1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add more bar code formats

InDesign only creates QR codes. Please add other formats such as UPC, GS1, 2D, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to open or otherwise import/place Microsoft Publisher files directly.

As a commercial printer, we often receive customer created work in Publisher files. Working with these documents in InDesign would be a huge timesaver.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please, please, please increase the overall stability of InDesign.

I’ve lost count of the number of times functionality has gone missing (ie: unable to proportionally scale using key commands and my mouse, sliding elements vertically or horizontally without changing either their “x” or “y” coordinate (respectively), etc.

I would suggest (and I am absolutely serious about this) that Adobe take 3 months off from issuing any updates to the product and have all your techs, engineers and coders work out as many functionality issues a possible to improve the stability of the product. Don’t get me wrong, it is a fabulous product (and you have no real competition except…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. auto save

where i can set up a selected time that the document saves eg every 5 minutes

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export XMP metadata with exported JPG and PNG images

Currently, when you select a single placed image, and choose File > Export and export the selection as a JPG or PNG, any metadata that is present in the image (keywords, description, etc) does not appear in the exported image.

What I would like is that if a single image is selected to export, that InDesign would retain all the XMP metadata (or at least the keywords) applied to the image when the image is exported.

The reason this would be useful is that sometimes users will crop and scale an image in InDesign, and then want to export the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Send PDF comment status from InDesign back to originating PDF

I love and successfully use the Import PDF Comments function in InDesign. I work through them in ID and Accept and Mark Resolved them in the PDF Comments panel. But…

Feature request: please give us the option to send the comment status from the ID PDF Comments panel back to the originating PDF. Our workflow continues to use that original PDF for comparison with the new PDF to cross-check that the alterations were made. We don't necessarily want to turn our editors loose in our InDesign files thereby introducing the chance for unintended and unnoticed changes. Thank you. ~Signed, the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GPU usage is a feature that many indesign users need today.

Please enable the graphics card function in indesign for windows. I have high performance equipment. But this is of no use in indesign for windows. GPU use is a feature that many InDesign users need today. Differentiating between MAC and windows users is very upset.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Apply Master Pages Across Multiple Documents in a Book File.

I use Book Files quite often in my job to create catalogs. These catalogs have multiple sections. It would be nice to be able to set up master pages one time that could be shared for all the documents that make up that book. Kind of like applying the same exact character or paragraph styles across multiple docs.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Indesign feature

Please add in "outline stroke" (which is an illustrator function) to indesign. We need this for when a printer requests that all strokes are outlined.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple footnote referencing

I thought of a way to implement multiple references to the same footnote without breaking HTML links between footnotes.

You could allow for the creation of multiple footnote links from the text into footnotes that point to the same footnote, with a sequence of different secondary designations. For example, footnote 1a, 1b, 1c... all could point to Footnote 1. Then, in the footnote, you could open with 1 a b c ..., with the different letters providing alternate linkbacks to the other places in the text.

This is how Wikipedia handles multiple referencing to the same citation, so there's precedent.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Import PDF Comments - Further Enhancements

We'd like to include the below options in the recently added feature in InDesign CC 2019, called 'Import PDF Comments':

(1) We'll be adding few default PDF pages after exporting PDF from InDesign, please confirm how to handle this when importing back to InDesign?

(2) We'll be receiving special characters like greek, symbols, etc. within PDF annotations, please confirm how to apply specific font to those characters, if they're not available in the current paragraph font, currently they're showing as missing glyphs?

(3) We'll be sharing the secured PDF to our external users, please confirm how to allow them to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Speed up for Windows 10

InDesign is very slow to start on a new Windows 10 machine with 16GB RAM and a 1TB hard drive. It takes over 2 minutes from the time I click the icon until it's usable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. file version-control

At the moment I control versions of a project with different files:
    project-xy-01.indd
    project-xy-02.indd
    project-xy-03.indd
    project-xy-04.indd

It would be helpful for my narrow disk-space to have the versions in one file! If I need to go back to a former version of the project it would be nice to have a panel where I have a visual overview of the former versions (I generated) which I can label and select.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use data merge field to export filename

I have created 3 different invitations with a personalized company name on it, coming from excel with data merge. And when I want to export it as .jpg, it is not possible to export : invitationVIP<<company>>.jpg

now I have a list of "numbers" which i have to browse on which company I have to send my vip voucher to, instead of using the explorer search to find the company name that I need.

Conclusion : I need a way to export JPG (and maybe PDF) files using the data merge feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can we PLEASE have a better way to manage saved search queries?

I'm a very heavy user of InDesign's ability to save specific search-and-replace queries, especially for GREP. But every single time you folks do a major update to InDesign, my custom saved search-and-replace queries (GREP, Text, Glyph, Object) go away. I've taken to backing up the .xml files with my backup software and manually restoring them after each program update, but something has changed in the last version, and simply restoring them to the applicable folders no longer restores them to the program Find dialog listing. I've got more than thirty mission-critical GREP queries alone. Re-writing them from scratch each major…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. change idml file icons

In (I believe the 2017) iD update, the file icon used for idml versions of a document became very similar in color and form to the one used for indd files. It causes a lot of confusion during workflow (people editing or supplying idml files instead of indd files). Any chance we can go back to the more obviously bland file icon for idml -- or redesign the existing one so it is easier to spot the difference at a glance? - Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Book Panel - Add Editing/Batch-renaming INDD-File-names inside book panel

Please add Editing/Batch-renaming of INDD-Files inside of the book panel. Thats usefull because during work the given filenames often given intuitively. After work with Rename/Batch rename it would be easy possible to change filenames as the scheme as prescribed by the publisher. Also renaming errors are prevented and the workflow would be much faster.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Updates to Import PDF Comments feature

1. Need to be able to (Command + C) text in comments to copy. The copy button is laggy as hell and a time suck.

2. Need to be able to change a comment from delete to replace or vice versa.

3. Need to be able to edit comments in order to fix user error. For example. misspelling or extra text (delete comma) etc.

4. Need to sort and filter resolved and accepted comments.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I think it`s very inconvenient that you can't sync (or save) your settings.

I think it`s very inconvenient that you can't sync (or save) your settings. This feature has been there. Why take away something that makes it harder for users it use to be the other way around.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base