When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notify us of bugs while they are being fixed.

When you have a bug, it would be nice to get a notice. I just spent an hour trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with the dictionary. Finally got in a chat and realized I wasn't doing anything wrong.

It's fine you have bugs. It's amazing what the software does. I don't mind not using a feature while the bug gets fixed. It would, though, save me time and frustration to know that you're working on it and I should relax and wait.

Thank you!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. XML Enhancements

InDesign is having huge XML limitations, even we cannot handle below mentioned basic options:

(1) Find and Replace the XML Tags with / without Parent XML Tags
    (2) Find and Replace the XML Attributes based on the selected XML Tags
    (3) Converting the selected contents in InDesign into XML Comments
    (4) Copy and paste the contents directly in InDesign from any XML editors without losing XML Tags and XML Attributes
    (5) Show all selected XML Tags with relevant page numbers with link to locate the contents

Much more…

If Adobe is start thinking on improving / breaking these requirements, will…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Indesign Autosave

An autosave feature in Indesign would be a great addition. This could be added under the file handling menu with some options for it. A slider that allows you to set the intervals of the autosave. It would be a great addition to the auto recovery, you'd be surprised how often people forget to hit save or close it and accidentally not save when prompted.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple items on clipboard

Control+C+1=(copy object 1)
    Control+V+1=(paste object 1)

Control+C+2=(copy object 2)
    Control+V+2=(paste object 2)

Control+C+3=(copy object 3)
    Control+V+3=(paste object 3)

Which would allow you to have multiple copy and paste items on the clipboard

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove hyperlink:

Remove hyperlink: There is no simple convenient way to remove a hyperlink. When you check, you find, "Edit Hyperlink" or "Go to destination". So, you go to "Edit" and find the hyperlink field, with the only option to delete the hyperlink being the word/letter info of the link that's in the entire field. But then it won't let you do that, saying: "! Invalid Entry". So, you have to reenter the text you had hyperlinked, then delete the text with the hyperlink. Please add a menu line, in both "Text-Hyperlink" and right-mouse-button "Hyperlink" that says and does "Remove Hyperlink", along…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have InDesign CC 2019, when you select a Hyperlink and look in the Properties panel, you will see 3 buttons – ‘Remove Hyperlink’, ‘Edit Hyperlink’ and ‘Manage Hyperlink’.
    Remove Hyperlink does what it says – it removes the hyperlink. However, it retains the applied Character Style which can be manually changed by clicking the [None] style in the panel.
    Manage Hyperlink opens the Hyperlinks panel (if it’s closed) and Edit Hyperlink lets you edit it.

Hope this helps.

Adobe InDesign team

6. Index / Table of Contents

When creating an Index, you are limited to populate ONLY one Index style format. MS Word, it is greatly inferior program, and yet you can create a General Index, a Index of Cases and Index of Figures. Indesign is the leading industry program for designers and writers, NOT MS word.

What happens if have lots of illustrations, data tables graphs and flowcharts all numbered accordingly. For example, an illustration (Figure 20 or Table 7), maybe on page 40, but there are 40 mentions throughout the document. Thus, in Indesign, you can not create a proper index list every page number…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delete Multiple Index Entries

As it is, if you "add all" with the index tool, it creates an index entry for every instance of the selected word. Sometimes it might have that word 20 times on a page over a range of pages. As it is now, each of these entries over multiple pages must be deleted one-by-one by dragging the number individually into the trash can in the index tool. It would be awesome if you could select multiple entries at once (by using +ctrl or + shift) so you could drag multiple entries into the trash. This would increase my efficiency by…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Color overlay FX

Right now Indesign has almost every effect as Photoshop, except Color Overlay.

Please add the Color Overlay effect to Indesign.

Aside from the obvious benefits, this feature would make changing the color of bitmap fonts so much easier than having to recolor them in photoshop, and import them as images into indesign.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. EXPORT JPG NAMED BY PAGE SIZE

Dear Adobe,
    it would be very usefull if we could export jpgs from indd. file (contains different page sizes, 1200x628, 760x600, etc..) named by different page sizes like you did with export PDF files.
    Thank you

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shared files in Dropbox should alert other file users if the file is open

My team is trying to collaborate cross-country on a set of InDesign files using Dropbox.

This is difficult because the InDesign files don't notify users when someone is in the same file when it's stored in Dropbox. This makes our team more likely to have divergent copies, and it makes it harder for us to collaborate.

Word files in Dropbox do let you know when someone else is in the file. It would be a major improvement if the InDesign files would also alert users when someone else is in the file when its stored in Dropbox.

Alternatively, if Adobe…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have problems copying illustrations from illustrator into documents InDesign.

I have problems copying illustrations from illustrator into documents InDesign.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. InDesign linking to Excel Charts and Graphs

Link directly to charts and graph content which can be refreshed by updating the Excel link.
    We often have to include graphical components in PDF's and it would be useful to have this feature to help improve workflow

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Extract Each Page In Separated INDD Files

Please add a function to extract each pages of the document in separated INDD files like the wonderfull script called "Extract Pages"

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add full text markup options to document review (online version)

When sending a document for review through CC online, my reviewers have very limited edit/markup options (add comment, draw, add pin). Can you add all the text markup options available in the "Comment" tool of the desktop version of Acrobat Pro? For example, insert text, add note to replace text, strikethrough, callout boxes, etc. This is valuable to me because it is much easier to read/understand the edits if they're clear text edits, not just comments in a box. Thank you!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign

Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign with all fields available as Acrobat Pro and be able to live test the form and make changes within InDesign rather than having to export the PDF each time to test the form.

I make forms for clients and it gets very annoying when I set up hundreds of fields in InDesign and finalise a form and a client sees a typo so I have to go back in InDesign and make the fix and then re-export the file and add other fields again to it.

Would also like a feature with…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Live link Microsoft word documents when placed in InDesign

When working with lots of teams and writers in our organisation. the constant issue we run into is only a select group of people have InDesign and the experience to operate the files. If there was a way when placing word documents were linked into InDesign, this would allow for a much more fluid workflow when there are a lot of edits.

I am sure there are many limitations to this, but finding some sort of solution could make a big difference to creating quality documents that will allow non indesign users access. InCopy is not a viable option in…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Migrate, Export or Sync all Preferences and Settings

I find it absolutely UNACCEPTABLE that Adobe has yet to create an easy, reliable and fast way to export/import ALL InDesign preferences and/or settings to another computer.

Really can't believe that I have to follow a guide and do it manual. Still can't understand why you have this great products and a lack of intelligence to provide easy support, easy backup, easy sync, easy FAQs and all that. You're a mess, Adobe.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Preflight more intelligent/efficient about refreshing itself

It seems like whenever one single linked file is edited, preflight starts its entire 'checking' process over from scratch every time. This is extremely slow and inefficient.

Say I have a document containing 200 linked psd files. I edit one of those in photoshop and then update the link in indesign. Preflight then proceeds to check/process all 200 links over again. Can it be made more intelligent so that it only re-checks what has actually changed?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove Adobe Stock ads

There is an ad for Adobe Stock at the bottom of the open/new document window. Since we have a paid subscription , I don't want to see any ads. If not, I'll move us to another product. The constant appearance makes it seem as though Adobe is only concerned about increasing revenue and not about helping users or aiding in their experience. This area could be used for InDesign tips and tricks.

By the way, I was told this was a feature, but it's a paid feature that I don't want or need to see, since we'll never use this…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Endnote export to Word

Export linked endnotes to a rich text document.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base