1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

69 results found

1. My suggestions relate to InCopy/InDesign.

For quicker workflow when working with graphic designers trying to place/edit InCopy files from InDesign. Make a quick way for editors to check out from InDesign documents without having to physically open each document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make it possible to view names associated with user colors

InCopy allows users to pick user colors, which are displayed with tracked changes and with notes. But, far as I can tell, there's nowhere I can go to see which user is using each color, unless they leave a note. The editor spends valuable time playing detective about who's making which changes. Could you implement an "alt text" triggered by hovering over tracked changes, similar to how the username pops up when I hover over a note?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ctrl + Backspace

In almost any Windows program (including InDesign) hitting Backspace while pressing Ctrl deletes the word to the left of the cursor., while hitting DEL while pressing Ctrl deletes the word to the right.

With InCopy on Windows, the word to the right is removed no matter if you use DEL or Backspace. This is very irritating and a bit pointless, since Backspace and DEL are just a few cm apart.

Also, I find myself wanting to delete the word to the left of the cursor much more frequently than the word to the right. For me this is a deal…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fully support Metric units of measure for ALL Adobe applications!

ALL Adobe products should allow type sizes to be specified using Metric units of measure instead of Imperial units of measure. This would avoid errors from converting between two different units of measure.

This website (https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/metric-typo/) also recommends the use of a publishing 'metric point' equivalent to .25 mm because it corresponds to the dot pitch of many computer monitors.

There is also a unit of measure called the English Metric Unit that is equal to 914400, which would make it easier for your programmers to convert between Imperial and Metric units of measure. Please see http://polymathprogrammer.com/2009/10/22/english-metric-units-and-open-xml/.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe Story Scriptwriting formatting

Basically with the demise of Adobe story, then it would seem logical to me to make it's scripting format an option to use in incopy. Forget all the management integration, just the pure scriptwiriting formatting, maybe even as workspace set up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The best online games that you can win and play with friends

The best online games that you can win and play with friends

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Author name of PDF annotation exported from InCopy notes must not contain date & time

When exporting from InCopy to PDF with “Include Notes As Annotations” checked, the author name of each PDF annotation should not have the note’s date and time appended as a suffix. Doing so effectively attributes each annotation to a different author and makes PDF comment filtering based on author name (or datetime, would that filter eventually exist) impossible. I consider this a bug.

The date and time of a note should instead be stored in the “modification date & time” metadata of the PDF annotation, which Acrobat populates and displays for annotations created with itself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [InCopy] Open selected recent documents (open more than just one document)

Hello,
    A new feature that allows the user to choose to open more than one InCopy document at once in the option 'File > Open Recent' would be very useful.

I've posted this request last year (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/45136654-open-more-than-one-document-per-session-in-open), but nobody reached me.

It would be very useful to have this option in InCopy as I always work with chapters (usually 8) that are stored in different subfolders; that is, it is not possible to go to a single folder/directory, select the eight chapters that I will edit and open them whenever I need to edit these chapters (and I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Track Changes and Show Track Changes switched on by default

Our users are very dependent on the Track Changes and Show Track Changes function within Adobe InCopy. Currently with the workflow we are using users are having to manually switch this on every time a new article/story is created.

Users would like to have both of these options switched on by default when InCopy loads so they do not have to manually enable these.

Please develop this feature so that end users do not have to manually enable these options each time a new story is created.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Manter controle de alterações sempre ativo

Olá! Seria de grande utilidade se houvesse uma opção de sempre manter o controle de alterações ativo no Incopy, mesmo em arquivos novos. O que acontece na minha empresa é muitas vezes começarmos uma tarefa e só horas depois percebermos que o controle estava desativado. Nesse caso, não há registro das marcações feitas até então. Obrigada!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Open more than one document per session (in Open > Recent)

I copydesk book files using InCopy. The book comes to me in chapters, 1 file per chapter, each in a separate subfolder. I work on each book/chapters for several weeks, so I have to close/open them several times a week (and turn off my computer every day, of course). I know there must be a way to merge these documents into a book or something like that, but that's not the point here (I have to accept this workflow and manage it as best I can). Also, I'm not talking here about file tabs, of course (I open several documents…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Film and TV Scripting

Basically taking a lot of what was available on the scripting side from Adobe Story and integrating it into incopy similar to a new work window layout like we get in Premiere ( Assembly/Edit/Color etc). While I miss the production side of what was available in story, the basic scriptwriting side is the biggest loss. If not then having some form of automatic layout feature for film and tv scripts would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to select all text over multiple components in InCopy

It is impossible to select all text in an article that exists over multiple components.
    Now you can only copy text from one component at the time.
    Would be helpful, for example, if you need to quickly copy the article to be pasted in an email so it can be send to somebody to review.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When doing Edit –> Edit With, any associated endnotes story should open along with the story targeted for editing

This would be valuable because using this pathway, Edit -> Edit With, is a great workflow component for those like me who like to use InCopy for general editing of text; but because endnote text is in a different story to endnote reference markers, anyone using such a workflow cannot add endnotes to the text without switching back to InDesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. support languages of Vanuatu, which are currently very difficult to typeset, with no text flow

AFAICT, InCopy (and InDesign) do not currently support several writing systems, which makes font design for those scripts difficult. The avoiuli script of Vanuatu, for example, which is boustrophedon and can change from btm-to-top to top-to-btm. I'm working with a professional typographer, and trying to design a font that can't be implemented by any word processor that we know of means that a lot of choices in the design are probably not optimal. The best option currently seems to be placing a hard return at the end of each line, with manual RTL/LTR control, and sorting the lines in reverse…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Username for inCopy Assignments

Please remove the function that demands a username assignment to each and every inCopy assignment that is exported. It is a ridiculously unnecessary function and completely inhibits workflow. This function, at the very least, should have a disable option. It ridiculously irritating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Changing the backgroung/page colour

I would very much like to be able to change the background colour in incopy. For example: a green page colour, with a silverish font colour. (the latter can be done already)
    As a writer, I like to work on my own terms. So this would make me love incopy, and not just use it when I need to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. InCopy - Split screen view for Story and Layout

In Incopy it's only possible to use one view. Gallery, Story or Layout.
    It would be great if we could also combine 2 views into one.

With the 27" displays now in general use, we should be able to show one half of the screen in Story mode and one half in Layout mode.

This allows for users who need to change texts to show also the overset text in the story mode when the text in layout mode is not visible (due to the overset text).

Sometimes when editing the texts in Layout mode and then switching to Story…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make Anchored text box and table content visible in InCopy story editor

Anchored objects only appear as icons in the InCopy story editor tab. This is no problem for photos and graphics, however:

My editors can't see tracked changes if they can't view the anchored text or tables in the Story Editor. They can make edits in Layout view, but can't tell if another editor made any edits.

Unlike InDesign where I can see track changes in the Story editor just by clicking in the anchored text or table, InCopy has no alternative — editors have only the Story tab and it doesn't appear there.

This is a crucial feature for us.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prevent manual formatting with InCopy

While IC users cannot create or edit styles when opening up an ID file, they have full access to manual formatting. This should be prevented (by option).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base