2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

662 results found

1. column rules length option to set frame-based

I want the option to make the length of the column rules always the same as when there is no text.
    Currently, the length of a column rule changes with the amount of text, but I want an option that always makes this frame-based. This is the same as drawing with no text in the text frame.
    See Discussion,
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/%E6%AE%B5%E9%96%93%E7%BD%AB%E7%B7%9A%E3%81%8C%E5%86%85%E5%8C%85%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%81%84%E3%82%8B%E3%83%86%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E8%A1%8C%E3%81%AB%E6%BA%96%E3%81%98%E3%81%A6%E3%81%97%E3%81%BE%E3%81%84%E3%81%BE%E3%81%99/m-p/10724655

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  amaarora responded

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are reviewing it

-InDesign Team

2. Fit to Page

For presentation purposes, I find myself making a Picture Frame at Document Size a lot. Would be nice to have a 'Fit to Page' function to do this accurate and in one click.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Align to column function

InDesign really needs an align to column function, especially for centering objects within a column. This seems to be a really simple oversight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change 'Object Layer Options' on multiple images at the same time

It would be a massive time save if it were possible to change the Object Layers Options on multiple images at the same time.
    We build four layer products images in PS with layers across all images named the same:
    Product, FlatShadow, StandingShadow, Reflection
    When we have 40 products on the page and the customer decides they want the products all to have a reflection, at the moment we have to switch each images Reflection layer on singly. Then in the next round the customer may decide they want no Reflection or Shadow at all. Again we have to switch…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom Columns

When setting up margins and layout it would be great if the user could customize the width of individual columns. For instance I start a new document that's 8.5 x 11 with 2 columns and a gutter that's .25. At some point, either the initial document creation or after, it would be amazing to change the width of one of the columns and in so doing it adjust the width of the other column while keeping the gutter the same. This would help for much more dynamic, asymmetrical and feel visually more organized than simply bringing in rulers. Horizontal rows…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Preference to always select pages when placing multi-page PDF

When placing a multi-page PDF there should be a preference to always show import options. When I place a multi-page Word file I don’t only get the first page, I get the whole document. I should at least have the option to do this with PDFs.

I am aware that I can access Show Import Options when placing a file through a dialogue, but that is an extra step and it is unavailable when using drag-and-drop.

Please add a preference to “Show Import Options When Placing Multi-page Graphic Files.”

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a feature like Figma’s Smart Selection rearrange

When creating catalogs or similar things, it would be great to be able to select multiple items and be able to quickly and automatically switch the order of the groups similar to Figma’s Smart Selection

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a "relative to document" toggle to scale X and Y percentage

Add a "relative to document" toggle to scale X and Y percentage. So you can see the percentage of an object relative to the document size. This makes for easier scaling from different sizes. For instance if you have the toggle on and want to scale an object to 100% of the document width, just enter 100% and it will fill the complete width.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow user to change default color of Ruler Guides

For those of us with color-blindness issues (and it's my belief that there's a lot more of us than you think...), there really needs to be a simple preference switch for the default Ruler Guide color to be changeable. It should be so simple to just go into Prefs & select the guide color we can actually see, then simply carry on working. But currently it's a complete ball-ache every time to have to go into 'Layout > Ruler Guides > Change color > Ok'. The current 'long-way-round' change guide color process is just an added frustration to every job!…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Place PDF comment text boxes into INDD as a text box

I have trained our marketing team to use the Acrobat commenting tools correctly so we can streamline our editing which is great now with the PDF import. However there are times when larger chunks of text are being added. They would draw a text box on the page with formatted text. It would be IDEAL if we could just click accept and the text box appeared in INDD. Then we can just format it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. objects selected upon unhide just like illustrator

In Illustrator and InDesign I am able to hide objects in the doc. In Illustrator when I "unhide" all of those objects they show up and are then selected. In InDesign when I "unhide" they merely show up, but are not selected. I don't know if I'm unique in the way I use this feature, but it is very handy to "hide" everything I want to select and then "unhide" to then have the selection. It is useful because with objects that overlap, it can be very cumbersome to find a way to select a bunch of things

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I wish Cross References could be used as "callout" text.

I would like to be able to use a sentence inside a paragraph as a callout para so if the sentence is changed inside the paragraph the callout will change. You can do this only if you use the first sentence in the paragraph as the cross reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Two requests

I need my drop shadows to stay in place as intended when I rotate my images. I have to keep adjusting the position of shadows every time. Also, underlines are deleted when converting text to outlines. This is a major issue. I've had many jobs having to add jobs manually when converting to outlines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. export to after effects layers

would be great for workflow if it would be possible to import indesign into after effects like photoshop or illustrator files.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We need an Adobe product that creates charts better than a MS product!

Years have gone by without Adobe recognizing that InDesign is used for a LOT of annual reports that are chart-heavy. Built-in functionality in Illustrator is appalling at best, then to have to break a chart apart and literally re-type every label for potentially 100+ charts for a report is ridiculous. We need the ability to control the look and feel of a wide variety of charts natively (with the ability link to various data sources -- spreadsheet, odbc, etc.).

Alternatives?
    Use Excel and export as a PDF and link it. However edits are onerous when you have to change the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Double page / spread preview

I would appreciate a double page / spread preview for single page documents. That would allow me to work with single pages to achieve certain bleed needs (example: single printed menu card sheets that need bleed all around - but still show as double pages inside the menu book) while still being able to see the layout as a whole. That saves the time of sticking the pages together and separating them afterwards again.

This requests asks for a different approach, but I assume for the same purpose: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/31305193-auto-speads-into-pages

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add text wrapping feature to combo box for interactive pdf drop down boxes with statements/questions.

I am trying to create an interactive pdf interview guide for my company. We would like to have the possible questions they can ask in a drop down format to help ensure the same question isn't asked by multiple people. I need to be able to add more characters to the combo box, then I also need them to automatically text wrap so that the text isn't displayed as a tiny line of text that isn't readable. I think Excel allows you to create drop downs with sentences that will wrap text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. rotate item to match angle of another object, line segment, or curve point (add this to illustrator too please)

Fairly frequently as part of manipulating objects and graphics I need to rotate an object to align with the angle of another item or line segment. This is time consuming currently as I have to create a new orthogonal line, align it to touch a point on the reference object and then rotate both the new line and the other object with a set rotation point until the 'smart'guide' tells me ive intersected the reference line with my rotation. It would be much easier if rotation had an additional tool or in-guild feature where you could rotate an item -…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cover building tool

It would be great if InDesign had a tool for easily building covers. Something as simple as allowing variable column widths so that you could input the width of C1, C4,spine, and the width of the joins on either side!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base