1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

733 results found

1. It would be great to have an option in InDesign to select/check several Queries in Find/Change window.

Hello Adobe,
    I have a suggestion.
    It would be great to have an option in InDesign to select/check several Queries in Find/Change window.
    Example in attachment.
    Kind Regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. GPU acceleration in Windows PC

Hi! Why does GPU acceleration in InDesign only work on MAC? I have an extremely powerful Windows PC with next-generation Nvidia Quadro video card, and you just forgot about Windows PC users. Can't do like Ilustrator? Can't use GPU processing intelligence in InDesign? I work with huge two- and one-column footnote files with lots of AI and PSD images. But the lack of GPU acceleration is frustrating. Thank you!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Feature to export / import workspace settings

As a freelancer working in and out of different studios, having to set up workspaces each time could be made easier by being able to import a workspace setting (like you can with swatches).

This feature would be useful across all CS programs.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The "undo" button: aka- Control + z

Please allow to undo (ctrl + z) more than three times. It's frustrating to not be able to go back more than three times, especially when you're working on a longer document and you have to close out of it because InDesign won't let you fix something you made four corrections ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Merge index page entries

Indexing often end up looking like this:

Smith, John 37, 38, 39.

It's tedious to have to make the first entry be for the next three pages and delete the other two. Why not have a menu option to "Merge consecutive pages." It could be run near the end of the indexing process when the page breaks are unlikely to change.

Even better would be an option to for consecutive page entries to create a new entry that makes the first the start of the indexing and the last the end of it. That'd keep the range right even when…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Radically improve indexing efficiency

This is a general suggestion. Indexing is one of the most tedious, time-consuming processes in ID. Look for ways to make it more efficient. Here are some suggestions.

1. When a user selects text for indexing, automatically look up that text in the index listing and display those that match. Often the text with say "John Smith" but his name is in the index as" John H. Smith." When a user selects text with "Smith" in it, have a window that displays all entries with "Smith," allowing the proper one to be selected.

2. Clicking to open lists under first letters is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automatically update the preview in the index panel

Currently, when users make a change to an index entry the result page range listing is not automatically. Users have to select Update Preview from the Index panel. Why not make the index list automatically update whenever a change is made?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Split Columns doesn't work correctly yet

If I use the option "Split column" all the paragraphs at the bottom of the page aren't splitted, the option doesn't work correctly (1.png), except when the text boxes are closed manually (2.png), as you can see from the attached files.
    I don't understand the utility of not splitting two columns at the bottom of the page when this property is selected in the options.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Master Pages need to have one more control

Designing a brochure, at times i need the footer and header design etc. Master page is a huge tool was a huge help but i think it need one more feature. Master page should have the power to bring forward or entirely back of any design in layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. IDML file icon in Windows Explorer almost indistinguishable from INDD file icon

I don't know who was the genius behind this change of InDesign file icons, but it's very time-consuming, most of the time i will open the IDML file instead of INDD file or viceversa. Probably for people working with few files is not a big deal, but when you work with tens of files, it's a hassle to constantly need to check the file extension. It cannot be changed from Explorer, you need a third party tool to do this on Win 10, which i don't wanna use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Firefox Keeps Crashing Windows 10

Firefox keep crashing on windows 7,windows 10 or firefox keep crashing , firefox keeps crashing 2019? if your error is possible then directly contact Mozilla firefox technical support phone number for your issues as soon as possible .

https://www.ecueshelp.com/blog/fix-firefox-keep-crashing-problem-on-windows/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign

Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign with all fields available as Acrobat Pro and be able to live test the form and make changes within InDesign rather than having to export the PDF each time to test the form.

I make forms for clients and it gets very annoying when I set up hundreds of fields in InDesign and finalise a form and a client sees a typo so I have to go back in InDesign and make the fix and then re-export the file and add other fields again to it.

Would also like a feature with…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The dreaded Data Merge "There is at least one data placeholder that cannot be found" error

when using Data Merge, so many of us have gotten the "There is at least one data placeholder that cannot be found in the data source. Make sure all the placeholders correspond to the fields in the data source." error and have spent way too much time trying to find the issue.

Can Adobe add a way to highlight what InDesign is objecting to when this message happens?

This morning, I gave up and inserted the text manually. There were only 4 elements on each of my 5 Master pages and I could not find the offending object.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export the data of forms not just by email

Currently when you fill a .pdf document with forms created by Adobe Indesign CC (or Acrobat PRO DC) the just possibility to send the data is using a email client (outlook, thunderbird, ...) or sending this document in attachement of an email.

It would be interesting to using an other solution because fewer and fewer users use email client... and used an attachement is less "user friendly".

I think it would be possible to send the data using an interface or an bridge... for example a specific site (creativecloud.adobe.com ?) that would store the data directly using a URI : …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add "Grid Calculator PRO" by default in Adobe Indesign CC 2020 or improve the setup of grid / baseline grid

The plugin "Grid Calculator PRO" (https://www.designersbookshop.com/grid-calculator-pro-edition.html) is perfect.

With this plugin you can configure the grid and/or the baseline grid precisely much more that with default setup of Adobe Indesign CC 2020.

It would be interesting to integrate this plugin directly in Adobe Indesign CC 2020 or modify the currently setup of the configuration of grid / baseline grid feature adding more options for this elements.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Curvature Pen Tool

Just like Ps and Ai, adding the Curvature Pen Tool would will make the pen tool workflow so much easy to draw precise curves

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Media Panel is missing all playback settings for MP4 files in InDesign 2020

CC 2020 is missing all its control settings for playing MP4 files in an interactive pdf. Until this year's upgrade you had multiple options on what Controller Functions appeared when playing/displaying MP4's in an Interactive PDF document.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Navigation Points have been re-introduced in the Media panel. This feature is available in the latest release of InDesign (version 16.0). Please use this release to use Navigation Points for Video/Audio files.

However, the Controller options will not be available. As communicated earlier, all options (Controller options being one of them) related to Flash/Flash player have been removed from InDesign as Flash Player is now being EOL’d (End of Life).

InDesign team

19. Implement new good functions from photoshop also in InDesign

It looks like the teams of Photoshop, Indesign an Illustrator are not talking together. New nice functions from photoshop like - closing tabs more easely or gradients that are added to photoshop are not available for InDesign.

Also shortcuts are different and even the Logo of Photoshop is rounded and the one for Illustrator still cornered. That is only the tip of the iceberg. Also i like to have all programms work together in a easier way for the future

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lock file on same network instead of conflict

I don't understand why CC can't detect that a file is open by another user on the same network, rather than allowing two users to open the file which creates a conflict.

A simple notice "the file is open by another user on your network" would be a great addition to our workflow because it would save time not having to go back through a conflicted file and consolidating changes made by both files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base