1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Markierter Text

Seit dem letzten Update reagiert die Tastatur seltsam.
    Markiert man in einem gewöhnlichen Texrahmen ein einzelnes Zeichen und schreibt ein neues ist alles wie gewohnt.
    Sobald man aber zwei oder mehr Zeichen markiert schreibt InDesign erst beim zweiten Zeichenanschlag. Das erste eingetippte Zeichen wird also immer unterschlagen, sehr nervig!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. break in a text and the text suddenly don't fit anymore in the textbox

Breaks in a text and then the text suddenly don't fit anymore in the textbox
    Bug?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Italian hyphenation

In the Italian language activate the automatic hyphenation of the words composed with apostrophe: for example -- dell'acqua -- del-l'acqua

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show Hidden Characters

When you have "Show Hidden Characters" turned on, we don't really need to see the hidden characters of the type that's on the Master Pages.

The reason I'm asking that is that with this option turned on, it interferes with my ability to read small type that's on the Master Pages.

I mean, if I'm looking at a Master Page, sure it could be on, but if I'm looking a the regular pages with that feature turned on, I usually don't need to see those hidden characters of the type that's on the Master Pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Type scaling

I'd like to see a type scaling feature added to paragraph styles. When the project allows it I prefer to set up a "body" style and then base most of my copy styles on this one. Currently I make different header styles proportionally larger but if I ever need to change my body copy size I have to go back and change all the other head styles to match. It would be nice to set body to 10pt for instance, then set head 1 to 150% and head 2 to 125%. This would make head 1 15pt in reality and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. custom tracking/kerning display option (Preferences/Composition) could show varying degrees of shading

it seems to me that a previous version of ID had this feature: under Preferences/Composition, when "custom tracking/kerning" was selected, the paragraph shading was of different degrees (lighter to darker) depending on the tracking level selected

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. paste without formatting

Shortcuts: I am saddened that the paste commands have been changed around. Paste Without Formatting has lost its shortcut status and replaced with Paste In Place (in line with Illustrator); Paste Into has become Ctrl+Alt+Shift+V (previously Paste In Place). This might make sense to align with Illustrator but I use the Paste Without Formatting option a lot of the time. The previous Paste Into (Ctrl+Alt+V Windows, Ctrl+Option+V Mac) now appears to be free - could this be the new Paste Without Formatting?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multiple footnote groups/storys on one story.

It would be very useful if it is possible to have 2 [or more] footnote groups on 1 story.

For example, I have a main text, then there are 2 commentary texts, that both are linked with numbers [like footnotes] to the main text; & they are separately numbered & in separate frames.

Would be amazing!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Highlighting different anchor point of anchored objects to differentiate them from each other

My team uses a lot of anchored objects within tables etc and sometimes it becomes difficult to know which object belongs to which anchor point. Would be great for there to be a way to highlight when you select an object, which anchor point it belongs to. Maybe by changing the colour?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow document to be editable while using "FIND FONT"

Add the ability to edit and interact with the underlying document while the FIND FONT window is open (just like we can do while the regular FIND/CHANGE window is open)

When FIND FONT is open, the ONLY thing we can do is locate/substitute fonts. We aren't able to interact with the document in any other way. Often while using FIND FONT to locate where missing fonts are used, we find that the issue is actually just some text that we forgot to style properly, or a rogue invisible character that should simply be deleted. But in order to accomplish any…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to be able to search for an empty cell in a table, and able to add the cell icon (square) in a search..

I want to be able search for the cell icon in a table or an empty cell.

Sometimes I have to search for empty cells in tables and replace them with an en dash to show that they are intentionally empty.

When you have over 70 tables in each book it would be really helpful to be able to search for an empty cell.

And sometimes I need to search for characters that appear all over the document but I only want to find the ones in a cell, so being able to specify that icon in a search would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Smart hyphenation

A great feature would be if InDesign could add hyphenation rules automatically when when using discretionary hyphens. A pop-up window that asks if you want this word to hyphenate on every instance of the word where you insert the hyphen the first time. I find it a bit too tedious to make new H-rules for every word. This is very relevant for non-english languages where the the pre-defined H-rules isn't very good. There is probably better ways to to this, but I think its time InDesign's hyphenation feature get a little bit smarter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Custom Tagging/Grouping Filter for Fonts

I'm posting this in InDesign, but the implementation may be easier as a Cloud feature so that it would be viable through all the Adobe programs that heavily use font (Photoshop/Illustrator/InCopy/etc.)

I'd love the ability to add custom tags to my fonts that are personalized to my individual account, and the subsequent ability to filter fonts by my tags.

Example: I might tag several fonts that I purchased a license for only a specific client under their name (PrivateCo). I might also tag several different fonts I received from a client to do a marketing campaign for under their name…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back newly activated fonts

Since updating to Indesign CC 2018, we can no longer use newly activated fonts. I have to restart Indesign after each time I activate a font. Please fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to globally reverse paragraph direction in a multipage document from left to right or right to left..

In a multipage document, a reverse layout option reverses only page layout and not each paragraph of the documents. It would be great if we have a globally reverse paragraph direction in a multipage document from left to right or right to left. This would help in translating left-right paragraph based language into right-left paragraph based languages. Also, it would save a lot of time on the InDesign user to flip each paragraph manually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keyboard shortcut for paragraph spacing before/after

Allow a Keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease paragraph spacing before/after.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Indents without first line indent

Would be great if you could change the indent feature. Right now, if you use the indent function, it also gives the first line an indent. It would be better if you could add an indent in the paragraph style without affecting the first line of the body copy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dictionary defined layer overrule paragraph style dictionary for multi language documents

Let the Layer defined as French overrule the used paragraph style. So you don't need the create a copy of the style for another language. The layer carries the dictionary, so UK layer = UK dictionary, FR layer = Fr dictionary. Easy and very smart.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)