2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4 results found

1. Change the page size

When changing the page size, the current page content is centered relative to the new size. Or it would be nice, if I could choose to attach current content to one of the corners of the page, the same way I can choose the transformation anchor point (the square with the nine anchor points)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for this suggestion. I need a little more information in trying to understand this request a bit more:

1. Is the situation that you have created a design already or have an existing design and now need to change the page size. Any description on why you need to change the page would be helpful.
    2. How drastic is the page size change. Is it just a minor change or is it something like changing from portrait mode to landscape.
    3. Please share links to any screenshot of the document where you recently needed this feature. This would help us better understand this request.

2. Smart Text Reflow + Data Merge

When using Data Merge, if text is too long to fit on the standard 2-page Master page spread, then InDesign should automatically create additional pages (either by repeating the Master spread, or allowing Master spreads to consist of more than 2 pages) utilizing Smart Text Reflow to continue the text thread instead of oversetting the text.

My personal use case: I am working with a teacher at a university to create a literature magazine, and need to compile multiple long-form submissions into one document. Since up to 200 students could be submitting work, it is important that this can be…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. next page doesn't work

Hi there,

When inserting Type=>Special Characters=>Marker=>Next page InDesign inserts the CM marker which is the current page. Consequently where I need the next page number to appear it displays the current page number.

Kind regards
    Mike Howell

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The text frame containing the Next Page Number Marker has to just touch the text frame and the correct page number gets picked. No need to link the text frames together. Just the fact that it touches the text frame will make it automatically pick the correct next page number that the text flows to in the document.

Hope that helps.

Adobe InDesign team

4. Is there a way to double the amount of line make. From a maximum of 40 to a maximum of 80.

Is there a way to double the amount of line make. From a maximum of 40 to a maximum of 80.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing this feature suggestion.

I didn’t understand this request, will it be possible for you to share some more details on this. What does “double the amount of line make” mean here. If you have any example where you can show this that would really help.

Thanks
    Javed

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base