1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

711 results found

1. non-breaking en and em spaces that can be used when using language codes before text.

Please add non-breaking en and em spaces that can be used when using language codes before text, e.g. en (English text) / fr (French text)...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters

Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters. Currently using Mongolian Baiti or Noto Sans Mongolian fonts the characters in the words do not connect to the correct initial, medial or final forms. Only isolated forms are displayed. We tried any current settings but the characters do not combine. Is there a function to do this? We have not found any plug-ins so far. Perhaps it could be that the open type tables are not read which may be one reason for this. See the attached IndDesign file

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to create a custom Glyph

I need to insert in text symbols that appear on products - I have the symbols as an image which can easily be converted into bitmap/eps or whatever is needed in Photoshop.
    It would be nice to be able to great a custom Glyph set and create your own library of regularly used symbols - I have about 200 of them from the technical writing I do. Inserting them and getting them to "stay put" is very time consuming and it would-be much easier if they worked just like putting in a symbol from a wingdings font or similar. It…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A customisable list of acronyms and words that the program can be made to use

I know that there is the ability to use a user dictionary which I use, but it would be nice if there was a exceptions list to put works in that would stop the autocorrect trying to change them or if they are put in - incorrectly they are changed to the right version. For example ISO seems to end up as Iso or ISo even though its been added to the user dictionary and Auto correct and There are some American words that I have to use as they are product related - Customization rather than customisation. Also to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make possible formatting with Grep the value of variable /dynamic element style

For example: set paragraph style for number page and use Grep associated to a character style to change the color of a specific pages (i.e. page 2, 5 and 7) .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. group fonts by style (script, sans, etc) as an option

group fonts by style (script, sans, etc) as an option.
    I'm sure this has been suggested but I couldn't find it. Boy would this be handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. automatic numbering according to the position in the dokument

The automatic numbering by means of a list should have the following function:
    Numbering according to position in the document
    That means for example, the numbering is done in ascending order from top to bottom and from left to right.
    At the moment the numbering only follows in the order in which it was inserted. This is very inflexible, especially when adding images with associated numbered labels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Glyph preference

Hello,

I've encountered a problem where a client is requesting all glyphs for the letter 'g' be changed to an alternate glyph within the same typeface.

Whilst style and GREP methods might work, a method to be able to quickly change the default primary glyph within a set would be amazing.

Currently I can see a small triangle in the corner of the primary used glyph within the glyph window, but would love to be able to move that to the alternate version for that font on that machine within InDesign.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. some difficulties when typing Hebrew and English text in same paragraph or line

the comma always moves at the wrong position than placed.
    see this video where i describe the problem

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add a thesaurus to Indesign (not Incopy), if MS word can do it why can't Adobe?

Please add a thesaurus to Indesign (not Incopy), if MS word can do it why can't Adobe?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Color-code GREP styles

Hello, InDesign team.

Please consider allowing users to assign a color to each GREP style, which would be applied as a highlight to text affected by the style. The highlight would, of course, be on-screen only, like the existing highlights for composition problems etc. This would be a quick way to ensure that the style is matching the correct text, without doing what I do now (which is to manually add a color highlight into the definition of each GREP style and then remove them later). Especially helpful for GREP styles whose effect is subtle. Characters affected by multiple GREP…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Align Text exactly to the left or right edge of the frame

It's a very logn known issue in InDesign: Different font sizes have different spacings to left or right edge of the frame. The more the font size grows, the more the space to left or right edge of the text frame grows.
    From time to time in the past years my clients have noticed that in drafts for correction. This means a lot of additional manual work for large projects in order to align the font correctly.
    It would be great and an enormous relief if in one of the next versions the text frames are either already correctly preset,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Font Exceptions Table"

I seem to recall that years ago, Pagemaker had a feature called "Font Exceptions Table" (or something like that, or maybe it was Ventura Publisher). It would allow you to tell PM; "Whenever a text file calls for font A, always replace it with font B." It essentially created a preference file, a table of fonts and their preferred replacement fonts. Hoping for such a feature in InDesign. Example: I produce a periodical newsletter with Optima as the font for the body text. My customer sends me Word and Excel files in which they have used an old TTF font…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support variable fonts without STAT.AxisValue format 2

When a variable font has one file for Roman and another one for Italic, the VF sliders only work if the STAT.AxisValue is in format 2.

STAT.AxisValue format 1 or 3 works in Illustrator 2020 and also in Photoshop 2020 if the font has a nameID 25 and postscriptNameID attributes for fvar.NamedInstance (a bit weird since Illustrator is fine without that).

If the files have only nameID 25 and postscriptNameID but the various STAT.AxisValue aren't in format 2, the named instances work in InDesign, but not the sliders: you can't choose an arbitrary value reliably.

Adobe obviously likes to make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Searchable text

I would also like a feature i.e. text of indd files should be searchable without opening the indd file, and using its find and replace dialog box. i have hundereds of indd txt files. and everytime i need to search some thing in my indd files, so i have to open all the files and use the dialog box,
    is there any option to do this without opening the indd file. like the search panel in finder, it finds in pdf, word, excel docs,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. quad center

Quad centre
    E.g.
    left aligned text centre aligned text right aligned text

Presently, you can do:
    left aligned text right aligned text
    but not centered text in the middle

There are various work-arounds to do this now but all are clumsy.
    WordPerfect has done this for at least 35 years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the systemfonts invisible.

As a graphic designer I use a font management system. Unfortunately it is not (anymore) possible to delete the endless list of unnecessary fonts at MacOs Catalina. When using the Adobe programs (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), the terribly long list of (unnecessary) fonts now appears. In this list, I have to find my activated letter fonts. Very annoying!

Is it really not possible to remove or hide that list of Mac fonts?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reset option for object shift in flow text

When placing an object in flow text, for instance a small image, the object can be shifted up and down with the mouse pointer to adjust its position in relation to the text. That position is nothing that has a corresponding value in any toolbar so it can't be reset. Would be nice to have a reset button for it or use the text shift up/down value also for objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We need much more comprehensive word/character counts functionality

We need much better support for word counts than simply selecting some text or an active story and getting feedback on it through the info panel.

As others suggest, we need support for Books, entire documents, I want to know how many words are in tables, footnotes, how many words are duplicated from master pages, give me a breakdown of words by style/font/colour so that I can use these parameters to easily subtract them from a count.

Pretty much like Illustrator when nothing is selected can give you a breakdown of information document wide, and then specifics when you select…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to set Paragraph border align to text frame edge

In the paragraph border options we can set the top edge, bottom edge and width to text based parameters but it would be useful to be able to set these to align to the text frame edge.

Especially useful when running multiple text frames up against one another in a loosely tabular format but when you don't actually want to be bound by the restrictions of a table.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base