to scroll down from beginning of list every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Calendar

I'm trying to design a calendar and it would be great if InDesign had a feature that automatically created the grid and correlated the days, months, etc... rather than doing each day/week/month by hand individually. Especially being that every year it changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Live preview for alignment when using spaces

There is an option to specify the size of the space between objects when aligning an object. It would be fine if there was also an option to check preview.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Round corners should not be quarter circles connected with lines.

The eye will spot the connection points so these points need extra care.
    Adobe should study how Apple shaved off these points on the icons in the iOS. System iOS 6 had the round-corner-fault but in iOS 7 the shape is much better.
    I wish Adobe could give us tools to control the round corners, to shave off these connections points. Old Freehand had this feature. Please bring it back to Illustrator and InDesign.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Layer nesting facility

The ability to nest layers within layers would be lovely. See image attached - it's a point of sale artwork example which has Adidas shoes and Nike shoes on separate layers with sub-layers for the prices and images - it has a common background on a separate layer. I'd like to be able to nest the 'image' and 'price' folders within each brand folder - this would really help negotiate files can contain up to 20 different brand folders .

Thanks in advance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add "Square" and "Cirlce" to the [Object>>Convert Shape] menu options

I use Object >> Convert Shape a lot. But with the existing options, if I want to convert to a square/circle I have to first convert to a rectangle/ellipse, then manually enter width and height dimensions to make them equal. Would be nice to skip that step and just have direct option to convert to square/circle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base