Improving the various options of footnotes
In one of the latest versions of InDesign, endnotes have undergone a significant upgrade as they have become live endnotes than static endnotes. But unfortunately, the footnotes are left far behind.
We really ask that you rewrite the footnote feature so that the following features are possible:
1) Select all the footnotes at once (by Cmd + A or Ctrl + A)
2) Option to split footnotes into a number of columns is different from the main text (not just span footnotes but complete control over the number of columns)
3) Continuous footnotes in the same paragraph (run-in).
4) Possibility to add any decoration or title to the footnotes (and not just the 'Rule above')
5) Option for a different position of the footnotes on the page, and not just at the bottom (side notes)
6) Possibility to control the footnote settings for each story individually.
צח מלול commented
please, we need it badly...!!
שרה זכריהו commented
אני מצטרפת לבקשה
אני ממש בעד. תודה רבה
גם אני ממש בעד.
רבקה זילבר commented
In on indesign.
My favorite software.
But really the footnotes are left behind and that is very much missing from me.
Thank you for investing in the development and convenience of this feature
we want it so much!!
we need this!
!!!שדרוג חשוב ביותר
דוד בארי commented
Dear Developers: Pay attention to this offer!
It is very important for a lot of users
It will be very great and will add respect.
It is very important to us
I would be very grateful for the advancement of the matter.
Thanks in advance!!
It will be very great if you add the features to the software,
but not at the expense of speed, because even so it is already too slow!!
chaim marton commented
very important to me
This option is missing from the software
There are many works in which it is required to split the footnotes into several columns
I would be very happy if you add and upgrade