1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preferences/Units & Increments/Cursor Key Distance

Please make this feature faster to change. It is the first preference in Illustrator and I love that. Can you make it the first preference in InDesign? I change this number a lot. Right now I have to hit command k, hit the down arrow five times, tab six times, change the number and hit enter. It wasn't always this hard. It doesn't have to be this hard now. Please fix to make it easier.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data Merge > Create Tagged PDF checkbox

On Data Marge > Export to PDF just let us select the "Create Tagged PDF".

For example, I have 1300 records, an 8 page document template and have to export 1300x 8pp uniquely named PDF files - files names from data.

Currently have to:
    1. run the merge in groups of 100 records otherwise InDesign will hang
    2. create tagged PDFs from the 13x 800pp InDesign files (50 minutes per 100)
    3. combine PDFs
    4. create bookmarks from content
    5. split by bookmark structure

Points 1, 2 and 3 could be combined by simply allowing "Create Tagged PDF" and save…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add tags to grouped items

Adding tag structure to grouped items would help those of us who need to perform 508 compliance on long documents with multiple grouped items without having to go back and find those grouped items and ungroup them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export layered psd

It would be great to be able to export Indesign layers to layered PSD with cropped Indesign images as masked in Photoshop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use regular selection tool with grouped objects

I would like to be able to select multiple objects within a group using the regular Selection Tool. Currently InDesign only allows me to select 2 items within a group. If I try to select a third object it "exits" the group. The Direct Selection Tool allows me to select multiple grouped objects, but will sometimes select just a vertex or other sub-element of an object. It would be great if the regular selection tool could select as much content within a group as desired. Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let users know (via email) if they should update their system or not

Guys, if you could let us know if we (Mac users) should update our Macs or not, that would be great. You got our emails. You could just send one email to all registered users 'hi guys, our products are not ready for new version of your OS, please be careful with update'. It costs you nothing. That would save a lot of our nerves. Of course, we could check your website before updating, but it is so inconvenient.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dragon by Nuance to dictate directly into InDesign

This is an ADA accessibility issue.

Allow Dragon by Nuance to dictate text directly into InDesign. (Mac, Dragon 6.0.7).

This is been a constant problem with compatibility between Dragon and InDesign. I've spoken with both companies help departments about this and each blames the other for not being compatible.

That is where things stood until for different problem I had to have Adobe help via remote access login as root and remove all Adobe installations and files.

After complete reinstall of Adobe products in design accepted dictation from Dragon for about three days. This to me indicates it is a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Faster way of following hyperlinks

Make it so Ctrl-clicking a hyperlink (or cross-reference) takes you to the destination instead of having to clumsily open a dialog box, find the link, and push the corresponding button. (Didn't Pagemaker do this long ago?)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Isolate levels in a group

Be able to double click to reach a group object but isolate all the objects in that grouping level, e.g:
    You have a placed graphic with flyouts or annotations but if its grouped and more often than not you have to double-click edit and exit the group and keep double-clicking until you reach your desired object.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Font retirement notifications in app

Really need to start giving us more warning about fonts being retired from fonts.adobe.com. Only having those notifications live on the website is useless - it should be optionally flagged whenever you open a document that's going to be affected.

I mean, ideally, sign generous enough long term deals that they don't disappear off the platform and induce no end of headaches but at least warn us in context!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PLUGIN to convert PMD to INDD

With InDesign CC19 I can't open all my PMD files (several hundred)!!!
    I hope that you will realize a plugin.

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Detect metric system and offer A4, millimeters

It's pretty simple to detect the user country via the OS, so it would be very handy to start indesign with A4 and millimeter units, instead of letter and inches.

Currently, having a fresh install of inDesign, the default page size is letter. To start a new document with A4 is cumbersome. Not good at all, considering that the biggest part of the world uses the metric system and A-sized pages.

Forcing imperial units has no benefits at all, it only annoys the users outside US and Canada.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The little arrows up/down to change values have increments too large

Those little arrows used to change increments are a blessing, but many times the increments are just too big so they are useless because I have to input my numbers anyway. There should be a preference to change the increment value assigned to those fields (like 0.1 point or 0.1 mm) like there is one for the leading (see pictures)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable utilization of graphics card

Why doesn't InDesign utilize my expensive graphics card? ****** performance surrounding display quality, and other performance issues. This software is much too expensive to be without GPU acceleration. This impacts thousands of user's daily workflow, wasting time we could be spending on design and inspiration research.

Before you release new, useless features that barely work, how about doing some real improvements to the software. Make InDesign (and the rest of the suite) properly utilize our expensive graphics cards.

In the meantime, (or nevertime, as it seems to be) be very clear in the hardware requirements that a graphics card is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to search child folders when using Relink to Folder

Have a checkbox that tells indesign to also search child folders when using the "Relink to Folder" feature. To keep it from searching too far, you could also include a box to specify how many "layers" down to check.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. make the footnote continue in the whole document rather than linked textframes

Let the footnote be continues in one document irrelevant to the text frames are linked or not

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export to tiff/psd

One, very obvious feature is missing form indesign: export document to tiff. This feature should allow exporting all pages to separate tiff/psd files, preferably with preserved layers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Back button in Spellcheck

Please, Please, Please put a back button in the spellcheck. I have literally been waiting for this for years! Such a simple request. So Easy to add. Please do this!! Thanks!!!! :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Recent Files pane usability problems.

The Recents Pane has serious problems for InDesign Book users. There are two main problems:

1. Not enough Recent files are listed.

The limited number of recent files results in ONE project taking over ALL the recent files every time you make an adjustment to the book, because EVERY CHAPTER becomes a recent file. In my books, there are often more chapters than allowed in Recents, so it's not even useful as a way to access chapters (which obviously is best done with the Book panel).

1. There is no way to manage Recents.

Realistically, there is NO reason one would want…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More Export options for animation - not only useless swf - mp4, AVI will be great

More Export options for animation - not only useless swf
    mp4, AVI will be great

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base