2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

293 results found

1. option to have PDF Export to output PDF using page number as prefix

Printer needs files with prefix page number. The export make no sense with it being at the end when you have different file names and won't allow the combining of multiple files with different names that I use to proof my magazines. By the way, scripts are not working using Monterey OS any more. What a disappointment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add all DC Pro Roles to inDesign Export Mapping

Currently, the export mapping for styles in inDesign is limited and does not include all the tags that are available in DC Pro. Some important tags that are missing are BlockQuote, Note, and Caption. This creates a lot of accessibility remediation on the pdf side because of role mapping is incorrect. If I have s style in inDesign called Caption then I should be able to use the export mapping features of that style to assign it to the reserved word Caption in DC Pro. This would eliminate unnecessary work and replace/find searches in the pdf when remediating for 508…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The option to remember FULL pdf export settings on a document by document basis

The changes that resulted in the previous similar request being 'closed:fixed' were only to remember the TYPE of file Indesign previously exported it as. Which is great, but we need an option for the FULL pdf export settings to be remembered. We need to be able to have documents remember all previous export settings as otherwise this very complex and problematic to communicate to others if working as a team. Or if you are exporting something again after a long while and no longer have the settings noted. Please help!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PDF readable and indexable by Googlebots

Please make clear that for PDF to be readable and indexed by Googlebots must have "Create Tagged PDF" checked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Changes to the tab order interface - make it work like layers pallet

It would be great if the tab order box that allows you to reorder their order could function like the layer pallet - allowing you to simply drag the order up and down as required while the document remains active.

This would allow complex interactive pdfs to have fields added and reordered with ease.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. fix options for interactive forms (text fields) - default text, font, size, color, alignment, etc. - none currently work CC 21

when making interactive PDF, the Text field doesn't hold the default text, or the font, size and doesn't hold the color.... The text field should hold all the text & attributes that are set in indesign, but even the options for the text field doesn't hold the font or size.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More functionality and control with form fields

Please add the ability to set leading in form fields. Many clients want to print lines for writing but also have multi-line fillable text fields. It's nearly impossible to create this and have it look good. Would be awesome if form fields used paragraph styles for formatting. Please also allow the designer to change the field highlight color. The default blue isn't ideal for most designs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. an option to decide which levels to export

an option to decide which levels to export, for example, create a book in which there are many documents, which have different language levels, I would like to be able to decide when exporting the book which levels to have in the final file without having to open each single document

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Interactive/Button and Forms/PDF Options - Add Text Field option for flush left, centered or flush right

Text Fields are all flush left. Add an option to make them flush left, centered or flush right. I create interactive PDFs. Every time I export to a PDF, I open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro and have to manually change Prepare Form/Text Field Properties/Options/Alignment to the desired alignment to "centered" or "flush right" since the default is "flush left." This option would be a great time saver and save on my frustration.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export Seperation PDFs

I want to be able to export seperation pdfs so I can make plates with crop marks directly from my working file. Currently it can only be done through post script files and it is barely functional to say the least.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pdf-files export to Indesign

I am missing the following function in Indesign: You have, as an example, 100 pdf files, format A4, and you want to print them 2 on an A3 sheet, but in such a way that the pdfs number 1 to 50 are shown on the left in the file/paper, and on on the right the pdf's of nr 51-100. If you then cut the A3 in the middle, you have two piles with all the PDFs in order of number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make EXPORT and print dialogues more correct

The “spreads” function when combined with bleeds or trims options should warn to the effect that “Printers rarely accept spreads are you sure?”

While we are at it, the standard pressready setting should include bleeds.

Sick of sending back files advising that spreads is not a "print ready" and explaining what bleed is and how include bleed on pdf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Character Limits, Comb Line Form Fields and Font Alignment for Form Fields

Hello,

I would like to suggest that character limits can be set for comb line form fields. Also I would like there to be a possibility of creating comb line form fields (without creating tables). In addition, there should be alignment of the text as an option in the form field (whether left, center or right). This would save so much time and effort so that once the document is exported as a tagged PDF, those features mentioned would also be set. Finally, there should be a way to tag layout tables so that it does not register as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show bleed between spreads or make it possible to mix spreads and single pages in the same InDesign document

In a magazine you always have a combination of spreads and single pages for separate topics. In a InDesign document you can't work with a combination of spreads and single pages.

In order to print a PDF by an offset printer, 3 mm bleed is required all around a page. Further it is required that all the pages in the PDF are exported as single pages with bleed and crop marks. This works fine for a spread that has one big image that overlaps both pages of a spread. But not for a spread that has an seperate page layout…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable black only trim and bleed marks for digital print export.

Enabling black only trim and bleed marks will reduce the need for third party software. Digital presses print process marks in full color on black and white pages. These have to be removed so that the client does not pay color rates for black and white pages in a book.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. bookmark zoom level

It would be a lifesaver to be able to set the bookmark zoom level in InDesign (whatever it defaults to now, "Fit Page", I think, isn't great for everyone), so that when it exports to PDF you can already have it set to "Inherit Zoom" (or whatever you need) rather than having to manually figure out a way to do it in Acrobat. When you edit the bookmark zoom level in Acrobat, there's not even a way to do it from the InDesign action that's there--you have to basically create a whole new bookmark, redirect it and then set the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Save PDFs in Black and White

Currently to get my pdfs in black and white I either have to edit each photo individually or I have to export it from indisegn, pull into photoshop, turn black and white, then bring it into illustrator to save as a pdf. This is ludicrous. There should just be an option to save a pdf of the document in black and white. This has been on the community boards for over 4 years and still isn't done.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PDF forms: Set text as DATE field

Requesting that this function from Acrobat would be implemented in InDesign to speed up creation of PDF forms. Thanks : )

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Batch Export indb

I would need to have the ability to batch export a folder of books to pdf. The community scripts are not enough—there are features missing.

Also batch export would have to have
    – auto update links in documents,
    – auto closing and saving (otherwise page numbers are wrong in shared documents).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. InDesign: convert text to outlines when exporting to PDF

When exporting a file from Indesign instead of using the Transparency Flattner Presets and then start changing things on the PDF export popup, I suggest to add a checkmark on the PDF export popup - Convert all texts to outlines.

Itll make it more easy to all of the users, Iam working with Indesign for more than 10 years, each time I installed anew version of Indesign i needed to configure it again and each time I didn't understand why didn't you add this option.

Thanks,
    Idan

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)