1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto saving to HTML.

Is it possible to simultaneously save to .idml at same time as saving to native Ind file format? Using tryout now and wanted to save any live work both ways so if I decide not to subscribe, I won't have to go back and save all docs to idml.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Form Button Functionality Post to Social Media

Add a functionality option to form buttons that would allow for posting to social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.). This would allow the user to post an image of the form to social media (without the button showing) This would allow designers to create "form templates" that would allow the users even in Reader to post to social media.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Save as clears history

Save as clears the document undo history, i'd rather it wouldn't. Say you accidentally saved a document in stead of saving as — next you 'save as' so your new work isn't lost — next you wanna undo all the stuff you've done do re-save the original document, but you can't because the history is lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make conversion of older ID documents faster loading

I had the occasion to open a couple of older inDesign documents that are stored on my NAS drive. At first, I thought it was the network speed that took so long until I saw the popup dialog box explaining that conversion was in process. I can't believe how long it took to open the document. Am I the only one experiencing this or is inDesign becoming unproductive?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Because I file share with others, it would be nice to have the option to auto embed all links with InDesing.

Because I file share with others, it would be nice to have the option to auto embed all links with InDesing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Linking of Conditional Text and Object Layers

Why not allow linking of conditional text conditions to an objects layers or layer comps. This could be done through the object layer options dialog, where you could have the ability to connect existing conditions to an object, by having a tick box to enable the functionality for that specific object. You could then when it is ticked link the conditions to specific object layers or comps in the object layers dialog box.

I appreciate the name conditional text clearly implies it's text, but it would save time in some cases to have image layers hide and show automatically when…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Prevent multiple sound files on a page from playing at the same time in an Interactive PDF

Have 2 buttons on a page in indesign cc 2018, each starts a sound file playing, if reader clicks on one and then the second both files play at the same time. I want to click on one button and have it play a sound file and turn off the other sound files if they are playing. Think of it as a menu of sound files in a list but I want only one to be allowed to play at a time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Edit undo on specific object or page

It would be great to be able to select an object or page and undo the last change that you made to it.

I think this would be good in illustrator too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Path to be for every action (open/save/import ...) the same in dialog

Indesign in CS had the feature that every path in every dialogue was the same (when you opened a doc the import path was the same as well). Nowadays I feel like using Xpress all over again: every dialog has the path it had from the last access (open would be e.g. on C:\, place file on D:\foo\bar and so on. Can there maybe a checkbox to sync paths between the open dialogues that indesign manages?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow saving to previous version format

I upgraded from CC2017 to CC2018 (hoping it would fix some issues I've submitted elsewhere) not realizing that my co-workers who are still on CC2017 would then not be able to open my .indd files. Saving as .idml is a really, really suboptimal solution. I know other software I've had allows you to save in previous versions' formats; why can't you? Also, it would have been nice to know this would happen **before** I upgraded...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search window improvement suggestion

Hi there, would it be possible to have an option in the search window for colors, fonts(replacements), and styles, etc... to search on a specific number of pages instead of the whole document, article, or selected...? i could use this on a daily basis...

Many thanks from Belgium!
    Tim

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Querverweise

Querverweise in andere Dokumente funktioniert nicht zuverlässig. Entwerden stürzt INDesign ständig ab oder die Performance ist so stark eingeschränkt, dass man quasi in InDesign nicht mehr arbeiten kann, da die Dokumente, auf die verwiesen wird ständig im Hintergrund geöffnet und wieder geschlossen werden.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Previously saved versions of a document

It would be very helpfull if InDesign stored a log of previously saved versions of one particualr document. For example, if I have worked on a file for multiple weeks and oversaved all of the changes that were made to the document, but then suddenly the client wanted to have some of the changes undone I could easily find the version where those changes hadn't been done. That would save the hassle of saving multiple documents or whole buch of additional pages inside the document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I opened my Indesign program and a message asked if I could provide input on how to improve Indesign. Here is my reply.

I tried to write this response in the "Help Improve Adobe Products" window that opens up on launch of Indesign, but I ran out of space:
    Indesign has layer after layer after layer of instructions on how do even the most common things. The problem is that in order to understand one layer, you have to understand at least the terminology and concepts of the other layers. These days, when you open the box for many devices there is a quick set up document included. I recommend that you do something like that. But not with instructional videos. Someitimes you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Open a new file and see the full page upon opening

When you open a document, the upper left corner should appear in the upper left corner of the window. Then you won't have to scroll to see the page. Currently it opens on the pasteboard with the upper left corner in the middle of the window so it's mostly hidden.

So annoying. I hope you can fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. cross references: character styles and case

At present, a cross reference takes its case from the destination. If I have used small caps for the destination style, but am referencing it from within text, I want to capitalise the term, but the cross reference takes its case from the destination, not the typed text.

To get what I want I have to cause a problem for the cross reference (yellow triangle with exclamation mark) and manually fix the capital start letter, or use hyperlinks and text anchor – a two-step action making a destination and hypherlink that cross referencing was supposed to fix.

It would save…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. track

I would like to track status of reported issues (bug + new features)
    searchability:
    - id: ID-4204327
    - and free text

I would like to get information about
    - status (regstered or planned, in progress, ready, rejected)
    - link to issue
    - on the page of issue
    - if resolved
    - how work it
    - in wich version is solved
    - if not solved
    - in wich version plnned

Now we (users, developers) have no information about anything

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)